Status: Completed, sequel "Memories From Cherry Street" out!

Somebody Save Me From This Thing I Call My Life

Seven

Ashley and Dylan finally made it over to the best spot they could find. The top of one of the biggest hills in the whole valley. Ashley marveled at how beautiful everything looked from up there. It was truly the most amazing place she had ever been to. It's like nothing bad could happen there. She did not want to ever leave because if she did, she knew that her 'momentarily perfect world' would be torn to shreds once again.

"Okay, so I think it's about time we talk." Dylan says as the smile suddenly fades off her face and she turns her head away from him.

"Ash?"
"Look, this is going to be really hard for me, but I want to tell you because you deserve to know. I know we haven't known each other long, but your a really great friend."

"Okay.", he simply replies, waiting for her to speak.

"Ughh, I'm sorry! It's just so hard for me, but whatever, fuck it. I'm just going to come right out and say it. My mom works at Fuego, a strip club downtown. She also deals drugs on the side because she never seems to have enough money to be able to pay the bills. And the reason for that is because my father is an alcoholic and spends all of our money an beer." she paused, closing her eyes and breathing in deeply. Trying to get over her fear and get the courage to continue. "I-I want to tell you more, but I'm not sure if I can..."

"It's going to be okay, I'm here for you.", he takes her hand and gently rubs his fingers over hers.

"Okay, well....", she began talking really fast so that he had to keep up to understand. "My dad abuses me and my mom on a regular basis. We always have to be super careful not to piss him off. We've both had to go to the hospital before, but the thing is, he never hit's my brother. Speaking of him...he...he does thing's to me Dylan...", she felt herself begin to tear up. "I have no friends because I mean, come on, who would even want to be friends with me? Everyone at school knows where I live and about my mom, and they all hate me for it. God, how the fuck can I help it. I don't know what to do anymore. I've delt with it for years, but these past 2 years have gotten to be really bad. Do you even know what it's like to be afraid to walk into your own house? To be made fun of everyday for where you live and the clothes you wear? To have to keep your door locked at night because your scared? I've tried and tried and tried, but Dylan, there's only so much a person can take. I've thought about running away so many times, it's not even funny. I'm to the point where I've thought about killing myself. I even tried to once." She suddenly stopped and put her head in her hand's, sobbing and feeling embarrassed at the same time.

He leaned over and wrapped his arms around her. "I'm here for you. You have me. And I'm going to try my hardest to protect you. You don't deserve this Ashley, you don't deserve this at all."

She just nodded, unable to talk. Closing her eyes, she buried her head into his chest, clinging to him, not wanting this moment to ever end.
♠ ♠ ♠
=]]
comment?
i would have posted this sooner, but i was watching grey's anatomy, haha.