Status: Active. Updates may be quite slow, but it will be updated. :D

You're a Classic Like a Little Black Dress

one.

1) Build God, Then We'll Talk - Panic! At The Disco
Click on the link, all will be explained

“Thank you; we are Panic At The Disco, drive safely. We’ll see you this fall!” Brendon bellowed into the microphone as the five of us left the stage.

Eager to enter the comforting state of post show euphoria, I moved carefully from behind my piano and waved once to the crowd before quickly retreating to the safety of backstage.

“Great show, Jess,” Spencer said as he wrapped his arm around my slender shoulders. “I liked the little outro you added on Time To Dance, it really added another dimension to the song.” He smiled down at me, I felt immensely proud when he told me that.

“Thanks Spence, you too.” I patted him on the arm and smiled at up at him.

“WOO! End of tour!” Brendon screeched running past us into the dressing room, evoking chuckles from both Spencer and myself.

I was glad for the end of tour, the guys and I had been on the road for almost three months non-stop. And while I loved the guys to death, sometimes I needed to have some quality time alone. Being the only girl in a predominantly male environment was hard, but I’d have been
lying if I said I didn’t enjoy it.

Las Vegas: the last stop on the tour, and the boys’ hometown. Being originally from Chicago meant I had to get a flight back home. Ryan, Brendon and Spencer all offered me an invitation to spend the night at theirs, but I politely declined, just wanting to go home.

Jon was also from Chicago, but he’d taken up Brendon’s offer and was staying over at his for a while.

After very lengthy goodbyes to the band, when I was on my way to the airport, the usual excitement bubbled up inside me. I loved my hometown. The way the wind was always blowing, the friendly people, the fact I rarely went out without bumping into someone I knew. I was a true Chicagoan through and through.

My destination was the airport, and as the rain pattered rhythmically on the sleek black vehicle, droplets of rain streaked down the windows. I looked out, watching as the trees became all but a green blur as we sped past them.

I was one of the only people I knew that enjoyed taking planes rides on their own. I loved to just sit there and think, or dive headfirst into a good book.

The two hour plane journey was this time filled with sleep and not much else. In what felt like seconds we were touching down.

“Jess! Welcome home sis!” my little sister Eva cried as she ran across the parking lot towards me, causing many passersby to contort their faces into looks of sheer confusion.

“Hey sis, how are you?” I asked after the mandatory ‘welcome home’ hug.

She happily began talking, as she informed me of all the goings on in her life; her new job, her favourite new restaurant, her discovery of The Beatles – I smiled. I was proud, my sister had grown up. She was a mature, beautiful woman.

“And there’s this really cute guy at the book store in the mall,” she gushed, fluttering her eyelashes dreamily.

I teased her as she drove, making her cheeks turn a pale pink in the process. ‘Dylan’ as I’d been told his name was, was apparently ‘the perfect guy’.

Whenever I was with my sister, the time just seemed to disappear, to slip away from me when I was enjoying it most.

Finally, being back home was like a dream. I had my own room, my own bed, other females around – it was great.

One cool afternoon, I sat on the balcony of the sixth floor apartment that I shared with my sister. I soaked in the sun’s rays and allowed them to slightly darken my overly pale skin. The distant chimes of the phone floated through the air. Reluctantly, I pulled the electric blue sunglasses from my face and ran to pick up the phone.

I pressed the green button, “Hello?” I asked, wondering where Eva was and why she hadn’t bothered to pick up the phone.

“Jess? It’s Spence,” the familiar warm voice sounded on the other end of the line.

“Spencer, how are you?” I asked, genuinely interested.

“Everything’s good, I just wanted to tell you about another tour!” he exclaimed, and I just about managed to hold back a squeal. “We’re going on tour with Fall Out Boy!” he near enough yelled. Then my stomach dropped, Fall Out Boy? I’d toured with Panic for three years, seen them through two albums, the loss of a bassist, the arrival of another, I was ready to do anything for those boys. But I wasn’t sure if I could deal with going on tour with Patrick.

“Um…I don’t think I can do that,” I stammered, still in slight disbelief, or maybe it was confusion, my mind was in such a state that I couldn’t tell.

There was a second of awkward silence before he spoke, “why not Jess?” he seemed confused and concerned in equal measures.

“Don’t worry, it’s a long story…” I trailed off.

“Tell me Jess, Auntie Spencer is here to listen,” he joked, adopting his agony aunt persona, which basically just consisted of him and a bad feminine voice.

“I have a fairly complicated history with Patrick…” I trailed off once more, the sudden burst of confidence being blown out like a candle.

“Patrick? I didn’t even know you guys knew each other,” he stated in a tone that indicated he wanted me to go on.

“Yeah, we did, and we kinda ended on bad terms,” I informed him.

“Do you want to talk about it?” he asked becoming serious once more. Of all the Panic boys, I was the closest to Spencer, we just clicked. Right from day one, he was like the peanut butter to my jelly and I trusted him.

“Okay, so here goes…” I went on to tell him everything. About my school life, my relationship with Patrick, and our rather sticky end. “You can’t tell anyone, okay?”

“Of course Jessie,” I could imagine him nodding, despite the fact I couldn’t see him.

“Pinky swear?”

“Jessie, we’re on the phone,” I immediately detected the cocky smile in his voice.

“You know what I mean!” I huffed.

“Alright, I’ll hit you up with the details in an email. Got to go, Haley and I are going out. Love ya!” he made kissy noises through the phone.

“Love you too, bye!” I called before hanging up.

A tour with Patrick. Great.
♠ ♠ ♠
Chapter uno! Sorry it took so long, school's completely taken over my life for the past couple of months. Two more weeks then I won't have any work or exams to worry about!

Comment?