Status: Writing the next chapter ! Might take a while..

After All These Years

oo6.

After the guys left, Cassandra sat quietly on her couch. She didn't know how to feel or what to think. She opened the photo album again and look at the little cute boy with dimples. How could she have forgotten? She and that little boy were inseparable at school. She couldn't believe it was Matt.

I guess i just blocked it out of my head? Wow. I can't believe it she thought to herself.

She couldn't help but get this funny feeling in the pit of her stomach. All Cassandra knew was that she was excited for the next time they would be able to hang out again, hopefully this time with Mark.

*

Mark got home from work and called Cassandra. "Hey babe, whatcha doing?" Mark asked.
"Hey! How was work? I had... a crazy day? Uhh... Matt, Brian, Johnny, Jimmy and Zacky came over.. We watched a movie and got a little drunk. Dude, you wanna hear a crazy story?" she said.

"Whaaaaat, first of all, lucky ass! Second, work was really good, i'm exhausted though. And third, yes my dear, i would love to hear a story." Mark said, wondering what Cass could possibly say.

Cassandra took a deep breath, "Weeeeelllllll, so like remember how i was in pre-k?" She asked. Mark started laughing, "Yes, i remember your little cute cheeks." Cassandra giggled, "Well, remember that boy I told you about once, the one that disappeared out of nowhere? That was Matt! He was my long lost best friend! I showed them pictures today because they asked and well, they saw Matt and now i'm kind of freaking out and excited because what are the odds!?" Cassandra was practically screaming.

Mark felt a little confused, maybe even a little jealous. "Woah there tiger, slow down.. so Matt is the mystery kid? Wow that's cool, what are the odds hmm. Do you have plans to see them again?" he asked. "We didn't really talk about it, but i sure hope so. They're really cool Marky, but this time..we shall go on a day when you're free. I want to be with you too." Mark smiled, feeling less uneasy. "Okay shnookums, I'm sleepy, i gotta hit the hay, i love you Cass. Goodnight, i'll see you tomorrow." he said. "I love you too boo. Goodnight, sweet dreams." they hung up.

*

"Matt?" Val asked. He shook his head, coming out from his day dream. "What are you thinking about?" Val asked, her eyebrows furrowed. "Nothing love, i was just stuck." Matt said. "What did you guys do today?" she asked, her eyes searching his for clues of resistance. Matt took a while to reply, not knowing what her reaction would be like. He didn't wanna say anything about Cassandra in fear of Val's recent moodiness.

"The guys just went to go watch a movie, then the bars as usual. Nothing new." he said searching Val's face. She was expressionless, looking at him. She was convinced. "I wasn't feeling well today, i just went home early. Leana took me." Val said. Matt was stuck in a daze again, he didn't know whether it was because he was drunk or if Cassandra was always going to be stuck in his head. He was thinking about the first time he met her.

**"Mommy don't let me go! I'm not ready yet! How will i make friends? What time does it end? When will i see you again!?" this little brunette girl said. She looked terrified. The lady just picked up the little girl and shushed her, "It's okay Cassie, you'll do just fine. I'll be back in two hours, just smile and be good, time will fly by so fast! I have to go now, baby. Mommy has work."

A baby Matt watched as the lady walked away. The little girl was just standing there, by the exit watching her mom walk away. Matt felt bad, he didn't want to see anyone sad. Little Matt started walking toward the small chocolate hair colored girl. He tapped her and she turned around with tears streaming down her face. Matt paused, not knowing what to do. She sniffled, "Hi, I'm Cassie. What are you doing?" she started. Matt smiled his little cheeky smile. "Hi, I'm Matt! Why are you sad? Your mom will be back don't worry." The little girl smiled a little, she looked calmer, and her tears had stopped. "Want to be my first friend?" Matt asked. The little girl smiled and nodded. "Yes please." and they walked away to play with the LEGO blocks on the colorful carpet.**


"Matt! Can you listen to me? I'm talking to you." Val said. Matt again, was taken out of his daze and faced the real world. "Why are you smiling, what are you thinking of?" Val asked. "Nothing, i just remembered that Jimmy is a pussy, that's all." He said finding his manly composure again. Val didn't look so convinced this time. "Do you love me still?" Val asked.

Matt nodded his head.

Why does she ask this all the fucking time?Don't i show her enough. God! He thought to himself.

"Yeah, i do. Why else would i be with you?" he said a little annoyed. "I just don't know anymore, your head has been somewhere else lately." Val said. "Val, i should ask you that question. I know what you do behind my back!" Matt said as he got up and walked away.
♠ ♠ ♠
OH MY GOODNESS!
it's been 4 years since i updated.
Life happened! i forgot all about it, but im back i want to finish what i started.

SORRY for such a long hiatus. i've missed Mibba.

thanks ! <3 <3