Status: Writing the next chapter ! Might take a while..

After All These Years

oo8.

Cassandra got home and saw Mark asleep on her couch. She couldn’t help but smile and stare. She took out her phone and snapped a picture of the man on her couch. She couldn’t believe how long they’ve gone. She sat down by his head and kissed his cheek. It wasn’t weird that he was there before her, he had his own set of keys to her house, just like she had her own for his.

“Good morning sleepy head.” she said as his eyes fluttered open. He stretched and yawned and smiled.

“Hey buttercup, I missed you. You took forever, man. What are we gonna do today?” he asked.
It was only eight thirty at night and they had time before they would go to bed. “I don’t know. Can you sleep over today, I don’t want to sleep alone.” she said looking at his face. He smiled and nodded. They decided to go to dinner at Olive Garden.

~

“Best deal EVER!” Mark exclaimed in the car. “I cannot even breathe. What did you get me in to! I’m never eating again.” Cassie said as she slumped into the passenger’s seat of Mark’s car.

“Don’t tell me that 10 bucks for never ending breadsticks, pasta, and salad was a bad thing. You know it was amazing. I’m so stuffed, dude.” He said laughing.

“It wasn’t I just got carried away and at the whole restaurant, or at least I feel like I did!” she whined.
“Good, you need some meat on them bones anyway.” Mark said poking her belly.

“Don’t! I’ll explode!” she said trying not to laugh.

“Thanks for taking me out. I got you next time!” she said as they drove away. Cassandra turned on the radio and heard a familiar band playing. Avenged Sevenfold’s sweet music was pouring out of the speakers, and she thought of Matt. She wondered how they were all doing.

“Why don’t you just call if you’re wondering?” Mark said looking at Cass’s face. Her read her like a book.

“I don’t wanna be a creep. We had only hung out once and I don’t wanna bother them.” She said blushing.

“They won’t think of you as a creep, trust me. And if anything, you’re a hot creep.” He said smirking. Cassandra rolled her eyes, blushing a little. She was used to her best friend talking to her that way, but he always made her feel good and confident.

She picked up her phone and looked for Jimmy’s number. She clicked call and waited nervously for him to pick up.

*

“I don’t know how I’m gonna drive!” Jimmy said slurring.

“You’re not driving dude, I’ll drive if anything.” Brian said. He was the most sober of the group. Matt’s head was down, he was done drinking and just passed out cold.

Jimmy’s phone started buzzing in his pocket. He got into a little fit of giggles and no one knew why. “Jimmy what’s so funny, dude?” Brian asked.

“I’m being tickled! I don’t know why or where it’s coming from!” he said laughing even harder.

Brian saw a light escaping from the hole in Jimmy’s pocket. “It’s your phone. Here, let me get it.” Brian said grabbing the phone from Jimmy’s pocket.

“It’s Cassandra.” Brian said picking the phone up.

“Hello Cassandra, love. It’s Brian, everyone’s too fucked up to get to the phone right now, ha ha. What’s up dear?” he said.

“Oh, is it a bad time? I don’t want to bother, I just wanted to see if you guys wanted to hang out. Mark and I don’t have anything to do.”

Brian smiled and told the guys Cassandra wanted to hang out. They all nodded and said to invite her to the bar.

“It’s a great time, you’re lucky we know the guys at the bar. Come over and let’s drink up.” Brian said giving her the address.

“Are you sure? I don’t wanna ruin your guys’ night.” Cassandra said.

“No worries, come and have fun with us.” Brian said looking at the guys. They were looking at him waiting for him to get off the phone.

“What are we going to do about Matt? He wouldn’t want anyone to see him like this.” Johnny said. They all nodded in agreement.

“I’ll get him.” Zacky said walking to the bar and asking for water. He walked back and sat Matt upward.

“Matt, we’re gonna have company dude, you gotta get up and sober up a little.” He said. Matt moved around a little, ignoring Zacky. “Cassandra is coming.” Zacky said. Matt opened his eyes and looked around.

“Fuck, what happened?” he mumbled.

“Drink this man, you gotta sober up a little, we can’t let Cassandra see you like this.” Zacky said smirking.

“Fuck you man.” Matt said laughing. He was still drunk.

Zacky gave him the water and Matt drank it. He put his head back down and waited for the headache to go away. He stayed awake with his head down listening to the guys talk.

“I’m excited, she’s cool man, good company for once. It’s different than any of the other people that come around.” said Jimmy.

Matt was thinking about Val and Cassandra. He didn’t know why he was thinking of Cassandra, what a coincidence that she would pop up into his life again.

Matt heard a girls voice at the table saying hi and he looked up to meet the eyes of Cassandra. At that moment he sobered up. “Hey Matt!” she said smiling and going to hug him. Matt felt himself blush and smile a genuine smile. He hugged her back and she sat next to Mark.

“Hey man, what’s up?” Mark said to the guys. They all said there hello’s and Mark went to get drinks for him and Cassandra.

Mark came back with four shots of Jack Daniels and gave two to Cassandra. “Oh man! It’s been a while. Mark said as he took both shots with Cassandra. She felt the burn of the alcohol and made a weird face. “Yeah, man.. You guys aren’t going to drink?” Cassie asked. They were all sitting back and chilling with empty beer mugs around the table.

“I am!” Jimmy said. He went to get more beers for everyone. Matt looked at his beer contemplating whether he was going to drink or not. He felt a lot better now that Cassandra was there, like her presence was uplifting.

*

Cassandra was enjoying her night with the guys, drink in her hand listening to Jimmy crack jokes and talk about the most random things ever. “What are you guys doing this weekend?” she asked.

“Nothing so far, why what’s up?” Zacky asked.

“Well, I was just wondering because I have the weekend off for work and I wanted to do something. I hear it’s going to be really hot!”she said wondering if they would suggest a bbq or swimming kick back.

“We can do something at my place.” Matt said. “My swimming pool can be put to use again. It’s been a while anyway.”

Cassandra smiled and nodded. She loved swimming. “How are you guys anyway?” she asked looking around the table.

All of a sudden everything got quiet and everyone looked at Matt. Cassandra got uncomfortable and shifted in her seat.

“Uhm… did I miss something?” she asked looking at Matt.

“No, everything’s good, we just wanted to go out and have a good time.” He said smiling.
Cassandra could tell it wasn’t genuine, she saw it in his eyes, but didn’t want to push further. She felt uncomfortable and looked around the bar, she spotted Val.

“You guys, isn’t that Val over there?” she said looking at the bar. Matt looked right away. Val was looking at Cassandra, glaring. “Uh, is she mad?” Cassandra asked.

“Just ignore her, she just has a natural bitch face.” Matt said. “You guys wanna get out of here now?” He said getting up.

Cassandra felt confused. She didn’t know why Val wouldn’t like her, or why Matt was suddenly not in the mood anymore. They all got up and walked out the back exit.

It was almost two in the morning. “Oh man guys, I am really tired. I think I’m gonna head home.” She said. They all nodded and said their goodbyes.

“Man, I hope to see you guys soon again.” He said waving and leaving to get the car. Cassandra stood there a little awkwardly. They all waited for Mark to pull up.

“Cassandra, I’ll call you this weekend to let you know what’s up.” Matt said.

“Alright, I’ll be waiting!” she said. She went over to hug the guys and they did a group hug.
Mark pulled up and Cassandra got into the car.

*

When they pulled away, Val walked out of the back entrance. All the guys looked at her, and then to Matt. “Fucking shit.” Matt said and walked toward her.

*

In the car, Cassandra yawned and leaned on Mark. "You tired?" he asked looking at her.

"Yeah, it hit me out of nowhere." she said yawning more. "What do you think that was about, with Val. Did you see how she was murdering me with her eyes?" she asked Mark.

Mark chuckled. "No i didn't see. Maybe they just got in a fight or something, i don't know. Don't worry about it.

They pulled up to Cassandra's house and got out to the walked straight to the bedroom. Cassandra plopped right onto the bed. "Goodnight Mark, thanks for staying the night." She said yawning. She laid down and fell asleep right away.