Status: Writing the next chapter ! Might take a while..

After All These Years

oo9.

“Matt, are you fucking kidding me right now? What was that bitch doing here with you? You already moved on!? What the fuck I want to fix this! Matt please—“ Val was cut off by a raging Matt.

“Val shut the fuck up. Don’t you ever talk about her like that! You don’t know her. I have moved on and it’s not with her! I’m done with you! Quit being a creep, what are you even doing here?” Matt said stepping close to Val feeling all the built up anger boiling inside of him.

“Should we get him?” Zacky asked.

“Nah man, they need to fix this on their own.” Brian said.

Matt was shaking from all the anger. He walked away from Val. “Matt please! You don’t get it. How it is when you’re gone! It’s fucking hell! Don’t do this please. I’m done with him. It’s over. I ended it today!” Val said.

Matt turned around quick, walking back to her. Val reached her hand up to his face. “You ended it today?” Matt said, face emotionless.

“Yeah, baby, I swear it’s over.” Val said.

“So, the past months I’ve been home, you were still seeing him? You bitch, get the fuck out of here! Get your hit out of my house! I don’t ever want to see your lying face near my house! We are done!” he yelled at her. Val’s face was terrified. Tears were falling down her face, sobs wracking through her body.

Matt walked away and got into the car, not even looking back. The car started and the guys drove away, leaving Val to watch them in a mess of her tears.

*

Mark woke up, looking around and remembered he was at Cassandra’s house. He looked down to see Cassandra’s face on his chest and arm around his waist. He smiled. Cassandra was beautiful. Her face looked so serene. Mark kissed her forehead and wrapped his arm around her, holding her tightly. He loved this feeling, waking up to his best friend sleeping next to him. He would never admit it to her though. He wasn’t one for falling in love. He tried it and it didn’t work out. He chose to be that guy in every girl’s life. The one that never stayed the night or gave love a shot and Cassandra knew all about it. She always gave him shit for it. She didn’t know that she was his world.

Mark felt Cassandra move and heard a little yawn. She looked at him with her sleepy eyes and smile, and he felt his heart skip a beat. “Good morning lovely.” He said smiling. She scrunched her face and laid back down. “Me tired. I don’t wanna move.”

Mark laughed and let her stay still. He sat there in comfortable silence, waiting for Cassandra to fully awaken.

Finally, she rolled over and stretched again, and got up. “I have to pee so bad!” she said while running to the bathroom.

Mark sat back, waiting for her to get out of the bathroom. “Hurrrrrrry up you slow poke, I waitd for you to get up so use the bathroom, now I gotta pee!” he yelled through the door. He heard the sink go on and got ready to run in. He got up and walked to the bathroom.

“Ugh, Mark! You’re so gross,” she said walking out scrunching her nose. He laughed, he was just that comfortable with her.

“I’m going to make breakfast! You want bacon, pancakes, eggs, over easy?” she asked walking out the room. “Nevermind! I already know the answer!” she yelled from the kitchen.

Mark walked to the kitchen and sat on the island watching Cassandra. “You need any help, doll?” he asked. “No bub, you’re gonna make a mess. I’m alright!” she said smiling at him.

He stuck his tongue out at her and just continued to watch. He loved the way her face expression was, so concentrated as she mixed the pancake mix together. He just watched as she walked so gracefully around the kitchen, like she knew exactly where she was making no mistakes when she looked for her utensils.

“What’re you looking at?” she asked glaring at him.

His daydreaming came to a sudden stop when he heard her voice. “Oh nothing, just admiring the view of my food being made.” He said smirking.

“Yeah, I know. I’m amazing huh?”

“Only when you make me yummy food!” he said grinning.

“Oh shut up and get your food before I add something special in it,” she smiled evilly at him.

Mark got up quickly and got his food. “Yuuuuuum, thanks babes. This makes my tummy happy.”

“You are very welcome!” she said sitting next to him. She started digging in and looked at the time. “What time do you have work?

“Uhm, I have an hour before I have to go.” He whined. “I’ll miss you when I’m gone.”

Cassandra just smiled and leaned her head on his shoulder. “I’ll be here waiting, I don’t have work today. I don’t know what I’ll be doing.” she said.

**

“Holy fuck, what happened to me last night?” Matt asked as he got up from Brian’s couch. He saw water and ibuprofen on the table next to him and thanked God. He drank the nectar of the god’s to the last drop. He felt a lot better and laid back down. Brian walked in looking perfectly fine.

“Hey man, how are you feeling? What do you remember from last night?” Brian said observing his face.

Matt tried to think of the events from last night. He drew blank. “Man, honestly, I don’t remember. I just remember getting there and drinking and falling asleep at the table.”

“Really? Nothing else? No Cassandra? No Val? Fuck man, you and Val got into it last night. She saw Cassandra and then Cassandra left, we headed out and Val came out to confront you and you told her to fuck off and get her things out the house. You don’t remember?” Brian asked.

Memories came flooding back, piece by piece. Matt held his head in his hands. “Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck.”

“Dude, it’s cool, you can talk to Val today and fix it.” Brian said.

“No fuck her, man. She made Cassandra feel like shit. She made her leave and said mean things about her. Val doesn’t even know her. She had been cheating on me even after we came back. I’m done with her.” Matt said feeling angry again.

“Wow, really? Dude I didn’t even know. What are you going to do?” Brian asked.

“I don’t even know. I don’t want to see her. Can you get Mich to get her shit out of the house?” Matt asked.

“Yeah, for sure man, we’ll all help out.” Brian said.

“I think I’m gonna visit Cassandra. I need to know she’s okay with all of this, I don’t want her to feel awkward or uncomfortable around us. I just gotta let her know.” Matt said getting up.

“Yeah, I’m all for that, but it’s still early in the morning, and you still need to sober up and get ready, you look like shit man.” Brian said laughing. Matt sat back down and laughed. He just nodded and rested a little longer.

Matt looked at his phone. He had 3 missed calls and 7 text messages, all from Val.
He deleted them all without reading them. He didn’t want to bother with her, it was a lost cause. Matt scrolled through his contact list and found Cassandra’s name. He decided to text her.

Hey, it’s Matt. I just want to know how you’re doing. Can I see you today?

Matt waited as time ticked by, he felt nervous. He didn’t know what happened, or what she was feeling, if she was mad or hurt, or wanted them to all stay away. His phone buzzed.

Hey Matt, don’t worry, I am fine. Uh, luckily I don’t have work today! What time should I meet you up and where?

Matt replied right away.

I’m glad. Uhm, I was actually thinking of just hanging out at your place, if that’s okay. If not, you can choose the place. But around 3 o’clock-ish?

Yeah, my house is fine. I’m glad actually, I feel so lazy today! Okay, whenever you’re ready just head over.

I’ll text you when I’m on the way!


Matt felt a lot better, she was okay and that was all that mattered. He got up from the couch and went to look for Brian. He found Brian talking to Michelle about the situation. Matt walked in.

“Hey Mich, what’s up?” he said trying to break the ice.

“Matty, I am so sorry for what my sister did to you. I swear I didn’t know anything until the day you guys got into the fight. I will help get her stuff out of the house. I’ll tell her to leave you alone. I know this is hard for you.” She said apologizing. Matt was happy, he still had his friends with him to make him feel better.

“Thank you Michelle. I really appreciate it, you have no idea. Hey Brian, can you give me ride home? I needa get ready.” He said.

Brian got his keys and headed toward the door. Matt hugged Michelle and walked out following Brian.

Matt finally got home and locked all the doors. He had to remember to change the locks.

Matt walked in the bathroom and took his clothes off, he turned the water on and let cascade down his body. The water temporarily washed his sorrows away, and for a moment he felt happy again.
♠ ♠ ♠
enjoy!