Sequel: Black Rose

Statues Without Eyes

Some Good News

Heading out to the track again by 5, I seen my 5 students who I've been coaching. Sure I couldn't race right now but I could help them with questions and things since they already knew how to race. I walked up to the group, including Kyle as they all watched me.
"Hey Sylar,"Kyle smiled then the other kids all gave me a slightl smile.
"I'm sure all you heard about Drake right?"I looked at them.
"Yeah if you still need time,"Keegan, of the boys asked,"No, I'm fine. Drake would want us to keep going."
"Are you sure, we can give you a break."
"Yes,"I looked at them,"There's a race in two week and we're going to honor his memory, ok?"
"Ok,"They all nodded.
"Good, now go out there and make him proud of this practice,"I smiled as they all left which I watched them.

Thinking to myself, I thought about Drake as I stood there, tears slowly slipped out of my eyes when I heard a voice behind me.
"He was a good guy."
Turning I seen Jake standing in the stands behind me.
"He was,"I wiped my eyes."
"Hey, it's ok,"Jake walked down towards me,"When's the last time you cried from him?"
"His funeral."
"No I meant really cried,"Jake looked at me.
"I can't,"I bit my lip,"I've got to be strong for everyone."
"Why?"Jake wrapped an arm around me.
"Because if I start now, I don't think I'll be able to stop."
"Come here,"Jake pulled me into his shoulder as I wept into his shirt,"And before you even say anything, the shirt's fine."
Smiling lightly as I cried, I wiped my eyes then looked up at him,"Thanks."
"So are you ok now?"
"A little,"I looked at them on the track,"I just miss him every now and then."
"Understandable,"He smiled,"They do too. He was like one of them."
"He was,"I smiled,"They came to him with problems, how are they going to do that with me?"
"Well Kyle, already does, just give them time, they will."
"Thanks,"I smiled at him lightly.
"No problem, want me to stay?"
"Would you?"
"Yeah,"He smiled as he stood there.

Smiling lightly, I watched them finish their practice which I smiled knowing that they learnt so much from Drake. By time night fell, everyone was headed home. I put my bike away which the thought of Drake hit me again when I seen our pictures and plaques on the wall. Letting the tears fall a bit, I locked up the trailer to head back to Ryan's house which I was exhausted mainly emotionally as I stepped into the door.

"Hey,"Ryan wrapped his arms around me,"Jake told me about the Drake thing."
"Yeah,"I smiled into his shoulder,"I just miss him."
"Wanna talk about it?"
"I'm so tired right now,"I looked at him.
"We can in bed,"He looked down at me.
"Just let me take a shower and I'll meet you there."

After taking my shower, I headed to the bed where Ryan was laying with his TV on lightly. I climbed into bed with him as his arms wrapped themselves around me. I settled into him which he was warm.
"It just sucks,"I sighed,"We've been through so much, seen so many things, watched friends of ours go down but never once did I think that this would happen."
"I wish I could say it gets better but I know you'd know I was lying."
"It does after a while,"I smiled lightly at him,"I mean I'll still miss him and cry about him a bit but it won't be as bad."
"Just don't push me out."
"I promise, I won't,"I smiled at him as I turned to face him in the bed with a smile,"You're the only thing that's constant in my life right now."
"I'm glad about that,"He smiled kissing me lightly.
"You should be,"I smiled as he kissed my forehead and I slowly drifted off to sleep.

In the morning, I woke up early since I had to head to the doctor with Ryan to get this brace thing off my foot then see if I really need it anymore. That and get physical therapy which I wasn't looking forward to since that was the longest part of recovery. As I sat on the doctor's table, he slowly took off the brace which my foot could finally breath again.
"I'll be back with the physical therapy information,"The doctor smiled as I looked at Ryan.
"You know for being iron deficant, you sure heal quickly."
"I know, it's weird,"I smirked at him,"But dude, I can walk again!"
"You're crazy,"He laughed.
"But you love my craziness,"I smirked as the doctor walked back in.
"Ok since it looks like you healed fairly well, I'm giving you two weeks of physical therapy since most of it you already know,"He handed me a piece of paper,"That's in case you have any severe pain. But if it gets worse, come back in, ok?"
"Ok,"I nodded,"Thanks doc, is there anything else?"
"Yes, that second sheet is to get a lace up brace to give you more support."
"And I can get on my bike-"
"Give it a week,"He smiled,"I'd say two weeks but since I know you, a week and if you feel like it, try it out but nothing too dangerous."
"I'll make sure she doesn't,"Ryan added as I rolled my eyes.

Walking out of the hospital, I pushed Ryan lightly as he just laughed.
"Making sure I'm not being crazy,"I rolled my eyes at him,"Some boyfriend."
"Hey, I don't want you hurt again,"He smiled.
"Whatever."
"At least you're going back in the field today."
"And that's supposed to make me feel better?"
"I guess,"He shrugged,"Now it just means things in bed won't be so awkward."
"God,"I rolled my eyes getting into his car,"Is there anything guys don't constantly think about?"
Ryan just laughed as I buckled my seat belt.
"I'm so glad, I'm starting out with Calleigh,"I looked out the window,"Don't have to deal with you now."
"Hey, that's mean,"He pouted at me.
"You asked for it,"I smirked.