Sequel: Black Rose

Statues Without Eyes

Life's A Lot to Think About Sometimes

"H, I know she hasn't been the best person but still."
"I'll look for her,"He nodded,"Don't worry."
"Thanks,"I smiled lightly then walking off to get back to work.

I got out of work early to head to the track where my boys were yet again. I smiled as I walked up to them and they headed me their consent sheets so we could to to Atlanta in a week for a competition. As for my mom, no word yet, just no one can find here which could be a good thing or a bad one.
"Here Sy,"Kyle handed me a piece of paper,"Dad just wants to talk to you about this later."
"I figured he would,"I smiled at him.
"Hey sorry to hear about your mom, did they find her?"
"No,"I looked at him,"Hopefully she got out of this country before anything bad happen."
"Yeah,"Kyle looked at me,"Start on warm ups?"
"Yup,"I smiled at him as they started their bikes and I started mine.

I know it probably wasn't the most smart thing to do but it's in my blood to race and pull off tricks. I just had to be careful now which meant watching what I was doing. This competition that was in a week, I was planning on doing some demo stuff even though I found out my news, I just couldn't tell Ryan, at least I don't think I should, I mean he'd give me hell anyways. That and he wasn't coming with us on the trip in which we were taking an RV with a trailer for our bikes. Jake was just coming along with us to be a second driver and what not. We were leaving on, well since today was Thursday, next Thursday night in order to get to Atlanta early.
Plugging the ear buds into my ears, I took to the track, pulling trick after trick, I found that it gave me some sort of release from everything, that and it was perfect conditions for riding since you didn't have to worry about wind catching you on landings or anything. Finally after 4 hours of practice, I brought them in before I sent them home then headed back to the house.
"Ok, guys, so Thursday meet here at 10 ok?"I looked at them as they nodded,"I'll remind you all again on Wednesday since we won't be practicing on Thursday since that's your rest day. And I don't want to see it spent stupidly."
"Stupidly?"Keegan questioned.
"Meaning if I catch you do anything illegal or hear about it then you're done."
"Dude and think about it,"Tyler looked at him,"It won't slide past her."
"Smart boy,"I smirked,"Alright so I'll see you all here tomorrow, same time."
"Night Sy,"They all waved after packing up their bikes and heading back to where came from, well lived at least. Since today I decided to take Jake's Harley to the track, I pulled back into the driveway of Ryan's house then got off the bike.
Walking through the door, I seen him in the kitchen as I sat the helmet down.

"Oh hey Sylar,"Ryan smiled towards me as I walked over to him.
"What are you doing?"I questioned.
"Making dinner,"He smiled,"You deserve a break."
"So that what it takes?"I smirked at him,"I get pregant and you'll make dinner."
"Hey."
"I'm joking,"I nudged him lightly,"I'm taking a shower."
"Ok,"He smiled as I walked towards the shower.
The warm water felt good against my skin as I soaked it in. Finally getting out of my warm shower, I pulled on a pair of jeans and a shirt then put my stuff back into the bag that I had to clean soon since they were covered in dirt.
I walked back out to the dining room to see that Ryan had finished dinner as he sat the table. It was sweet but still almost off, I guess that boy did have an extremely romantic side to him.
Pulling out my chair for me, I sat down across from him as he smiled.

"So this is nice,"I smiled at him,"Thank you."
"Don't mention it,"He smiled back at him,"It's the least I could do."
"So is it wrong to admit that I'm scared?"
"Of what?"He asked looking up at me.
"Being a mom,"I shrugged,"I mean I'm not exactly what parents want their kids to look up to since I'm well extreme."
"Sy,"Ryan came over to me to wrap his arms around me,"I'm scared too but we'll get through it."
"Promise?"
"I promise,"He smiled lightly.
"I just don't want to end up like my mom."
"You won't,"He smiled at me,"You're already a million times different than her."
"Thanks,"I smiled at him as we finished dinner.

The rest of the week was pretty much easy going. That is until Thursday, it wasn't my day off since I was stuck in the lab working. The only people who knew about me and Ryan were well us and then Natalia, we hadn't told anyone else yet which we'd have to do eventually, it's just hard to walk up to your dad and tell him. Anyways, I was busy running evidence for Calleigh when I got a text that Horatio wanted to talk to me. As I found him in the hallway he was looking down at him sunglasses.

"What's up?"I asked stopping next to him.
"I know that you're leaving for the competition tonight."
"Yeah, I'm on pins and needles about it,"I smiled at him.
"Watch out for Kyle, ok?"
"Of course dad,"I smiled at him,"Don't worry about it, I'll make sure he's ok."
"Be careful out there."
"We will,"I smiled at him which he smiled back.
"Good luck."
"Thank you,"I smiled,"We'll update you when we get there and everything."
"I'll be waiting."
"That all?"
"Yes,"He looked at me,"Kyle's on his way here to go with you to the track."
"Ok."

Soon after since I was busy, Ryan was nervous and Kyle was already at the lab just waiting around for me to get off work. Ryan decided to go talk to Kyle.
"Hey Kyle."
"Hey Ryan,"Kyle nodded.
"Can you do me a huge favor this weekend?"Ryan asked looking at him.
"What?"
"Keep an eye on Sylar, make sure she's safe."
"Yeah of course,"He smiled,"Don't worry, I'll make sure she's not in trouble or anything."
"Thank you,"He smiled.
"Don't mention it."

That's when Eric decided to walk over to me in the lab to pretty much tell me to be safe too. I swear some people treated me like i was glass but I guess they did have their reasons too. That and then he had to tell Kyle that too. How do I know? Kyle told me that everyone was making sure he'd keep an eye out for me too.
"I guess we got each other's backs huh?"I smirked at him.
"Of course,"He smiled.
"Well, hey I'm going to go pack, you coming with or staying with Ryan til we leave?"
"I'll go with you,"Kyle shrugged,"Makes me less nerveous when I'm not around them."
"Ok,"I smiled at him.