Sequel: Black Rose

Statues Without Eyes

Shock Me

5 pm came too soon. I was feeding Tyler as Ryan had been on the phone with someone as my phone rang. Not knowing the number but knowing it at the same time, I answered it as I held onto Tyler.

"Hello?"
"I'm calling like you said at 5," I heard Jesse laugh as I smirked into the phone.
"You were always the one who kept to what they were told."
"Of course."
"Um, let me just get Tyler situated for Ryan and I'll meet you."
"Where?"
"Um, there's a park not far from the house," I mentioned as I told him the directions to get to the park.
"Alright, I'll see you soon."

Soon after, I had Tyler in pajamas for Ryan as he finally finished his phone call as he walked into the nursery with me.

"Stressful?" I asked as I watched him run a hand through his hair with a sigh.
"You could say that," He smiled as he watched me put Tyler in his crib.
"Who was it?"
"I'll tell you later," Ryan nodded as I checked my make up in the mirror, "Where are you going?"
"To talk to Jesse," I looked at my reflection once more before looking at Ryan, "Don't worry, nothing will happen. I'm just going to talk to him, make the whole awkwardness stop maybe."
"I trust you, it's just-" Ryan started as I wrapped my arms around the middle of him.
"Don't be jealous, I'll be back," I looked up at him with a smile, "And then we can do whatever."
"Promise?"
"Of course," I smiled at him as he leant down to kiss him which I kissed back.

Soon into the kiss, Ryan's tongue found it's way into my mouth which we wrestled for dominance until I broke away with a smirk.

"Did I say you could use tonuge?" I looked up at him as he laughed, "I'll be back, promise."
"I love you Sylar," Ryan smiled as I walked towards the door.
"I love you too," I smiled as I blew him a kiss then headed out the door.

Getting to the park, I seen Jesse standing there with sunglasses, dressed in what he was wearing earlier that day still. I parked my car, then got out to walk up to him which he was taking in the scenary as he didn't notice me.

"Lost?" I smirked as he turned around to look at me with a smirk.
"I almost thought you weren't going to come," Jesse laughed as the wind blew a piece of hair out of my face.
"I told you I'd be here," I smiled as I looked at his frame in the fading sunlight.
"So?"
"Let's go sit on the swings," I nodded as he followed me to the empty swings in which I took a seat on one followed by him.

"How have things been?" I asked breaking the silence between the two of us.
"Good," He sighed with a nod and smile, "I'm glad to be back in Miami."
"I guess we'll be working together again," I smiled as he chuckled.
"You're still beautiful Sylar," Jesse smiled as he looked at me which for some reason made my heart start to flutter.
"Thank you," I looked out into the distance then back at him, "But I'm engaged to Ryan now, things have changed."
"I know," He nodded, "I'm jealous of him."
"Why?"
"If I hadn't had been so stupid, that'd be me in his position."
"Jesse," I sighed looking at him, "We were frenemies, things were bound to go badly. Granted you did cheat on me after asking me to marry you."
"Are you still pissed about it?"
"I'm hurt about it still," I looked at him as I got serious, "It's why I was the way I was with Ryan in the beginning. You really hurt me."
"I'm sorry."
"Sorry doesn't make up for it."
"I know and every time I say it, it just feels like I'm saying it. The truth is, it was the biggest mistake I ever made. Watching you throw that ring back at me, storming out the door, seeing all your things move out, it broke me."
"They always say you don't know what you got til it's gone."
"And it's true," He sighed, "I was ignorant to what I had. I treated you badly, I should've never done that to you."
"It's the past," I shrugged, "There's not much that can be done. I mean there's no time machine to go back and fix everything."
"But if there was, I would," Jesse looked at me, "I've really missed you."
"Jesse," I slumped in the swing, "Don't."
"Since I'm being honest, you're the main reason I came back to Miami. I heard you had been here for a while and I thought that maybe I could try my luck again."
"As friends, nothing more," I looked at him as I slowly got up followed by him.
"I always wondered what that last kiss would be like with you."
"It can't happen," I looked at him, "I wouldn't do that to Ryan."
"He wouldn't have to know," Jesse moved closer to me as he touched my hand and my pulse raced.
"I couldn't keep it from him," I watched as Jesse's eyes burnt a hole into my soul.
"Think of it as a kiss for luck," He leant in and before I could stop him, his lips pressed against mine in which I didn't kiss back at first but I found myself kissing him back.

Pushing him away from me, I ran a hand through my hair as he slowly touched his lips.

"I've got to go," I rushed past him as I left him standing alone on the gravel to head home.

Once I got home, I rushed through the door to find Ryan watching something on TV in which I kissed him passionately which shocked him at first.

"Whoa, what's up with that?" Ryan asked as I sat on his lap.
"I missed you and I love you to death," I held onto him tightly as his arms wrapped around me.
"I love you too," His hands slowly ran up and down my thighs, "I put Tyler to bed."
I nodded as I was silent for a second, "I've got to tell you something."
"I do too," Ryan sighed as I looked at him wanting to hear what he had to say first, "The phone call that I got earlier, it was my parents."
"Your parents?" I questioned, "But I thought you were disowned-"
"I was," Ryan sighed as he looked at me, "They want to meet you and Tyler."