Status: I swear I am going to update this!

I'm Lying Just to Keep You Here

Why Do I Put Myself In These Situations?

“So, um, yeah, food? You guys hungry?” Alex asked awkwardly. I could see John glaring at the back of Alex’s head.

“Um, yeah. I am, actually. Al, we’ll meet you in the car. I need to talk to John for a second.” I told Alex. My eyes never left John’s face. The look of shock was no longer present. Now anger was the only emotion shown on his face.

“Fine.” He mumbled, clearly not happy. He took one last look at John before rolling his eyes and leaving us alone.

“Listen, I didn’t know he was coming when he did and when I told him that you were coming he wanted to stay. I couldn’t tell him no.” I explained once Alex left.

“Do you want me to leave? I mean, I don’t want to interrupt anything.” John said a bit harshly.

“John, stop it. You have no right to be that mad at me. We’re not dating, so I don’t have to explain anything to you. And for your information, me and Alex have done nothing romantic or sexual. He’s just a friend.” I spat back at him.

“Whatever. Does William know we’re both here?” He questioned.

“Uh, y-yeah.” I quickly averted my eyes from his.

“So, he doesn’t know.” John smirked.

“No! He does!” I defended a little to quickly.

“You’re a terrible liar.” He chuckled.

“Ugh, fine! He doesn’t, but he would just overreact if he found out.” I confessed.

“Are you and William still together?”

“Yes. No. Sort of. I don’t know anymore. I really don’t want to talk about it and if we want to avoid a pissy Alex we should get to the car now.” I pushed past John and went out the door to the car.

“Took you guys long enough.” Alex muttered and rolled his eyes. I just sent him a glare and got into the passenger seat. There was no way I was driving right now.

We decided to eat at an Olive Garden considering everyone was in the mood for Italian food. The hostess led us to a small booth. I climbed in and John quickly sat down beside me. Alex sat on the other side and moved all the way in so he was right across from me.

“Jeeze John, I’ve never seen you move so fast before.” Alex muttered.

“Well I miss my Bella here. I wanted to make sure I got to sit next to her, seeing as you’ve been here all week.” John forced a smile, but he couldn’t hide the hint of venom in his voice.

“I don’t believe she’s your Bella.” Alex said barely audible, but John still heard.

“She’s not yours either.” He growled.

“Guys! Seriously. Stop. Otherwise you both can leave.” I scolded. They both apologized and the waiter came to take our order.

A spilt drink and a knocked over plate of spaghetti later, we were being escorted out of the Olive Garden. Alex ‘accidentally’ knocked over his entire soda all over John’s lap and John ‘accidentally’ flipped his plate of spaghetti all over Alex. To make matters worse, William kept calling my cell phone. I hadn’t spoken to him since that night with Alex in the room and I wasn’t about to when I had dumb and dumber with me.

“Bella! Just pick up you’re phone it’s so annoying.” Alex whined on our walk back to the car.

“No.”

“Why not? Who is it?” John inquired. He tried to grab the cell phone, but I quickly pulled it out of his reach. By doing that, my arm ended up in front of Alex and he quickly snatched the cell phone out of my hand.

“Ohhhh, it’s dear William.” Alex smirked. “Should I answer it?”

“Alex! Don’t you dare!” I yelled, trying to get my phone back.

“Do it Alex! Do it, you won’t!” John laughed at my pathetic attempt to get my phone back.

“Alex, I’ll never fucking talk to you again! Give me my phone back!” I screamed. All he did was smiled and toss the phone carefully to John. John hit a button and started talking.

“William! My man! What’s up?” He said enthusiastically. He paused, listening to what William was saying. “Nah man, it’s John! I’m visiting Belles here.” He paused again. “Yeah, Alex is here too! It’s like a Warped reunion!” John let out a loud laugh. I could feel the blood rush from my face. I felt like I was about to cry and faint. “Hold on a sec, I’ll give you to Bella.” John held out the phone, which a slowly took. I put the phone up to my ear and choked out a ‘hello’.

“Hello?” I said clearer this time when I got no answer. I glanced down at my phone and saw the home screen. I sudden realization hit me. John hit ignore not answer.

“Did you think that was funny!?” I yelled, glaring daggers at both Alex and John. The smirks on their faces fell and fear was now present on their expressions.

“Uh, it was just a j-joke Bella. Ha Ha.” John stumbled over his words.

“Yeah, joke. We wouldn’t do something like that.” Alex nudged me playfully, but I slapped his hand back.

“You can walk back.” I sneered and got into my car. I quickly locked the doors so they couldn’t get in. I revved the engine to get them to back up. I flipped them both the finger and sped off. Driving when I’m angry is a dangerous thing. I tend to not pay attention and speed, but I safely made it back to my apartment. I turned off my cell phone and collapsed onto my bed.

Why do I put myself in these situations?
♠ ♠ ♠
Alex and John are poo poo heads. Which on is dumb and which one is dumber? ANYWHO. New people commented and a new chapter came out. I already have the next one written, but I want feedback on this on first. William will be in the next one, just a preview. Also, there is a small hint on where I might be taking this story.

ANOTHER J Barakat one shot (he will be back into this story though just not now so to hold you over) I'll See Your Name In Lights

Comment. Subscribe.