When Your Own Have Died, When There's No More Pride, When Your Soul Is Frozen, Is That Enough?

Death of Daughter

"Yes, she was." I cocked my head in confusion.

"Was?" The look on his face broke my heart as his bloodshot eyes watered once more. I gently lifted his face, cradling his cheeks. "Lucian...you can tell me." He took a deep breath, taking my wrists in his hands and rested his head in the crook of my neck. The wet tears drenched me, but I said nothing.

"She was the only one who ever showed me kindness in that damned place. The only vampire who would look at me without disgust." I tensed at that word, but didn't push him away, even though the wolf inside told me to rip his throat out for ever being with a vampire. "She was his daughter."

"Who's?"

"Viktor. The father of the vampire clan. The bastard that swore I was like a son to him, yet still treated me as a slave." I leaned my head against his now, listening to his ragged breathing. "She was his daughter and he killed her." My heart stopped. "Right in front of me." His silent tears fell, each one making my heart break even more. And all I could manage to do was rub his back comfortingly and vow a vengeance on the vampire bastard.
♠ ♠ ♠
SUPER SHORT, I AM SORRY, AND YES I AM STILL ALIVE!!!!