Rose of the Devil's Garden

Dreading School

_______Buzz. My eyes snapped open to the blinding light out side my window. I rolled out of bed and pushed the snooze button on my alarm clock. I glanced over at the clock that sat on the stand by my bed. UH! I moaned and flopped back on to my bed. I didn’t want to wake up at five AM ever again. I sat up an rubbed my eyes as I dragged my feet over to my dresser. I grabbed my necessary essentials and headed to the bathroom to take my shower of the day. I found the nicest thing I owned so that I didn’t look like a complete fool on my first day.
_______Once out of the bathroom and fully dressed I was finally awake and getting my breakfast. I sat at the island in the kitchen and chewed down my food. I really wasn’t looking forward to school to day. I just wanted to get one more hour of sleep. My dad walked into the kitchen and headed straight for the coffee. Honestly I don’t see how anyone can drink that stuff. He looked over at me and smiled. Okay dad what do you want?
_______“Hey how did you sleep last night? Better?” he asked as he sat down across from me.
_______“Yea it was okay. I’m still having nightmares though. But ill get over them sooner or later,” I said taking a bite. Hopefully it will be sooner.
_______“That’s good. So are you exited for school.”
_______I groaned at the thought, “Yeah I guess.”
_______“Listing kiddo,” I hated it when he called me that, “you’ll be fine. I know its going to be wired and all ’cause you the new kid but you’ll come to like it here. After all this is the town you were born in.” he said smiling.
_______I tried to smile at the last thing he said, but I don’t think it came out like I wanted it to. I got up and put my bowl in the sink and rinsed it off. Looked up at the clock and saw that it was already six-thirty. I wanted to get to school early so that I can get my schedule and roam a bit. I grabbed my backpack that sat at the door and ran out the door to my car.
_______“Rave are you sure you don’t want me to drive you to school. It is your first day and all,” My mom yelled out the front door.
_______“Nah, I’m okay. Ill find my way. Thanks!” I yelled getting in to my 68 Camaro. This car was my baby. Although I just got it a week ago I fell in love with it once I saw it sitting there. The owner hasn’t driven it in two years and he said that there is some rust on it I simply said ‘I don’t care I’ll take it.’ I’ll need to do a new paint job on it and fix it up a bit but it runs beautifully.
_______Once I finally found my way to the high school I found the closest parking spot to the office. And of coarse there is no one here yet cause its only six-forty-eight. I climbed out of my car and walked into the office. There was a nice lady at the counter sitting there. She had burnet hair and a smile on her face. Personally she was gorgeous to me. I walked up to the counter and she looked up at me.
_______“Hi dear, what may I help you with,” she asked with a very soft tone to her voice.
_______“Well I’m new and need my schedule,” I said rocking back and forth on my heals.
_______“Name please?” she asked turning to her computer.
_______“Raven Autumn Briggs.”
_______“Oh! Your Ashley Bight’s daughter! I should have guessed you look just like your mother.” she said with much excitement. I put on a half smile and nodded my head.
_______She typed what ever she needed into her computer and I heard the printer going.
_______“I went to school with your mother and father,” she started, “I’m glad your coming here too. You’ll have so much fun. I love this school,” she said as she turned and grabbed my schedule from the printer, “you’ll like it here.”
_______“Thanks,” I said and I walked as fast as I could out of the office with out it looking as I was running.
_______“Tell your parents Julie Keller says hi!” she practically yelled as I shut the door.
_______Gosh my first day and I’m already scared. I walked to the main building and almost died on the way there. The school was huge on the inside. It was one story and stretched as far as I could see. I looked down at my schedule and headed in the direction I thought it was. I scanned the hall for History rm. 307. Just as I found it the history room door flung open and smacked me in the face. I fell back on to the ground with a loud thud and my bag flew down the hall. Thank you god that there was no one in the school yet.
_______The person that hit me with the door looked down at me and gasped. He bent over grabbed my hand. I looked at his face and all I could see was horror. He walked over and grabbed my bag and my paper for me. I could see his eyes that held so much sorry in them.
_______“Oh my god are you okay?” he asked as he handed me my stuff.
_______“Yeah I’m okay,” I lied.
_______“Are you sure? I mean I can take you to the nurse. I’m so sorry I didn’t see you there when I went to open the-”
_______I cut his rambling off, “Its okay I promise.”
_______“Are you really sure cause I can-”
_______“I’m sure,” I said and put my bag on my shoulder.
_______“Oh are you new?” he asked embarrassed like. I could see the red in his cheeks rise.
_______“Yeah I’m new. Hi,” I said with a half smile. My face still hurt form the door.
_______“Hi, I’m Jake Smith,” he said and extended his hand for me to shake.
_______“Raven Briggs,” I said taking his hand in mine politely. His hands were very cold and soft in my warm hands. I almost didn’t want to let go.
_______“Nice to meet you. Do you need help with anything?”
_______“Well after this class I’ll need to find,” I posed of a moment to look at my schedule, “Mr. Skipper. Algebra II.”
_______“Oh I have him next, and I also have this one now,” he said with a big smile on his face. I think I just made a new friend.
_______The bell rung once the awkward silence started. Thank you again god. I put a smile on my face and walked into the classroom. I walked in and handed my teacher the paper. He showed we where to sit just as everyone started to pile into the classroom. Today is going to be a long day I thought as I looked out the window. Out of the corner of my eye I saw Jake wave at me as he walked in. There were some girls with him that sat down at the front of the room.
_______Just as the tardy bell rung a boy walked into the room and swiftly walked to the back of the room. He sat in the same row as me but on the other end. I took a quick glance at him and his eyes immediately landed on me. I without delay I looked forward. His face was just like stone. It held no expression but he was gorgeous. His features we astonishing. His eyes were a golden hazel and his skin was very soft looking and pale. He was almost an off white. He looked very gentle and kind. His hair fell lightly into his face and it was a deep brown; almost a black. He sat there and looked like a stone god. He was wearing a white button up shirt with something written on it. His coat was black with silver fur on the inside.
_______I tried to look forward the whole class but I couldn’t stop looking to my left to catch a glimpse of him. Once the bell rung he was the first one out the door. He walked with such grace that you would think that he thought of himself as a god. I watched him walk down the hall and meet up with his friends. They were all dressed very nice and they all walked with such grace. There were three girls and three boys. He was the tallest out of the six of them. Jake walked up behind me and looked down the hall to see what I was staring at.
_______“Oh that’s Jason King,” he said with a huff, “The others are his cousins. He’s an only child. But they all do look very much like him. No one here likes the King’s to much. They’re all a bunch of weirdoes.”
_______“Oh, well lets get to Algebra II now. I don’t want to be late,” I said fallowing him down the hall.
_______The rest of the day wasn’t to bad until lunch rolled around. I walked into he cafeteria and everyone was staring at me. Well that’s what it felt like. I walked with Jake over to his table that he sat at and he introduced me to his friends. I felt like I was going to fit in well here until one of them looked at me with disgust. Her name was Jaycee. Her two friends, and I’m assuming her boyfriend, laughed at me when she whispered something to them. I just sat down and paid no attention. I looked around to see if Jason was here but I didn’t see him or his cousins. I just looked back at Lacy and listened to what happened in history today.
_______Once lunch was over I walked with Jake and Lacey to English. I saw that James was in there and my heart fluttered fast. For some reason I really wanted to talk to him. I walked to the teacher and he pointed where I should sit. Jason was all the way on the other side of the room. That didn’t bother me any cause then I could look at him.
_______After school I walked to my car and fumbled in my bag for my keys. I saw Jason and his friends fooling around at his car. I couldn’t take my eyes off him. He glanced my way and I looked down fast and got in to my car. My heart started to beat so very fast that I thought that I was going to throw up at any moment. I started my car and I drove as fast as I could to my house.
_______What was I going to do? I just can’t look at him in every class that he’s in with me. Then I’ll never get a chance to meet him cause he’ll be scared of me. Once I pulled into my drive way I climbed out of my car and ran into my house determined not to start a conversation with my parents about today. I just wanted to get to my room as fast as I could. I sped up the stairs and once I got to my door my mom stopped me.
_______“How was your day Raven?” she asked with a smile plastered to her face. My mom was a stay at home mom. She got in a car accident two years ago and she hasn’t been able to work since.
_______“Yeah mom. I made new friends. It was an okay day.”
_______“That’s good. Do you have homework?”
_______“Yeah just going to get that done and I’ll be down to get the table ready. Oh,” I said as she just turned to go downstairs, “Julie Keller says hi. She’s works in the office.”
_______“Tell her hi for me tomorrow,” she said with a smile.
_______“Okay,” I said as I closed my door to my room. I flopped down on my bed and closed my eyes. I think I’m going to take a nap before homework. I sighed and fell into a nightmare again.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for reading!
I hope you guys like it!
Comment!!
Should I keep writing or no?
-gee