Callicas Boarding School For Otherworld Youth

Chapter 18- Laney

Time seemed to fly by over the next few days. All my classes were going well and oddly every time I saw Ronan he would wave or say hi to me. It was now Tuesday, October 14th and I had just left my last class of the day. Walking down the hall to my dorm room, I entered the living room to find Mina, Laney, and Danica sitting on the couches talking to a gorgeous woman with long curly black hair that cascaded down her back with electric blue eyes and prominent features.

Laney jumped off the couch and walked up to me, grabbed my hand, and pulled me over to the couch. “Ellie, I’d like you to meet my mom. Mom, This is Ellie Grayson. Ellie, this is my mom Malaya Tabers,” she told me and sat down next to her mom.

Seeing my expression of confusion, Mina explained. “Tomorrows Laney’s birthday.”

“Oh,” was all I could say.

“It’s no biggie,” Laney said. “I just go all comatose for a few days then I’ll be spanking gorgeous,” she said with a smile, but it didn’t reach her eyes like she wanted it to be.

For the next few hours, we all stayed up talking, playing games, and watching movies. About 10 minutes before 6:30am there was a knock on the door. Laney’s mom got up and answered it.

“Hello madam, I am Dr. Ford. I will assisting in your daughters change,” came a mans voice from the doorway. Then he walked in with a nurse and some machines.

“Is it that time already?” Laney asked in a whisper.

After a group hug between me, her, Mina, and Danica, we watched as the doctor led her to her room and set her up to the machines and put a IV in her arm. “Okay, I think we’re all set. All we do now is wait for it to start,” the doctor said and checked his watch.

Mimicking him, I checked the time on my cell. It was 6:29am. (According to Laney’s mom, Laney was born at 6:30 in the morning, so that’s the time her change would begin)

Laney had her eyes closed, too weak to keep them open. And I just looked at her, memorizing her features in case she didn’t make it out of this alive. I didn’t want to forget her. Wiping a stray tear from my face, I just stood and waited.

Then all of the sudden it felt like a wave of air slammed past us and Laney’s eyes shot opened and she let out a blood curling scream. She started moving around on the bed, and probably would have fell off or hit something if it wasn’t for the restraints.

Squeezing her eyes closed she kept screaming. Suddenly she stopped jerking around on the bed, and her eyes opened. They were glowing red and starring at the ceiling with a blank expression.

“Oh my god,” I heard Danica whisper.

Then Laney let out a grunt of sound, shuddered, the she went limp and her eyes closed. The only sign of life from her was the rise and fall of her chest from breathing.

“And now we wait,” the doctor said, and sat in a chair that had been brought into the room earlier.

“Its best if you girls go on to sleep. This will take a day or two. I’ll keep you girls posted with any updates on her, okay?” her mom told us. After agreeing, we all parted and I went to my room and changed into my pajamas and got in bed and made a attempt at sleep for the night.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it took so long to update...kinda got caught up in work and senior year stuff. But finally, heres another chapter. Hope ya like it! Thanks to all who comment and subscribe!