Hotel Bella Muerte

Up High

Ever feel so sure you were going to throw up, but as you convulse and belch nothing comes out of your mouth. That's what Myra is going through as she sits on the bathroom floor by the toilette, praying to God, Jesus, Buddha, Satan, anyone that she could just upchuck. Her skin is covered in a layer of sweat that flows between the goosebumps to the tip of her shaking fingers. She prayed that Jeff would come find her with a supply of pills.

In the next room Gerard wasn't much better off. He shit his pants while going through a convulsing vomiting fit. He lay on the floor, weak. He knew he had no hope of getting up. Mikey wasn't at the house, and whichever of his friends was guarding him, avoided the basement at all costs in fear of the smell.

Myra literally drags her limp, sweaty body out of the washroom just as Gerard gets a sudden burst of energy triggered by a faded memory. He pulls a poster by the pins off of his wall revealing a hole in the wall.
"What are you doing?" Myra asks craning her neck to see inside the hole, "Are those condoms?"
"Uhh yeah." he mumbles as he digs through the items in the hole, he finally retrieves a small, clear plastic bag with white powder at the bottom, "Ha!"

He falls back onto his bed, rolls over so he reaches the night stand beside his bed. He carefully pours out the contents onto a small hard cover book then with a razor blade, also from the hole in the wall, he split the powder into two lines. Breathing heavily as he over looked the lines he turns to Myra.
"Ever snort this before?" she nods as she crawls over to the table in desperation.
"Yessss." he says breathing extremely heavily. He takes the pen that was lying next to the book and removes the back end, the ink pipe and the pointed tip so all that was left was the hollowed out plastic tube. He sticks it to his left nostril and shuts his right before sniffing up the entire line. He falls back onto his bed, tilting his head back slightly as he waits for it to take effect. Myra grabs the pen shaft from Gerard's limp hand and sniffs the remaining line.

Gerard rolls over sligtly.
"Lie with me." he says and she does. In silence, they wait for the cocaine to take their toll on them, "After this high I'm going to kill myself." Myra doesn't react.
"I wish I could just overdose." she mumbles in return as she rolls over to face him, "I've had the scenario play in my mind a million times since I was seventeen."
"Death is becoming very pretty." Gerard adds in. Myra shuts her eyes for a brief second.
"I'd just take and take until I was numb, I'd fall back, no more pain." she opens her eyes again to see Gerard staring at her intently.
"I've had the same scenario play in my mind." he says in a hushed voice, "I know how low I'm going to feel once this wears off."
"Is life worth living anymore?" Myra asks, "Honestly, the world is a horrible place."
"My real question is not why keep living, its why bring more life to the world."
"I've tried to ask my sister that." Myra sighs, "I have a nephew. I feel sorry for him, the world's only going to get worse."

Gerard feels the cocaine finally taking effect, and he grins.
"Mmmm." Myra moans as she squirms a bit in delight. Gerard gets up and leaps off the foot of his bed onto the sofa and laughs childishly. Myra clambers to her knees and kills her curosity and looks into the hole in the wall.
"Condoms, nudey mag, I mean, old nudey mag," she laughs as Gerard digs through one of the boxes that was once stacked against the wall, "Comic books?"
"Hey, those are limited edition." he says in a warning tone, "Where did I put it?" he grumbles as he pushes the box aside and digs through the next one.
"What's with this stuff?" Myra chuckles.
"I've had that hiding place since I was like thirteen."
"You had use for condoms when you were thirteen?"
"No, but I wanted to." he grins as he pulls out a pallat of stage makeup. He applies heavy red makeup to his eyelids as Myra starts to jump on the bed as hyperactivity takes over her system.

"I want to go out dancing." she says happily, "Do you like to dance Gerard?"
"Yeah." he says applying black makeup to his lips, "Plah! This stuff tastes like shit."
"Lemme get changed and we'll go." she says jumping off the bed. She goes over to the sofa where Gerard is sitting and grabs her skirt from under it. She wiggles out of Gerard's pants that she'd been wearing and slips the skirt on. She ties up the front of the black t-shirt so it shows off her naval, "Ready?"
"Huh?" Gerard asks as he rubs off the makeup from his lips.
"To go dancing." she says excitedly putting her hands over his knees, "C'mon, we'll have fun." she says kissing his cheek playfully.
"I think I should change though." he says looking at his plaid pajama pants. He undresses and puts on the pants Myra was wearing before, "How's my hair?" he asks running his hand through his long jet black hair.
"Greasy," she says hyperactivly, "But it doesn't matter, so's mine."
"Okay, let's go." Gerard says excitedly as Myra takes his hand and they run up the stairs into the kitchen.

"Hey, no one's here." Myra giggles as they reach the empty kitchen. Gerard giggles too as they head for the front door. They don't get farther than the living room when Frank hears them and wakes up from his sleeping state on the sofa.
"What are you doing?" he demands.
"We're going dancing!" Myra exclaims as she twirls on spot, "Wanna come?"
"Are you kidding." he asks cocking an eyebrow, "Get back downstairs."
"You're such a party pooper." Gerard says, "We just wanna have some fun."
"You're fucking high." Frank accuses, "Where'd you get the coke?"
"I like pepsi better." Myra says carelessly, "No wait, coke. Yeah, but I haven't drank coke in like-"
"Listen, just give me the rest of it."
"Sorry, no can do, we finished off." Gerard says shrugging, "We'll see you later." They head for the door but Frank charges at them and leaps onto Gerard's back, "Ahh! Let go!"
"DON! LEA!" Frank yells at the top of his lungs. Myra freaks and runs outside.

Frank gets tossed off Gerard's back but he lunges at his band mate once again, this time kicking him right in the family jewels causing him to fall to the floor in agony. He twists Gerard's arm behind his back and holds him to the floor just as Don and Lea run down the stairs.
"The girl ran away." Frank informs and Don sprints after her. Frank turns to Lea, "Get me some rope, or duct tape, something to restrain him!" Lea runs into the kitchen with some meat rope. Working quick a carefully they bind his wrists and ankles then prop him up against the wall.

Meanwhile, Don charges down the street after Myra and catches up with her when she starts to get winded. He tackles her down onto the neighbor's lawn then slings her over his shoulder.
"We just wanted to go dancing!" she screeches at the top of her lungs, "Put me down!" He goes his fastest to get back to his house before any of the neighbors wake up.

He gets into the house and Lea immediatly closes the door behind him as Frank binds her wrists and ankles just like he did Gerard.
"I don't know how, but they got their hands on some coke." Frank informs them.
"Alright." Lea says nodding, "I'm going to call Mikey." Frank sits on the couch exhausted from all the excitement, and slightly disappointed because he was sleeping so well.

"Oh, Daddy." Gerard says trying to maneuver his legs from out of the binding rope, "Can I have a beer?"
"Not on your life."
"Awe, you suck."
"Maybe we should bind their knees too." Frank says lifing a finger, "I mean, they can kinda wiggle out of the ankle ropes." Don grabs the rope off the floor and ties Gerards knees, then Myra's.
"Maybe we should go dancing tomorrow instead." Myra sighs.

Its not long before the doorbell rings and Mikey is at the door. Lea informs him quietly of the situation. She nods to Don then turns to Frank, "Why don't we all go get some air?" The three of them leave.
"Whoosh, thank god they're gone now." Mikey says sitting in front of Gerard and Myra, "You got any coke left, I'd kill for some."
"All out." Gerard says with a sigh.
"But where'd you get it?"
"He got it from the wall." Myra says cocking an eyebrow, "with condoms he's had since he was thirteen."
"Just because the hole is from when I was thirteen doesn't mean the condoms are that old." Gerard says rolling his eyes.
"A hole?" Mikey asks confused.
"Yeah, there was a hole in the wall." Myra mumbles.
"In your room."
"Uh yeah." Gerard says, "But don't bother looking, there's no more, if you said you wanted some we would've cut you a line."

Mikey gets up and heads into the basement where the hole in the wall where a poster once hung is more than obvious. He stares into the hole to find nothing of the illegal sort. He heads back upstairs and outside where Frank and his parents are sitting.
"He's all out, that was his final hit." he informs.
"Okay." Lea says standing up, "What do we do until the high wears off?"
"I guess keep them tied up." Don sighs.
"I'll stay here the night, make sure nothing else happens." Mikey says shrugging as they all head into the house.

Lea and Don head back to bed as Mikey and Frank each claim a sofa and turn on the TV.
"Hey, can we at least watch a movie." Gerard asks.