The crazy thing we call love

a new beginning

The rest of the day blew by so fast I was surprised. It was already the end of the day. Where had it gone? I mean school usually drags on, even with Travis around. Before I knew it I was heading to room A119, my English class. I was pretty content before I walked into class so you can only imagine how happy I was to be in my favorite class of the day. I went and sat down in my usual back of the room seat. I got bugged less when I sat back here. I never knew why though, oh yea maybe it was because I used to sit next to a kid with a mohawk. Not many people would mess with Travis. I never understood why. I mean usually the “freaks” get picked on. I shrugged and pulled out my English binder. I couldn’t stop smiling. It was the exact opposite of how I should be reacting. I mean I just lost my best friend in the entire world because I wasn’t cool enough to hang with him now. So I had to make new friends, which I never thought I would ever have to do. Well I never thought I’d do period honestly. I thought he was going to be my best friend until I was old and gray. Or was I hoping he’d be more? I shook those thoughts out of my head. I didn’t need to be thinking about him at all. He doesn’t deserve even a thought from me after how badly he hurt me. I stared ahead at the dry erase board waiting for class to start. I was kind of nervous. I mean I’m trying to do to him what he did to me right? My biggest challenge would be this class. It was one of the classes we had together and we would always sit together. I tried to block it from my mind but it still made me a bit nervous. If he tried to talk to me should I ignore him? I didn’t know what to do. See I’m doing what I said I didn’t want to; thinking about him. I mentally groaned. I wanted to turn towards the door but there’s the chance that I will see, he-who-I’m-mad-at. I giggled. Yea smooth one Izzy. Then it happened. I heard a noise so familiar to my mind that my head turned to it before I had a chance to ignore it. Travis and that one kid were standing in the doorway of the class room. I was able to control myself though because I seen what they were doing. What a bunch of idiots. They were just leaned up against the door frame until Travis’s gaze met mine. He smirked and started talking to his friend. He motioned in my direction and started to walk over by me. I felt my heart start to race. He wouldn’t do this would he? I purposely looked out of his direction. I hoped he took the hint. I held my breath when I heard the chairs on both sides of me pull out. I closed my eyes and silently prayed he wouldn’t be this cruel to me. I was his best friend at one point. I felt the person on the left of me shake me and I reluctantly opened my eyes. Stacy smirked.
“Hey sleeping beauty did you sleep well?” I laughed and shook my head.
“Nope you see this annoying little bug woke me up from an amazing dream.” I heard the person on my right laugh. It was obviously a guy by his laughter. He came real close to my ear and I knew who it was after he spoke.
“Told ya she was dreamin’ bout me Stace.” I shook my head and laughed quietly. At least one of my new friends was in every one of my classes. I was actually laughing despite everything that happened earlier this morning. The guys made sure I didn’t think about Travis. Brandon was still leaned up close to me. I nearly started to drool. The boy was gorgeous what can I say. Everything about him made my senses tingle, his hair, his eyes, his laugh, then of course there was his smell. Oh my god. Sorry I’m snapping back to reality now. I forgot to mention that after lunch I learned Brandon’s name. Of course he practically made me beg to find out what it was. Sadly I did, which I wish I hadn’t done now because now I know the name of my tongue ring tormenter. I looked on my left and then back on my right and laughed shaking my head. I had panicked for no reason. It was just Stacy and Brandon. Stacy shook her head.
“No Brand sorry to break your heart but only your mother dreams of you.” He gasped and held his chest.
“Why Stacy how dare you say something like that. I happen to know for a fact your mother dreams of me too.” He started to laugh. I couldn’t help it I giggled too. His eyes returned to mine for a split second before I looked away. I turned my gaze toward Stacy who was playing with a clicky ink pen. I snapped my fingers getting her attention. She smiled at me and just held the smile for some really odd reason. It didn’t take long for me to find out why. I felt hot breath on the right side of my neck. I bit my lip so I wouldn’t squeal. Then Brandon decided to torture me to no end when he clicked his tongue ring against the back of his teeth right in my ear. I tried to resist but I shivered. He laughed.
“What’s the matter Iz? Turned on?” I went to deny it but I was interrupted. I saw a shadow over my desk and I knew who it belonged too. It wasn’t hard to guess when I saw the Mohawk. I looked up and Travis was standing there glaring at Brandon.
“That’s my seat.” I heard Brandon scoff and I turned to look at him and he rolled his eyes.
“I don’t see your name on it any where.” Travis rolled his eyes.
“My name doesn’t have to be on it. It’s my seat.” Brandon surprised me by chuckling. I raised an eyebrow at him. What the hell was he doing?
“Well let’s fix this little problem right now.” I watched awestruck as Brandon reached in his bag and pulled out a green sharpie. He wrote his name across the top of the desk in huge and all capital letters. He closed the lid then looked back up at Travis and smirked.
“Now that that’s settled,” he turned to me, “I did it in green because I know it’s your favorite color.” I smiled then looked down. I felt my face being lifted back up and Brandon blew a kiss at me. I turned the color of a tomato I was sure of it. I kept staring at Brandon and completely forgot Travis was there. That is until he made him self known.
“Izzy how do you think your mother would feel about you hanging around with people like them?” My mouth dropped. He had some nerve.
“What do you mean people like us huh…” Stacy stood up. I’m pretty sure she was ready to punch Ike right in the jaw. I silenced her with a simple wave of my hand and I looked up at Ike.
“How do you think Aunt Kat would feel about the people you’re hanging with now or better yet how do you think my mother would feel knowing you ditched me at school?” I laughed. “No I have an even better one. How do you think Uncle Joker would feel if he found out what you’re doing to me?” That one shut him up. Travis and his buddy exchanged glances quickly then Stacy spoke up.
“Don’t worry we’ve got your back Izzy.” I nodded but my eyes stayed on Travis. He would have never said that to me before. He’s changed so much.
“Ike letz go sit ova dere.” Travis nodded and they walked to the opposite side of the room. But before they made it over there Travis’s friend turned around to face me. He wiggled his eyebrows at me then smirked. I narrowed my eyebrows and started to study his face. Why did he look so familiar to me?
Brandon waved his hand in front of my face. I snapped back to reality and smiled at him. He just smirked.
“You okay Iz?” I smiled and nodded. Stacy turned her body in our direction.
“So who’s this Uncle Joker person?” I smiled bigger than I realized and Stacy laughed. “I’m scared now.” I laughed and shook my head.
“No no don’t be. My Uncle Jokie is awesome. I am his best friend’s daughter so ya know I got it made.” I chuckled. “There’s a big story behind my family so maybe you should come over and I’ll introduce you.” Stacy laughed and shrugged.
“How bad could it be right?” Brandon decided to interrupt our conversation.
“Oh so you guys would just leave me out in the cold? I see how you guys are.” Stacy waved him off but I interrupted her from saying anything.
“Um Brandon I think we should wait for you to meet my family. My Uncles and Daddy are pretty crazy.” He shrugs.
“Ok then fine how about you two come over to my house with me and the guys and chill then you guys can go to Izzy’s house and have your girly talk.” Stacy leaned over me and motioned for Brandon to come closer. He leaned across my desk and Stacy got real close to him.
“You know you’re jealous because you don’t have a girl to have girly talk with.” He shoved her away and she laughs.
The rest of the class went normally, well as normal as it could be with Brandon repeatedly clicking his tongue ring against his teeth and Stacy shooting sarcastic remarks his way. Other than that class went good. I walked out of class with both of them behind me. Stacy moved up so she was next to me rather than behind me. We chit chatted for a few minutes until we pasted her locker then she stopped.
“Hey Iz do you need a ride home?” I thought about it then smacked my forehead. I patted down my pockets looking for my cell phone. I didn’t feel it any where. I could have sworn I grabbed it this morning. I thought about everything I did this morning then I watched myself walk out of my bedroom with my cell phone still on my night stand. I swore pretty loudly and Brandon looked at me crazy.
“Lose your phone?” I nodded. He laughs and handed me his. “You’re not calling your boyfriend are you?” I laughed and shook my head.
“No I am going to cal my uncle and tell him I have a ride home.” He nodded then walked over by Stacy to give me some privacy. I called Uncle Jokie and thankfully he picked up. I explained to him that a few friends of mine had invited me over after school. I could practically see his smirk.
“Aight princess be careful okay.” Have I mentioned how much I love my uncle? I think I have but he’s amazing. “If you need me, call me.” I nervously laughed.
“Um I kind of forgot my phone at home so I may call you from a number you don’t know.” I turned back to Stacy’s locker and saw Tommy was standing with them now. I shook my head.
“Ok princess I love ya.” I grinned.
“I love you too Uncle Jokie.” I hung up and handed Brandon back his phone. Tommy inched closer to Stacy. It’s pretty obvious he likes her. This is something we defiantly need to talk about during our “girly” talk as Brandon put it.
We all exited the school together. It was a little weird for me. I mean I am so used to leaving with just Travis. I was going to have to get used to the fact that we weren’t friends any more. He wasn’t Travis any more, he was Ike. I hated that. We walked out to the parking lot and Sid, Matt, and Kenny were leaned up against this sparkling green 64’ impala. I gasped.
“Whose car is that?” Brandon laughed.
“Its mine why?” I tried to refrain from going all little kiddish but I did it. He raised his eye brow and shook his head.
“Sorry I have a lot of uncle’s and they are car freaks.” He nodded.
“You could ride with me if you want.” I looked at him confused.
“Who is all riding with you?” He shrugged.
“Most of the guys. Only one person can ride with Stacy but most don’t trust her driving.” I rolled my eyes.
“Just for that I am riding with Stacy.” I grabbed Stacy’s hand and she pulled me in the direction of her ca….wait motorcycle? I stared at it for a minute and she shook her head and got on. She sat there for a minute then motioned for me to get on. I looked at her hesitantly. Was she nuts? I got on slowly. No wonder the guys wouldn’t ride with her.
It didn’t take long for us to get there on Stacy’s bike. When we stopped I nearly jumped off with a sudden urge to kiss the ground. She rides like a crazy person, swerving in and out of lanes. I thought I was going to die. She just laughed at me and went and sat on the porch while we waited for the guys to get here.
“Hey Stacy I have a question. You don’t have to answer if you don’t want to.” She looked over at me.
“What’s up Iz?” I sighed and tried to word it together in my head.
“Do you like Tommy?” It was silent. I shrugged. I guess she didn’t want to answer. Oh well. Right as the guys pulled up in the driveway she turned to look at me again.
“Maybe I do, maybe I don’t.” I nodded. I guess I couldn’t expect much else. I mean I just met her and all. Now I had to prepare myself. This was the first time I was ever at a friend’s house that wasn’t Travis or that Travis wasn’t with me. I hoped I could do this.
♠ ♠ ♠
damn I love writing on this story for some odd reason lol
but i am going to start writing on my others tonight so be prepared!
lots of big twists and such so be prepared
as for this story
what do you think so far? i mean ike ditched her *gasps*
and what happens as Izzy and Brandon get closer
better yet what does Stacy think?
get ready because this story is about to rock your world!

Bugz wifey fo life