Black Roses

The Date

I picked up the rose and it was so odd that one second he was standing there and then the next there was a rose laying in his spot, I was so confused I forgot that I was in school and was late for my next class. I closed my locker and started to my art class. While I was walking to class I was thinking about the rose thing. I walked into the art room and took my set Taylor was on my left and Eric was on my right, the one I hate and the one that hates me wow what a great way to start art class. Today we were learning how to do self portraits and that is the worst thing cause well Eric is pretty bad at drawing and well Taylor he makes fun of my drawing so I decided to just shut my mouth and concentrate. I was almost done when the intercom came on and called me down to the office, people in the room were all ooooowww and you’re in trouble. I put my stuff away and grabbed my books and headed out the door. Walking in the halls was just so odd they were so empty and usually there are some kids sitting on the stairs or hanging out by lockers I ignored it and just kept walking to the office. When I get to the office window the secretary hands me the phone.

“Hello.”

“Alexia Marie Lynn Lovegood what are you doing at school!”

I knew I was toast when my dad started to yell, I was never yelled at until my parents started to fight.

“I thought I could come sense I was feeling fine.”

“Well I am coming to get you; you aren’t ready to go back to school…”

“No I am staying I am fine if anything happens I will call you to come get me, I have to go bye.”

I hung up the phone and the secretary gave me a late pass to my next class. I opened my locker and there was a note that fell out.

Alex,

Meet me by the flag pole after school.

From your,
Secret admirer.

I put the note in my bag and grabbed my book to go to math. I was looking at the floor and then looked up and when I looked up there standing in front of me was my mum. I dropped my books and hugged her and it felt so real like I was holding onto her. I let go and she disappeared. Gym came so fast and next thing I knew school was out and I was grabbing my bag and skateboard and about to head home then I remembered that it was the weekend and I was suppose to meet who ever it was that wanted to meet me by the flag pole. I went to the flag pole and looked everywhere but after 2 minutes no one showed up I started to think that the note was a fake. I waited a few more seconds and I started to skateboard home, when I got to the corner I felt like I was being followed I turned around and noticed that there was a car I skated over to the car and the window rolled down…it was Jake.

“Hey, did you get a note today?”

“Yeah…how did you know?”

“Because that note was from me… sorry I didn’t meet you at the flag pole I thought you would just go home.”

“Wow you’re a jerk you, you let me stand until 4 and now my dad is going to be pissed at me because I wasn’t home on time or worse he probably thinks I got into another accident…”

“Alexia I am sorry here let me give you a ride home…and if your doing nothing tonight maybe we can go out.”

“Well you do need to pay me back for letting me stand there for about 30 minutes so ok.” I got into the car and just before I had my door closed he took off, I sat there thinking of something to say. “Um so tonight pick me up at 7 or is that not a good time.”

“No that is a great time I will see you at 7.”

I didn’t realize we were sitting in front of my house.

“Ok I will be ready then call me when you get here, bye.”

I got out of the car and walked inside, threw my bag on the floor and went to the family room my dad was sitting on the couch like usual. I was pretty scared of what he was going to door say.

“Alexia is in so much trouble.”

When I sat down on the chair I started to shake so bad that the last time I remember shaking that bad was when my mum died.

“Alexia why are you late?”

“I…um…well…I don’t know.”

“You know you are trouble I think I might ground you.”

“No! I have a date tonight you can’t ground me.”

“You do with whom?” he said it so meanly that it bugged me.

“Jake he asked me out after school.” I said nervously. “I am going out at 7.”

“Fine.” He was so mean he didn’t seem like himself, he stood up and walked over to me. I was still shaking and I wanted to stop so badly but it just got worse. I looked away, I couldn’t look him in the eyes they were so dark like a black hole that was going to suck you in. His hand came up and whacked the side of my face, it stung badly I couldn’t feel the side of my face. I was still looking away and then there was another hit but this time a punch. I got up and I was just about to run when he grabbed my arm and squeezed it so hard I couldn’t feel my arm, he turns me around and slaps me across the face 5 more times he lets go of my arm. I was about to walk away and then I felt a hit in my back; I stood there for a few seconds and then started up to my room.

I got up to my room and walked into my bathroom took off my shirt and looked at my back; it was pure black and blue. I put my shirt back on and went over to my computer Bella was on so I started to talk to her.

Alex- Hey Bella what are you doing…

Bell- Nothing you…how are you…?

Alex- Going out with Jake at 7 and not so well…you…

Bell- Oh and what do you mean not so well…

Alex- Oh sorry I have to go its 6 I should get ready bye…

I logged off just in time because my dad came into my room; he came up to me and grabbed me by the shirt and said “You better not tell anyone what just happened and I won’t be home this weekend and the week I will talk to you on Friday goodbye and if you do tell anyone there is more.”

He left and I feel to the ground crying and shaking, I looked at the clock and it was 6:30 now. I stood up and walked into the bathroom, I washed my face and changed out of my nevershoutnever t-shirt and put on my acdc shirt and then put on leggings and a tutu. My phone started to ring I looked at the caller id and it said Jake. I grabbed my phone and answered it.

“Are you ready I am outside.”

“Yes I will be there in a second I have to get my shoes on.”

I hung up and put my shoes on and ran out to his car. He drove around and before I knew it we were at the movies. We got out of the car and he grabbed my hand and walked me into the movies. I didn’t know what movie we were going to see because I didn’t here him say it. We walked into the theater and sat down.

“What movie are we seeing?” I asked curiously.

“You will find out and be quiet it is starting.”

I sat there waiting and then finally it got to the movie, it was Harry Potter Half-Blood Prince. Few hours later the movie was over and we were walking out of the theater I really didn’t know what to aspect next.