Sequel: Eat My Heart Out

Skin and Bones

Driving - the sequel

We drive through the last of the lights, and I grab my backpack off of the floor and get ready to jump out. I lean forward in my seat – knowing Gerard will want a kiss before I leave.
Gerard doesn’t stop, though. He turns the corner and drives down my street.
I panic.

“You- uhm.” My breath speeds up and my eyes flicker from Gerard to Mikey to the road and back to Gerard.
“You can just stop here. It’s fine. I’ll walk. Please?” I sound begging. It sounds pathetic, but at the moment I’m more worried about by mom seeing me with the Ways rather than my tone of voice.

“It’s okay, Frankie. I don’t mind it,” Gerard says over his shoulder – smiling. He’s smiling and I just can’t bring myself to stop that – to take it away.

So I sit still. I don’t make a sound.

My heart is another story. It’s pounding and twisting and turning in my throat. I try to swallow it down, but it just jumps right back up there.

When we drive past my neighbor’s house, I quickly duck my head – hoping my mom won’t be able to see me.
The car stops.

“Here we are.” I hear Gerard pull the breaks and turn in his leather seat. The car is old and worn – nothing fancy at all.

When I look up, I see Gerard smiling at me. I quickly glance to my right to see that yes; this is my house.
The driveway is empty.
I crane my neck back up and look around. My mom’s car is not in the driveway and it’s not on the street in front of us or behind us or across the street.
A smile slowly forms on my lips and when I look at Gerard’s face it’s a full-blown grin.

“It is here, right?” he asks – a frown appearing on his still smiling face.
I giggle.

“Yeah,” I whisper in an exhale, and suddenly I just wanna connect our lips and keep mine on his like a suction cup.
“Thanks for the ride,” I say with a smirk on my lips and two seconds later my lips are moving softly against his. The butterflies are awake, but my lungs have stopped working. After a little while, I’m lightheaded and dizzy, and I reluctantly pull away.
I open my eyes to see that Gerard still has his closed. He licks his lips before he opens them.

“You’re welcome.” He smiles. He looks so dazed and goofy that I can’t help but giggle at him.

“Okay!” Mikey interrupts – loudly.
“Can we go before this turns NC-17, please?” I giggle more and Gerard joins in. When I hear his giggle, I lose my breath again.

“We’ll see you tomorrow.” I nod and crawl out of the car.
“Pick you up at 8.30, ‘kay?” Gerard asks, and when I turn around I see him leaning over Mikey’s lap – looking out the passenger window. Mikey is glaring up at the dark clouds. He looks tired.

“Uhm,” I manage to say, before Gerard waves goodbye and the car starts rolling.
I open my mouth like a fish. I’m about to yell a ‘don’t’, but they’re already too far away. Mikey’s hand is waving half-heartedly out the window. I wave back before I turn around and walk down the broken slabs to the white front door – it’s paint coming off of it.
♠ ♠ ♠
A little more happiness for Frank! Yay! =D

And today I got a chance to know how Frank feels, since I had an uncomfortable review of my breakfast and lunch. It's probably the swine flu!! Run while you can!!!

And seriously: there's a 140 of you??? =o =O