Sequel: Eat My Heart Out

Skin and Bones

Lunch - again!

Gerard’s holding on to my waist – tightly. I’m trying not to wince or show any kind of discomfort, ‘cause I really do like it – even though it hurts like a bitch. But I just wanna be close to him. I want him to hold me. I don’t want him to let go.

I lie my head on his shoulder, and he softly kisses the top of my head. I close my eyes and focus on that little gesture. I’ve always wanted him to hold me – kiss me. I finally have what I wanted all along.
I hope I don’t fuck this up.

Suddenly the thought of me and Mikey’s project slaps me in the face, and I open my eyes and lift my head off of Gerard’s ever-so-comfortable shoulder.

“Mikey?” Mikey tears his attention away from Bob and Ray and looks at me.
“Did you finish our project? Did you find my notes?” I’m slightly panicking. I don’t really know why – the paper doesn’t really count. Sure; it’d be nice to get a good grade after all the studying, but it’s not like it’ll affect my GPA or anything.

“Yup. Handed it in this morning.” He smiles proudly – his teeth filled with poppy-seeds. I grin.
He turns his head back to Ray and Bob, and my grin turns into a smile.
I think my life is clearing up.

Suddenly Gerard tightens his grip around my waist, and I forget to suppress my wince. Gerard quickly lets go of me.

“What’s wrong? You okay?” I look up at him and mirror his shocked expression.

“Yeah, I just-“

“I hurt you. Fuck! I’m so sorry. I forgot. Just-“ He stops himself and gently places both of his hands around my unhurt neck – his thumbs ghosting over my jawbone.
“I’m sorry,” he whispers as he stares into my eyes.
And suddenly, they’re there. They’re all there.
Just like they’re supposed to.

I close my eyes and lean my head forward to attach my lips to his, while all the butterflies finally flutter around in my stomach – tickling excessively.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for this being so lovey-dovey, cheesy and lame, but I just wanted Frank to feel a bit of success.