‹ Prequel: Baby, We Have Eternity
Status: Last chapter will be posted on Halloween!

I'm Half-Doomed and You're Semi-Sweet

Choice

“He’s not here to fight,” Kira admitted to Patrick. The two sat in his library, where they could speak without interruption.

“No?” he questioned curiously. She shook her head.

“He wants Pete to join him, that’s it. It was my job to find him, stick with him until everyone else came.” He waited wordlessly for her to continue. “I’m sorry. I didn’t expect all this. I came and you were all amazing to me, I told Alex I wouldn’t help him anymore, but...”

“What will he do when Pete refuses?” Patrick asked. “He can’t be turned into a vampire twice,” he pointed out, referring to Pete’s previous but similar situation with Beckett. Kira shrugged, unsure of his meaning.

“I don’t know what he’ll do. But if he catches me…”

“You shouldn’t think like that. As long as you’re here, you’ll be safe.”

“I don’t think I can thank you enough for this.”

“You don’t need to,” he insisted. “Does Pete know?” She shook her head.

“He didn’t let me explain.”

“I think you should get things fixed with Pete and let the rest of us deal with Alex,” Patrick advised.

-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-

She knocked at his door.

She hadn’t spoken to Pete since the night they’d seen Alex.

He hadn’t given her a chance; instead shut himself away from everyone.

Patrick, Andy, and Joe had persuaded her to try to be the first to speak to him.

Hanna had been recovering under the care of Patrick and Brendon.

“Will you let me explain?” she asked nervously, as soon as he opened the door. He gave a noncommittal grunt in response, shrugging his shoulders and stepping aside. He closed the door behind her. She sat awkwardly at the chair near his desk. He sat at the edge of his bed. “Did Patrick tell you-”

“Yeah,” he interrupted. An awkward silence fell. “I don’t know what to think anymore, Kira.”

“I’m sorry,” she offered.

“I don’t forgive easily,” he informed her somewhat coldly.

“I understand.” She went to leave. “Pete-” she began as she was about to pull the door open. “I…I care a lot about you. I care what you think about me, I care how I look when I’m around you.” He stared at her with empty eyes void of emotion, and she continued hesitantly. “I don’t know why I do. I just…I thought I should tell you how I feel. I’ll…understand if you don’t feel the same.”

He didn’t say anything, and she left.

He didn’t go after her when she closed the door behind herself.

-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-

“Jack!” Alex called out.

Jack appeared in the doorway shortly after, nerves on edge as they had been for the past few weeks.

“I want you to find out where Kira is staying,” Alex informed Jack. He hesitated to answer.

“Why?”

“So I can finish our business together,” he snarled.

“W-what do you mean?” Jack stammered nervously.

“I gave her a choice, and I’m giving you one as well. She picked wrong, and now she’ll pay,” he explained calmly. “I have a plan, Jack. I need you to find out Wentz’s hideout for me first.”

“What?” he asked, worry running through his mind like the blood in his veins.

“Don’t you know that truly destroying someone means taking away what they love?”

“Destroy?” Jack repeated. “I thought…you’re not going to…you mean…” Alex sighed impatiently.

“I find that people tend to do what you want when you have what they want.” Jack concentrated on his hands. “I still have use for our old friend Kira.”

“But…”

“Jack, you’re either on their side or on our side,” Alex stated, narrowing his eyes at his best friend.

“I’ll…I’ll find out where she is,” Jack told Alex, defeated.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thoughts?

Thanksxamillion: Parker Kilgannon, maccaveen, & secrets-that-die.