‹ Prequel: Baby, We Have Eternity
Status: Last chapter will be posted on Halloween!

I'm Half-Doomed and You're Semi-Sweet

"The Pete Wentz"

“I know what you are,” she stated, fingers curling around that deadly stake in her hand.

He twitched into fighting position as she slowly walked towards him, then fell back into normal stance.

What was the point?

“Giving up without a fight, Wentz?” she questioned, not lowering her guard, just in case.

After all, this was the Pete Wentz. Notably the hardest vampire to catch.

And she, amateur hunter that she was, had achieved it through pure luck.

“The Pete Wentz” shrugged indifferently.

“Go ahead and get it over with,” he urged her on.

“I don’t think so,” she stated, settling down on the couch and tossing the stake aside.

Strange.

“Really. I don’t care either way,” he informed her, half hoping she’d just jam the damn thing into his chest already so he’d finally be free.

“I don’t really believe that,” she told him nonchalantly, patting the empty seat beside her on the couch.

“It doesn’t matter what you believe,” he retorted, taking the seat after a moment’s hesitation.

He had to hold his breath in order to avoid temptation. She looked at him curiously. “I’m thirsty,” he explained.

She nodded, not making any show of fear.

“If you bite me, I’ll kill you,” she said, the tiny hint of a joke in her dark eyes swallowed by the seriousness of her statement.

“I won’t bite you,” he decided, trying to get used to the savory new smell of her blood.

“And I won’t kill you,” she replied, slightly confused by the glimmer of disappointment in his eyes. She raised an eyebrow. “I didn’t know there were such things as suicidal vampires,” she teased.

“I didn’t know there were such things as obnoxious humans,” he replied sarcastically, rolling his eyes.

“They never told me you were a comedian, Wentz,” she stated dryly. He frowned.

They?” he asked, raising an eyebrow and trying not to sound too curious. She shrugged him off.

“So…you wanna talk?” she asked, attempting to divert attention from herself.

“No offense, but I generally try to avoid conversation with people that are trying to jam wood into my chest.” She snorted in amusement.

“I already said I’m not going to kill you,” she reassured.

“Yeah? Well I’ve known people to go back on their word.”

“Haven’t we all?” she asked him vaguely.

“We? What do you know?” he growled at her, rubbing the sides of his head in frustration. This girl’s smell was getting to him; thirst clawed at his dry throat and his nose burned as he inhaled her scent.

He hadn’t been this thirty since Beckett had first changed him, and even then he had managed to seek out Patrick for help without harming a single human.

How could he have taken Patrick’s blend for granted?

“I know more than you give me credit for,” she huffed, face turning pink in anger.

He tried glaring, but was easily distracted by the appealing blush coloring her cheeks.

He instead concentrated on gritting his teeth and covering his mouth and nose with his hoodie.

“You-are you okay?” she asked, seeing the distress in his eyes and drawing closer in concern.

“Stay away!” he hissed, scrambling away from her. He had never killed an innocent human before, and he wasn’t about to start now, no matter how big a pain in the ass she was.

“Is there anything I can do?” she asked, but backing away. He shook his head vigorously.

“I don’t…I don’t want…to bite you,” he managed to choke out, wishing she’d shut up so he wouldn’t have to draw breath to answer.

“What can I do?” she insisted. He tried ignoring her but then realized there was something she could do.

She was a hunter after all, right?

“Do you…have…holy water?” he asked, still speaking through his sweatshirt.

“Yes…” she began, slightly confused.

“I need…holy water, garlic…” he continued to list the ingredients he needed to cure him of his thirst and she was going through her cabinets frantically.

What?!” she demanded, of some of the more disturbing elements he asked for.

By now he was shaking a little, trying to control the vampire part of himself.

“Can…you…get them?” he hissed impatiently.

“I’ll be right back,” she said, quickly making her way across the room, out the door and into the night.
♠ ♠ ♠
Feedback is appreciated so I know if you like/dislike it so far...