‹ Prequel: Baby, We Have Eternity
Status: Last chapter will be posted on Halloween!

I'm Half-Doomed and You're Semi-Sweet

Vegetarian Vampire

He licked his lips as he finished off the last of the substance.

It didn’t taste any better than it had before, but it was just what he needed to quench his thirst.

“A vegetarian vampire, huh? That’s seriously disgusting,” she commented, eyeing him distastefully and wrinkling her forehead in that way that reminded him of her.

But he wouldn’t allow himself to think about that. After all, that was one of the reasons he had made an outcast of himself.

He couldn’t take it anymore. He saw them everywhere he turned.

Hanna and Brendon, for whatever reason, were still staying at the warehouse.

He wished they would just go back to wherever-the-fuck-they-had-been-hiding before they defeated William.

And they couldn’t even let him have his revenge with that!

To say that Pete was bitter would be an understatement.

He was the one that was supposed to defeat William!

Not Brendon!

He couldn’t even look at that repulsive vampire anymore.

He had unknowingly stolen the two things Pete had desired most.

As cliché as the situation was; Brendon had gotten the girl and the glory.

Maybe he had Hanna from the beginning, how would Pete know?

He brushed that thought from his mind, it was no longer important.

But as for Beckett?

That crossed the fine line.

Brendon had stolen his purpose away.

The whole of Pete’s vampire existence had been devoted to defeating William and the Dandies.

Now that William was gone and the Dandies had either fled or changed, he might as well die.

He had no purpose, nothing and no one to live for.

“Are you sure you don’t want to talk about it?” she asked, placing a hand on his arm for the second time tonight. He jumped, startled out of his thoughts by this small gesture.

“Who said there’s anything to talk about?” he asked snidely.

“Well, if you want to act like a whiny little bitch, the door’s right there,” she snapped back.

He looked at her in surprise, caught off guard by her tone, and she felt the bitterness in her voice evaporate as she stared into his empty chocolate-brown eyes.

“Otherwise you’re welcome to stay,” she added. “Do you want to talk?” she repeated. He sighed in defeat.

“How much time do you have?” he asked, settling down and leaning back into the couch.

“Plenty,” she replied, feeling a slight sense of victory as he launched into his story.
♠ ♠ ♠
Obviously, this all makes more sense if you’ve read the prequel, but I don’t think it’s absolutely necessary, although it’s the back story of what happened between Hanna, Pete, Brendon, and William.

Thank you: maccaveen, shmileysRkewl,XxRainBowSkittlesxX, & manicmonday.