‹ Prequel: Baby, We Have Eternity
Status: Last chapter will be posted on Halloween!

I'm Half-Doomed and You're Semi-Sweet

Why Don't You Just Drop Dead?

She made her way to his room anxiously.

She wasn’t even sure why she was so nervous.

After all, he had said they couldn’t be together because she was mortal, right?

So there couldn’t be any more excuses left.

The door was open as she approached it.

He looked up, hearing her footsteps in the doorway.

He stood up and she entered the room, smiling shyly.

He was speechless. She was the same, but different.

“So?” she asked, revolving on the spot for him in her deep blue dress.

She was wearing Hanna’s clothes, and Hanna must have done her hair as well.

She had dressed up for him.

It only reminded him of the Dandies and everything they’d done and stood for.

He didn’t want her turning into Hanna when she already vaguely resembled her in the first place.

“I…I don’t know what to say,” he replied.

She only smiled in response, showing her newly grown fangs.

It unsettled him. Her brown eyes glimmered back at him, far brighter than he remembered them. He looked away. Her dark, wavy hair seemed somewhat shinier as well, and, of course, the color had left her face, leaving it flawless and pale white.

He turned his attention to something on the desk, ignoring her as she approached him from behind. Her arms encircled his waist and her lips found the hollow of his neck, making emotion swell in his chest as her fangs grazed his cold skin.

She didn’t feel as warm as she used to, and he couldn’t hear her heartbeat anymore.

It was disconcerting.

He pulled away from her grip gently, and she looked back at him in confusion.

“What’s wrong?” She backed away, taking back her arms and crossing them.

“What do you think is wrong here, Kira?”

“Well, I thought you might be happy that we can be together now,” she snapped, hurt.

Happy!?” he demanded incredulously. “You thought I would be happy that you’ve become one of us? Please elaborate and tell me why in hell you thought I would be happy about this!”

Tears glimmered in her eyes, but she blinked them away before he could see.

He hadn’t known what to say, and of course ended up saying everything wrong.

“Fuck you, Pete.” she mumbled, pushing past him to exit the room. “Why don’t you just drop dead?” she paused in the doorway to add.

-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-

There was a quick knock before the door banged open.

“What’s wrong?” Jack asked immediately, seeing Kira’s wet and troubled face.

He immediately pulled her into his arms without waiting for an explanation.

Her tears left a wet spot on his shirt when she finally pulled away.

“Why are you dressed like that?” he questioned. She didn’t reply, instead turned away from him and laid down on the bed, wiping her face on the pillow.

“I’m such an idiot,” she mumbled to herself, but he heard.

“Why?” he asked, coming to sit next to her on the bed.

“I should’ve known this wouldn’t change anything-” she continued, ignoring him.

“Kira, what are you talking about?”

“I can’t believe I ever thought he gave a fuck about me.”

“You love Wentz,” Jack stated in realization.

She wanted to deny it, but no words were coming out of her mouth, and she couldn’t bring herself to lie to Jack.

“It doesn’t matter,” she said, instead. “Because I’ll never be good enough. He didn’t want me when I was human, and he doesn’t want me now.”

“Kira-” he tried again.

“No, Jack.” He kept quiet this time, and left his best friend to her own thoughts.

“How did it-” Hanna began eagerly, entering the room. “What happened?” she asked in alarm, seeing Kira’s state. She didn’t answer. “Where’s Pete?” she asked.

“Gone,” Kira finally replied, wiping her eyes.
♠ ♠ ♠
Last chapter will be up on Halloween. : )

I started a tumbler thingy: http://spreadtherumors.tumblr.com/

Thanks: manicmonday, secrets-that-die, glitter and gold, Parker Kilgannon, Al. Why. Sun., & LoveTheLifeYouLive.