‹ Prequel: Mary without Sound

Ella's New Sound

Chapter 7: Ella in Orange

“Blue really works well with your eyes.” Chelsea said.
Tarrryn, Chelsea, Netanya, Allison, and I were all shopping for our homecoming dresses. Chelsea had tried on a light brown silky dress that accented her hair, making it look like she had high lights. She was holding up a sparkling blue strapless dress that looks like it got in a fight with a paper shredder on the edges. I will agree it’s pretty, but blue just isn’t my colour. I also don’t like strapless.
“What about this?” Netanya said, pulling a striking orange silk off the rack. For a moment I thought it was also strapless but it wasn’t. It was gorgeous. I grabbed the dress and went into the dressing room. Allison fallowed and helped me zip it up in the back.
“You look stunning.” She breathed.
I did.
“What do you think?” I asked, emerging from the dressing room.
Everyone’s jaws dropped.
I spun.
No response
“Okay guys, you’re freaking me out. Does it look good or not?”
Chelsea nodded wordlessly.
Tarryn gulped, “Oh, my God.”
Netanya pulled me into a hug.
“You look like Cinderella in orange.”
Hm…Ella, Cinderella. Is it me, or is there a connection there?
I smiled.
“Have you girls found anything?” Mom asked, walking up to us with a shopping bag in one hand and a latte in the other. She stopped dead in her tracks when she saw me.
“Yeah. Do you li-”
“Oh, Ella! You’re so beautiful!” she exclaimed.
Mom shoved her coffee in Tarryn’s hands (bad idea) and dropped her bag on the floor, embracing me into a big hug. Was she…crying?
“Can I get it?”
“Oh of course. Homecoming dresses are on me. Under two hundred dollars though.” Mom said. I couldn’t believe what I just heard. I’m getting the dress.
Sebastian said he already got his tux, so we’re all set. We bought our tickets yesterday after school.
“What do you think about this?”
Netanya was holding up a long metallic yellow dress with sparkles on the chest area. Yellow was Netanya’s favorite colour.
“And this?” Tarryn said, holding up a purple dress that flowed so easily, it looked like mystic water.
We all giggled and gossiped about random stuff until Heather Coltly, the biggest brat at Bremerton High, walked into the store. Her long blond curly hair just made her look even more snotty than ever. I’m not going to lie, she really thinks she hot. Last year during P.E., she lifted up her shirt and rubbed her belly like she was sexy. My friend Jon told her to “put that monster away”. He wasn’t being mean, it was true. She’s not fat-fat, but she’s fat enough to not be called skinny. And she’s mean. She’ll stab you in the back faster than a bullet can travel.
“Oh hey girls!” She said, walking up to us. Tarryn and I rolled out eyes. Allison gave her a hug. She has yet to learn about the sneakiness of Heather. Chelsea just stood there, not knowing what to do. Heather turned to me, looked me up and down and tried to smile, even though I know it’s killing her that I could fit into a dress like this and she couldn’t.
I smiled back. Evilly.
“You look nice. How asked you to the dance?” she put a lot of emphasis on “you”.
“Sebastian.” I replied.
Her face fell. She looked crushed. Then I realized that she liked him, or else she wouldn’t have looked that way.
“Come on girls, lets pay for your dresses.” My mom said, feeling the tension.
“Bye Heather.” I waved.
♠ ♠ ♠
Please comment!
Also, i have a picture of Ella's dress in with the characters. If you would like, check it out.
Also, tell you mibba friends about Mary Without Sound and Ella's New Sound. I need more readers. Thank you!

-Rylie