Status: Complete. Go read sequel, 'Give A Cheer For All The Broken'?

Cinderella, she seems so easy

They Totally Ran Out Of Those Pixie Sticks.

Kyra walked in to the generic classroom and placed her books at one of the desks before sitting down in the chair attached. The teacher hadn’t arrived in the room yet but that didn’t stop the seven students in the room from entering. Kyra pulled out her phone and checked for any new messages from any of her friends. Nope. None. Almost as if they didn’t care.

“Expecting a call?”

She instantly put her phone away, just in case it was a teacher ready to confiscate it. But when Kyra looked up, there was no teacher. No crappy old lady. No cranky man. But instead a girl sitting at the desk next to her.

The red streaks in her black hair stood out and the eyeliner around her blue eyes made them pop out. Kyra shook her head and looked at the girls clothes. She had a red tee with a black vest that went with her hair. And she wore a pair of dark skinny jeans.

“I’m Kat. You’re new here right?” She offered her hand.

Kyra extended her own hand and shook Kat’s and replied, “Yeah, I’m Kyra.”

“So why are-”

“Good morning class! Today we have a lot of work to cover, starting off with the French Revolution!” A young, male teacher proclaimed while walking into the room.

Kat gave Kyra a brief roll of her eyes at the teacher and mouthed, ‘That’s Mr. Davis.’ Kyra nodded and watched her new teacher. He had a Ryan Reynolds charm about him and could easily pass for him in the right light. He sat on the desk and pulled out an attendance roll.

“Oh looks like we have a new student everyone. Kai-Rah?” He looked around the room.

Kyra palmed her face and sighed, “It’s Kyra.”

“Ah, I’m so sorry! I’m not the greatest with pronunciation. Anyway. I’m Mr. Davis. You can call me that or Davo, Davie. Whatever,” The teacher shrugged.

Kyra let a smile escape her lips and laughed lightly at the teacher before nodding her head. The double period of History went over quiet quickly, thanks to Kat and the wonderful teaching style of Mr. Davis. Kat dragged her out, claiming that ‘she just had to hang out with her and her friends.’

“Do you know where the bathroom is? I really gotta pee,” Kyra told her new friend.

“Oh yeah sure, I’ll show you,” Kat smiled.

They walked to the bathroom and Kat decided to wait outside for Kyra while she went in. After going to the bathroom, Kyra approached the mirror and basin to wash her hands when a fellow blonde forced a flyer in her face.

“Err…What’s this?” Kyra asked, taking the flyer.

“It’s an invite to my party. You’re new here right? You seem cool so come,” The blonde grinned, “I’m Chloe.”

“Kyra. And I’ll see,” She said, turning to walk back out to Kat.

“Hang on, why don’t you stay and chat for a bit?”

“Oh I can’t. I’ve got someone waiting for me outside,” Kyra pointed at the door.

“The only one I saw was Kat the Bat. And you really shouldn’t hang out with her. Come and hang with me and my people,” Chloe offered.

“Err…Sure. Maybe later,” Kyra replied, this time walking out.

“Make sure you’re there biatch,” Chloe yelled playfully.

One day in and already invited to a party? Kyra loved this school. She walked back out and met Kat. Together, they walked out onto the oval.

“Wait til you meet the guys. They are so awesome!” Kat told her.

Kyra nodded and recognised where they were from yesterday. The same tree. Hang on. Kat was friend’s with that group of boys!? Kyra could not believe the conclusion her mind had made. The two girls approached the tree and saw two boys standing there.

Kyra was searching through her bag, looking for her keys to Andy’s apartment, just to make sure she hadn’t lost them when they were at the tree.

“Hey boys,” Kat said, “There’s someone I want you to meet.”

Kyra looked up and saw the two boys. One of them looked as if he hadn’t slept in years while the other appeared to be wide awake.

“Kyra, this is Frankie,” Kat pointed at the dark haired one.

Kyra gave a smile and a wave and was crushed by a hug from the boy while Kat introduced the other boy.

“And this is Ray.”

She smiled lightly at the curly haired boy, still slightly dazed from Frank hugging her.

“So, they totally ran out of those pixie sticks you like Frankie, but I got you these things instead,” said a voice behind her.

Kyra turned around to see the same boy from this morning, sorting through some money while walking closer towards them.

“I wondered where you got to. And this is-”

“Mikey Way,” Kyra muttered as the boy looked up once his name was said.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thoughts?