Status: Complete. Go read sequel, 'Give A Cheer For All The Broken'?

Cinderella, she seems so easy

That's A World Record For Being Dumb.

“Ugh! I have nothing to wear!” Kyra yelled, slamming down her bag.

She cursed her mother under her breath as her cousin came in, looking fabulous as always.

“What’s wrong?” He asked, sitting on the bed.

“I have nothing to wear and school is in, like, half an hour!”

“Alright. Ky, I need you to take a deep breath for me okay? Andy will get this all figured out,” Andy calmed.

She took in a deep breath and put her head in her hands. This could not be happening. Day one and nothing to wear! She knew that she would be socially unpopular from the word go now. Schools don’t care who you are. Isn’t it obvious? It’s about what you wear!

“Try this…” Her cousin suggested.

Kyra looked up to see him holding up a white tank top with the Eiffel Tower print on it, a pair of black skinny jeans and a hat. She flashed him a smile and stood up to get dressed. Andy let her be and she got changed. And she looked good. Really good.

She sorted through the bag and found a collection of silver bangles and a nice necklace. Kyra grabbed her new bag that she borrowed from Andy and put her cute, red heart-shaped sunglasses in it before walking out.

“Well hello there,” Andy smiled.

“Hey,” She breathed, packing her bag with some fruit for the rest of the day.

“Excited?”

“Nervous more than anything. But you know? I’ll be fine.”

“Alright, well. You better get going otherwise you’ll be late,” Andy said.

“That would be an outcry!” She mocked walking out the door.

The last thing she heard was her cousin’s distinct laugh as she headed off down the street. This wasn’t too bad. At least she was away from her family. Away from Lily. She cringed at the name and kept walking. Up ahead she could see a few students walking.

Kyra quietly walked past everyone, as to not draw too much attention to herself just yet, and ventured into the office. She was greeted warmly by the office attendants and was given her timetable along with her locker number with combination.

She trudged off towards where her locker was located. Walking down the wide halls, she saw the usual groups. The jocks, the sluts, the artists, the loners and the juvenile delinquents. But there was no sign of the group of boys from yesterday.

Her locker, what appeared to be number 741, was clean on the outside, much like the other lockers in the school she had seen so far. Her fingers gently grabbed the lock and began turning the combination.

“14-32-03,” Kyra muttered.

She pulled down on the lock, expecting it to open. But it didn’t open. Kyra was confused. She entered the right combination, turned the dials the right way and pulled down. What did she do wrong?

Kyra kept trying, becoming more and more frustrated with the lock. She became frustrated quite easily, one time throwing her math book across the room out of frustration.

“Excuse me but do you-” A voice came behind her.

“No! I do not need help,” She snapped.

“I wasn’t asking that but-”

“Look! Okay! I’ve done this a million times back home. This lock is just being stupid or something. I’ll get it eventually,” She mumbled, trying yet again with no success.

“Your locker is the next one over, to the right.”

“And what makes you think that?” Kyra said, turning around.

And there he was. The mysterious boy from yesterday. His black rimmed glasses were sitting as if they were just about to fall off completely. He was a fair bit taller than Kyra but not by much.

"Because that's my locker you're trying to open."

“Oh…Sorry,” She said, stepping to the side.

“It’s fine,” He replied, opening his locker.

Kyra looked down at what she hoped to be her locker. She entered her code and the boy was right. This was her locker. Kyra placed her bag in and arranged her books around. She felt like an idiot. A fool. A dummy. That’s a new world record for being dumb, right? Barely twenty minutes in.

“Don’t feel dumb yet. It’s a big school, you’re bound to muck up more today,” He said, his face buried in his locker.

“What?” Kyra asked.

“I said, you’re bound to make more mistakes today. It’s a big school.”

“I’m going to prove you wrong Mr…?”

“Way. Mikey Way.”

“Right. Well, I’m going to prove you wrong Mr Way,” She said, grabbing her books and shutting her locker, “Goodbye.”

And with that, Kyra carried her books and headed off in the right direction towards her first class of the day. Mikey stood there, watching her walk off but was started chuckling when she came back to walk the other way.

“Shut up! I did not go the wrong way,” Kyra pointed at him.
♠ ♠ ♠
Kyra's outfit
Comments? :)