Crashing Inside You

Picking Out The Flowers

When my eyes had first landed on Brian when I had spotted him, my first instinct was to just go back to my seat and pretend like I didn’t notice him. But the moment I watched his mouth twitch up to a smirk and his eyes look up and down my body, my instinct changed to wanting to throw the glass of milk I had in my hand straight at his face.

He stood next to Matt, only a few inches shorter than him, and his hair had grown out a considerable length since the last time I had seen him. His arms were now fully covered with tattoos, and the left side of his nose was pierced making his total appearance change since 4 years ago.

I raised my eyes from his body and into his own pair of dark brown eyes and noticed the semi-smirk he had earlier was now full blown.

“Still can’t keep your eyes off of me, Lauren, can you?” He laughed and walked over to the island taking a seat next to Dom, still keeping his eyes on me.

I scoffed and glared at him. “You wish Haner. The only thing I would be staring at on you is your nose ring, and thinking about how much it makes you look like a faggot emo boy.” I smirked and walked over to the island, with my milk in hand, and decided to take a seat across from Brian. I was strongly debating in my head whether or not I should really throw it at his face.

“Soo…” Matt said awkwardly, looking in between Brian and I confused. I looked at him and raised an eyebrow, basically asking with my facial expression what he was so confused about.

“Alright, let’s start talking about the wedding.” Nikki smiled, and stood up from her chair and walked over to the counter where a pile of papers were sitting. I groaned inwardly, or so I thought. But when I heard a groan I looked up, away from Nikki and at Brian who’s head was back and his eyes closed.

“This is why I came over?” Brian asked, his eyes slanted a little. “Matt you told me you wanted me to check out some lyrics.”

Matt smiled sheepishly, showing off a pair of dimples. “I knew you wouldn’t want to come if I just straight up told you that we were going to do some wedding stuff.”

Brian looked at Matt for a few seconds before huffing, “Why do I have to be here then?”

Nikki sat down next to Matt and looked at Brian giving him a Duh look. “Brian, you’re the best man. Best man’s are supposed to help out a little.”

“But I thought-“

“Woah, woah, woah. Wait a minute.” I said, holding my hand up and looked at Nikki with a shocked looked on, “Brian, is the Best Man?” I question.

Nikki had looked at me, nodding her head slowly.

“And I’m the Maid of Honor?”

She nodded her head again.

“So Brian and I have to walk down the isle together?”

Once again she nodded, raising an eyebrow. “Is there a problem.”

I leaned my head back, and groaned, but this time, it was not inwardly. The noise was made loud and clear so Nikki could heard how frustrated with her decision I was.

My head leaned up and I looked at Brian who’s eyes were big. “There is no possible way I am walking down the isle with that thing!” I pointed at Brian.

“Laur-“ Nikki started.

“And there is no way in hell I will walk down the isle with that dike.” He said glaring at me.

“Bri-“ Matt tried to cut in.

“I’m not a fucking dike! Are you kidding me.” I scoffed.

He smirked, “No I’m not kidding. You know how bad it would hurt my reputation if someone saw me walking down the isle with some lesbian?” He looked around at everyone. “It would hurt it pretty bad.”

My mouth opened wide, appalled at what he said. “It probably wouldn’t hurt your reputation more than that hair cut already did.”

Brian glared and opened his mouth about to say something else, but was cut off by Nikki. “Stop guys!” We both turned away from each other and looked at Nikki, who was still sitting in her seat, her knuckles white from holding onto the folder in her hands tightly.

“He started it!” I yelled, and pointed at him, at the same time he yelled it and pointed at me.

She rolled her eyes and let the folder drop. “I don’t give a rats ass who started it. You both are 23, and I thought by now you both would be able to act like it.” She sighed. “Brian you’re walking with Lauren, and Lauren you’re walking with Brian. End. Of. Discussion.” Nikki snapped.

I glared once more at Brian, and leaned back in my seat, not wanting the Bride to turn into Bridezilla.

“So what kind of flowers do you think there should be?” Nikki asked, and smiled looking at everyone at the table. Her attitude changing indifferently.

“Tulips would look good.” Dom nodded, speaking for the first time since Brian and I had started fighting.

Nikki thought for a few seconds, before nodding and writing it down in front of her. She began talking about something, but I had blocked her out, trying to think of some sort of way to get Brian back.

Brian Haner and I have known of each other since we were the tender age of 10. He was Nikki’s next door neighbor, and her best guy friend. But, Brian and I never really met until we were both in 8th grade, and even then, we never got along.

I really don’t know when it started – the hate between Brian and I – but what I can remember was that we constantly fought over the attention of Nikki. Brian’s reason different than mine of course.

Brian had always had a crush on Nikki. Always sending her flirty looks, touching her arm, and sending compliments her way all the time, it was not hard to tell that Brian Haner Jr. was crushing hard on Nikki Adams. Everyone could tell, but of course, Nikki herself could not.

My purpose of trying to get the attention of Nikki was that I was afraid should would leave me for Brian any time. Just maybe one day wake up and decided to be together with Brian, and leave me behind. But after the years, Nikki and Brian had still not been together and my hate for Brian still didn’t decrease.

He was worse in the High School stage. His egotistic self always being a pig, and treating girls like the dirt below his feet always made me angry. And from what I can tell, or have seen from the last 30 minutes of being around him, his attitude from High School, has not changed one bit.

Thinking about everything, I didn’t notice that my hand picked up the cup of milk and put it to my mouth, until it was already there. I opened my mouth and took a big gulp of milk before setting it down.

I looked up from the counter top and saw Brian looking right at me and smirking.

“What?” I asked, attitude lashing out at him.

“You’ve got something right here.” He pointed towards the corners of his top lip. I huffed knowing that I had gotten milk there and took the back of my hand to wipe it off.

“Is it gone?” I asked looking at him, a smile still on his face. But I should have known that Brian wasn’t that nice and should have expected what he said next.

“I wasn’t talking about the milk. I was talking about your mustache.”
♠ ♠ ♠
alright, I got 1 comment on my last update. 5+ comments will get me updating regularly. I'm typing the next update right now, so please leave me some comments, the story is about to get a little more intense :) <3.