I Arranged My Own Marriage

Chapter 22 Party Begins

Kim’s POV

I opened the door and walked out and paused gapping at Josh. He was dressed in a tuxedo. He looked me up and down.
“Sweetheart I know you like to be different but this is almost like a ball, and that can’t be acceptable, even by your standard” he said. I smacked my head as realization hit me. I’ve been waiting for this party thing for days. I went back in and closed the door before getting my dress. It was a gothic based dress, with crimson red fabric, a black lacing work above, with a low neck, and elegant attached skirt, that went down to my ankle. Outlined in gold. I quickly shrugged out of my clothes and put this dress on. I opened my drawer looking for my necklace, the one my best friends gave me. It was a locket, with a jewel on top. A crimson jewel, outline in black silver. It was beautiful. After donning it, I did my hair up simple. It was a good thing I straightened my hair earlier. Black eyeliner, Little bit of mascara, and some lip-gloss., and I was finished. I went back out, Josh looked me up and down and nodded in approval.
“Nice clean up” he said, I smacked him before taking his arm and taking a deep breath,.
“It’s ok sweetie, I’ll there with you!” he gave me a reassuring smile. I squeezed his arm before heading to the crowd downstairs.

Eric’s POV

I held a glass of wine in my hand and in my other hand I shook hands with a vampire duke who was about my age. The Greylin’s already talked about the necessary stuff, now they just had to introduce Kim. Whom josh has gone to pick up. As Kim came into my mind I thought about what I know about her. She crosses my mind quite often since I met her. I suppose for now it’s a healthy distraction. Yet I didn’t like thinking about her in that way.
“Her who?” asked Brandon as he approached me with Cassy.
“Don’t worry about it” I said as we clashed hands. After Delroy, I was Brandon’s bff. In fact the three of us made a peculiar trio. Most times me and Brandon clashed but Delroy worked things out.
“So tell us Eric, when will you marry someone? Asked Cassy.
“Or get a girl friend?” Laughed Brandon. I don’t know what possessed me, but I smiled and said “I think very soon”. That I guess wasn’t the answer they expected.
“Who’s the lucky girl?” asked Cassy. Just when I was about to say I don’t know, music announced Kim’s entrance.

Charl’s POV

I was internally listening t o Eric’s love conversation, I looked up when they didn’t talk. They were to focused on something else, I should have been focused on it too. Kim had her arms linked with josh, making their way down the stairs. There was this light around them, making them glow, you didn’t want to turn away. Even Brandon and Cassy were immersed in them. ‘ Maybe their… I shouldn’t’ I thought to myself. ‘Beautiful’ someone thought, I traced the voice back to Eric whom was fixated on Kim. I smiled to my self.
“Dear aren’t you going to go up?” asked Lily, I nodded.
“Yes love, I am” I said while walking up to them. We met at the stairs end. I watched josh squeeze her arm before leaving. Kim took in an even breathe and slowly let it out. I held out my hand and she slipped hers in as if it’s natural. I turned to face the crowd.
“Everyone please meet Kimberly Anne Parks, My wife’s dear friends daughter. Whom we have taken in for the time being. She is not a stranger, treat her as if you’d treat any one of my kids, for she is now a daughter of this house” I said. Many listened and nodded, many held their glass up as if to toast my words. I looked over at the human girl, in wonder as she stared at the ground
“Alright I hope you enjoy yourselves tonight” I said releasing everyone.
“Kimberly” I called her, she looked up tense. “Dinner is in one hour, can you sit near my family, there might be people I need to introduce to you or vice versa” I told her, she relaxed and nodded.
“Charls?” “Yes?” “please call me Kim” she said, I smiled and nodded. “Will do!?” with that I released her. I watched her walk away, when a scent all to familiar hit my nose. ‘Aiden, here?’ I thought. Just then someone bumped into me.
“How Ya doin gramps, hope you don’t mind me crashin, you should really invite me to these things” he said chuckling.
“Aiden” I called as he disappeared along with his scent.
“something wrong deary?” asked Lily. I smiled at her and nodded no. Blocking lily out I called my families and the Orvieous attention. ‘Keep a close watch on Kim, I feel something dangerous might happen’ I told them earnestly. They understood to not let it show.

Kim’s POV

There are something’s I don’t mind being centre of attention, depending on the group people. Normally I don’t care about being introduced to a group of people, but today was different. I was so tense, so many eyes. I don’t think the uneasiness came from the fact that the judging eyes belonged to a group of highly influential and rich people. Rather these eyes were judging something else, something crucial. I was kept out about this crucial something.
“Good job Kimmy cubs” said Josh as he patted my back. I looked over at him reproachfully.
“You said you’d be there all the way through the intro” I told him accusatorily. He laughed out catching many people stare, making me uncomfortable,
“I was, spiritually” he said, as Dorelle smacked him lightly from behind.
“He lies, he was busy looking at chicks” she said. I faked a sad face.
“Kimmy” he said seriously trying to cheer me up. I flicked his nose and smiled.
“Pay back” I said, he hugged me and then let go.
“Sorry love, but I’m being called” he said bowing and then walked away, leaving me with Dorelle.
“Would you like to meet me Lenat?” she asked.
“Who?”
“Lenat was taken in by a friend of Lily, she likes to be called Sey” She said.
“Meh, why not”