We Taught Ourselves to Fly

Welcome to the Factory

Gripping onto the armrest tightly, Lavine’s eyes grew wide as she watched the speed gauge of the Tahoe fluctuate from sixty to eighty. Weaving in and out of traffic, the subtle thought about the fact that she hadn’t written her will yet, and how she should probably be doing so if she got out of this wild ride alive entered her mind with a rush of anxiety in the purest form.

Rob was in the drivers seat, bopping his head to the beat of the radio which was pumping out some ridiculous melody of jumbled sounds. The music around her rattling her bones to the core from the speaker vibrations. Switching to the fast lane, Rob put more pressure onto the peddle, sending the speed back into the pushing seventy five. Glancing quickly towards Lavine, he laughed at the expression of fear painted across her face. Sunken into her seat, with a deathgrip onto anything she could hold. The whites of her eyes clearly, and fully, visible as she bit her lip.

“We ridin’ dirty now Sparrow!” Rob shouted over the pumping bass, just to intimidate her.

Lavine turned slowly to him, signaling with a flick of her wrist to keep his eyes on the road. Rob did as told, taking an off ramp into the industrial district of Los Angeles. Taking a deep breath of relief, Lavine pushed herself up in the seat, finally receiving the guts she was looking for as he slowed his speed to only slightly over the speed limit.

Traveling down the grey back streets of warehouses and business fronts, Rob pulled in front of the factory and pumped the car into park.

“Well, this is it,” he presented proudly, “Welcome to the Fantasy Factory.”

Taking a careful step from the car, Lavine peered up to the top of the warehouse in awe. The giant ‘Dyrdek Enterprises’ label taking her by surprise. He wasn’t lying about owning his own company, he really had made a name for himself after all.

“Sparrow…” Rob chimed, waving his hands in front of her to gain her attention, “I know the sign is amazing, but let’s go inside.”

Shaking her head vacantly, Lavine trotted closely behind Rob, ducking under the loading dock door, she gained her bearings and took a look around at the wonder she had stepped foot into. Looking over the metal and concrete jungle, she found herself wanting to explore the floor like a child.

“This is the Fantasy Factory?” she asked, almost star struck, “Holy hell. You said it was paradise, but this is like a skateboarding afterlife.”

Without much regard the introduction Rob was giving to the different parts of the grounds, Lavine bee lined towards the foam pit, running up the jump ramp located in front of it and gazing in over the sea of brightly colored foam.

“Foam pit? Bobby Diesel has his own fucking foam pit…”

“That I do.”

Smirking in the mischievous thoughts that filled her mind, Lavine launched herself into the air, landing on a cloud of foam. Pulling herself out inch by inch, she hung her torso over the metal edge and laughed in ecstasy. As she came to, Lavine spotted a questionable sight that Rob had turned his attention to as well.

“Dr-Dr-Dr-Drama Beats!” he bellowed, voice reverberating against the walls.

Emerging from the main office, Drama starred like a dear in headlights towards him, two bulldogs escaping beneath his feet as he then began to scramble.

“Get the puppies!”

“Jesus Christ Rob…” Lavine mumbled, laying her head vacantly on the pits metal frame as her eyes followed Drama across the factory, “Cut the kid a break.”

“He’s my cousin.” Rob shrugged, holding his arm out toward her.

Taking his grip, Lavine shimmied herself from the foam squares and hopped onto the concrete floor. Her hand slipped in-between his, interlacing their fingers as Rob looked onward through his factory.

“And this is where Robbie got himself…” Lavine remarked, smiling up at him brightly as Drama approached with the two dogs, fussing and squirming in his arms.

“Who’s she?” the newly emerged man asked, breathing panting from his lungs.

“Your just so fucking rude.”, Rob stated, taking the puppy from his arms, cradling it over his shoulder in an awkward fashion, “This is Lavine, from Kettering. Lavine, this is my cousin Drama and personal assistant."

“Hey.” Lavine answered, shooting a sweet smile, attempting to clear the airways of any bad vibes she might have given off.

Drama took a quick look over her and shot a grin back. Relieved, Lavine loosened her tight stance as she watched Drama signal towards Rob to follow him. Looking to her side for approval, Rob felt her hand fall from his grasp as he set off to his side.

“I’ll be back in a minute. Play with the puppy,” he suggested, handing the baby bulldog to her, pausing for a moment and putting on his best baby face, “Because, your just a little stinky baby. Just a little baby girl Beefy!”

“I’ll take care of her…”, Lavine laughed, rolling her eyes at this overly-obnoxious attitude, “What’s the other one named?”

“That’s Meaty, he’s an old man. Don’t worry about him.” Rob assured, glancing back towards Drama who had crossed his arms in frustration.

Following Drama towards his office, Rob turned again towards Lavine holding the wiggling puppy. Taking a few steps backwards, he cuffed his hands to his mouth and announced,

“I’ll get the T-Rex once I’m done with this!”

“Ok!”, Lavine replied, placing the dog on the ground and watching them approach her in curiosity.

Sighing in happiness, Rob followed Drama past the glass doors and into his office. The door abruptly shut behind him, followed by the click of the lock.

“Rob, you’ve got to stop bringing all these girls over. They‘re leaving stuff all over the…”

“She’s not just ‘a girl’, she’s Lavine. She’s Sparrow.” Rob interrupted, pointing towards his cousin, calling his fault as he sunk into the chair behind his wooden desk.

“I still don’t know who the hell this Lavine is. Should I?”

Spinning idly in his seat, Rob crossed his arms behind his head and looked out at her. She was laughing like a child as the dogs crawled about her, licking her face. Locking a glance back towards Drama, he shot him a sympathetic look and proceeded to explain.

“I grew up with her, doubt you’d remember her or if you ever met her. She was my best friend before I left for Hollywood.”

“And you left her.” Drama stated, concealing his wonder as a question.

“And I left her…” Rob nodded, exhaling in a past regret, “I left her under a street sign in the middle of the fuckin’ night.”

“…She seems nice. I’d be a change for you.”

Instantly falling into defense, Rob snapped his eyes glared towards his cousin, shooting discontent through his bones. Catching his rage, Drama distanced himself and looked over his shoulder at her in the main building.

“What?” Rob asked, rising to his feet, almost taking offense to his comment. Proceeding to travel quickly towards the door, he broke his conversation, “I‘m not with her, if that‘s what your gettin‘ at. We just met up when I was skating on Hollywood. Dirty girls till death. She ain‘t dirty, she‘s not even scuffed.”

“You know, chasing after a good girl wouldn’t hurt.”

“I’m not taking relationship advice from you.” Rob scoffed, walking out into the factory and shutting the door in front of him.

“When has Drama ever been right anyway…”
♠ ♠ ♠
Wise words of Drama.
And I went totally picture crazy on this one. I can't help it, the Fantasy Factory looks so damn killer :D

Comments = faster updates <3