Status: HIATUS - Thank you, thank you, thank you so much for those of you who are commenting or are still subscribed! I love you all for this :D

The Rebound Curse

04

“Wake up!” I yelled towards the lump on the bed. Foe groaned under her blankets but remained where she was.

“Foe, get up. Don’t be late for the first day of school,” I scolded as I slipped on my black, knee length pencil skirt. She groaned once more before throwing the blanket off herself. She rubbed her eyes and got up. Not even greeting or looking at me, she stumbled to the bathroom, discarding her pajama shorts on her way. I sighed and walked back to my closet to get a shirt.

I picked out a random red blouse and buttoned it and left the top three open. I looked at my hair in the mirror. Today, it decided to be silky, wavy on its own. I quickly secured a diamond necklace that Grandma sent over. Then I put on my Guess watch and fixed my makeup. After that, I power walked to my closet again and got out my Nine West red pumps. Holding it in my hand, I snatched my Louis Vuitton purse and my work binder, before walking into the kitchen. I dropped my stuff on the counter and glanced at the clock. I had more than enough time to make breakfast for Foe.

Just when I placed Foe’s plate of cheese omelet, sausages, toast, and orange juice, Foe herself walked out of her bedroom, her messenger bag on her shoulder. She dropped it on top of my stuff and I involuntarily winced as I heard a crack. She didn’t say anything except for seating herself across from me.

We ate in silence and I couldn’t help but look at what she was wearing. I had to give kudos to whoever designed the school uniform, it looked cute. She was wearing a short sleeved, collared, white shirt that was buttoned all the way under black, wool, tank vest. A red tie was tucked in between. The skirt was a little too short for my liking but it worked. It was a red plaid skirt that came a little over her mid thigh. She wore long white socks that went over her knee cap, her own idea. Her black flats were rested next to my pumps near the door.

Her hair was flat and straight today. She usually left it poofy to get the ‘emo’, ‘punk’ look that I’ve seen on her and other teenage girls. Her bangs were straight across and covered her whole forehead. Her eyes only had a little bit of eyeliner, making her luminous green eyes stand out.

Foe left for school first. Fortunately, she made a friend during the summer, Abby. They already looked like possible best friends. Abby and Foe had already planned to walk to school every day, using subways and buses, and Foe had reluctantly asked me for permission to go the mall afterwards. I had let her.

When I was done washing the dishes, I realized I was already five minutes. I hurriedly slipped on my shoes and grabbed my stuff before dashing to work.

ImageImageImageImage

“Good morning, Miss Parker,” Lucy greeted me on the front desk. I waved to her with a huge smile as my secretary, Eric, rushed to me.

“Late again,” he mumbled as he took my stuff. I shrugged and walked to my office. He babbled about unimportant things behind me, I always ignored him. I think he knew but still couldn’t keep his mouth shut.

I sat on my chair and began organizing my table. Eric set my stuff on the couch. “Anyway,” he took deep breath, “That’s why I don’t want to go out tonight.” I nodded at him silently. He seemed to be happy with my response. “I’ll get your coffee. Oh! And Jackie wants to see you.” Jackie was my boss, but we’re more on the friend side really.

“Hey Elliot,” Jackie reached over to give me a one arm hug, “Have I got a project for you!”

I sat across from her and later was handed a thick binder. “If you take this and do an excellent job at it, I’ll make you my partner.” My jaw literally dropped.

“Seriously?!” I squeaked.

She nodded happily. “What do you say, Parker? Take the job?”

“Hell yes!” I shrieked in bliss. I practically threw myself across the table to hug her.

She laughed softly. “They want to meet with you and talk about the wedding right after lunch, kay?” I nodded vigorously with big wide eyes.

I think I might’ve skipped all the way to my office, hugging and greeting random people in the way. Inside, Eric was standing in front of my desk with my Starbucks coffee and bouquet of flowers.

“You knew?” I asked as I took the flowers. He rolled his eyes.

“Well, duh. I even finished the research about the family you’re planning the wedding for. Very powerful and rich family for both the bride and the groom, by the way.” He informed me.

“The bride’s parents died a long time ago so her brother will be paying for everything. I’ve seen the family a couple of times. The women are just simply gorgeous and the men are, well, I don’t wanna say hot because that would sound weird, but you know what I mean.”

I had later called Lilly and Gabe about the promotion that I will probably get. I mean, I am the best wedding planner in New York City.

ImageImageImageImage

Eric and I walked to the BLJ Cooperation, it was where the wedding will also be.

“Hello. We’re from the Wedding Favors Company. This is the wedding planner, Elliot Parker, and I’m her secretary, Eric Gore.” The front desk woman looked slowly from Eric to me.

“Turn left to the elevators and go on the fifty ninth floor,” she said nasally.

We did as we were told and once the elevator door opened to the fifty ninth floor, red curls greeted us with a hug.

“You must be the wedding planners!” she screamed excitedly. Eric pushed her away softly with a scared expression.

“I’m Bella!” Ah, so she was the bride.

“Nice to meet you. This is Eric and I am-”

“Aaron! They’re here!” she shrieked. I jumped up at the pitch. A couple of seconds later, I saw a man walking towards us. It was the exact person from the airport!

Aaron, or the groom, did a double take and stared at me with wide eyes. Bella ran to Aaron and hugged him tightly. He smiled at her lovingly and returned the hug. After that, Bella ran towards us and dragged us into the room.

Eric shook hands with Aaron and they waited expectantly for me to do the same. “Uh, I’m Elliot Parker.” Both Bella and Aaron stared at me with unbelieving eyes.

“I knew it!” Aaron yelled, “You’re Noah’s girlfriend from high school!” he pointed a finger at me like I was accused. My lips went dry and everything began to click.

“I’m Noah’s best mate! And remember Bella? Bella Jackson? Noah’s sister?” Eric looked back and forth between the three of us. All of a sudden, Bella threw herself at me. At first I thought she was going to slap me for cheating on her brother with her other brother but instead, she hugged me. I stumbled backward and hit something hard behind me.

“Oh my gosh, Elle! I missed you so much!” I had a hard time breathing as she squeezed me harder.

“Calm down, Bell. You don’t want to scare her away now,” a deep chuckle vibrated behind me. Aaron quickly pulled away the clingy Bell from me. I turned around to face whoever was behind me.

The atmosphere around seemed to get a whole lot thicker. Even without Bella’s hugging, I found myself not breathing.

“Ellie?” the same deep voice asked, his voice held confusion and a little bit of anger.

My green eyes met his dark orbs.

“Noah,” I breathed.
♠ ♠ ♠
I like this chapter :D
Comments would make my day!
<3