What's The Name Of The Game

I've Seen It On All Those Survival Shows

A couple hours later Tianna woke up and glanced around the room. She had forgotten where she was momentarily, but when she saw all the hockey stuff around the room she realized she was either in Jon or Pat’s room. She got up and examined the room more closely, and the pictures scattered around indicated it was the taller man’s room. Tianna felt her cheeks heat up from being in Jonathan Toews’ bed, and she almost had half a mind to hop right back in. Instead she walked out of the room and into the living room, where the other three were watching TV. Kara and Patrick were spread out on the couch, taking up the whole thing, and Jon sat on the loveseat.

“Hey,” she sounded, causing them to glance at her. Pat and Jon nodded at her and Kara smiled.

“Hey, good nap?” Kara asked.

“Yeah, I guess I was more worn out than I originally thought,” she said, yawning.

“Apparently you’re still worn out,” Patrick remarked. Tianna just smiled. “Come sit with us. We have to talk about dinner and stuff. You hungry?” While Patrick was speaking her eyes darted around the room for somewhere to sit, but the only spots available were either the floor or next to Jon on the loveseat.

She opted for the floor.

“Yeah, starving,” she replied. The four of them ended up ordering a pizza. While they were waiting for their food to arrive, they all had a colorful discussion. Tianna and Jon began to butt heads again, and soon enough they were back to disliking each other.

“Will you guys knock it off? Jeez,” Kara scolded them. Jon and Tianna sent each other one last lingering glare before turning their attention somewhere else. The doorbell rang right after, and Jon got the door while Pat helped him with everything. The boys brought back the food and drinks and passed paper plates stuff. Everyone got settled back in and Pat suggested a scary movie. Everyone agreed except Tianna.

“Aw, come on Bagsy! It’s just a movie,” Patrick whined.

“Watch whatever you want PK. If you watch something scary I’m going in another room,” she told him, getting up. “Really, it’s fine.” She walked with her food toward the kitchen.

“Tianna ,” Patrick called out to her. She turned around but Jon cut off whatever Pat was going to say.

“Just let her go Kaner. No one wants her in here anyways if she’s gonna be like that,” he said. Tianna just turned around and went into the kitchen, sitting at the table. She heard them start the movie soon after, and tried to drown out the creepy noises. She ate her food alone, wondering where she was going to sleep that night. Meanwhile, in the living room, Kara , Pat and Jon were all eating their food and watching the movie. Every so often Jon would feel eyes on him, and Pat and Kara would be glaring at him. After about the 20th time, he snapped. “What?!”

“You’re being a dick, man,” Patrick accused. Jon rolled his eyes.

“Whatever, it’s not like its not warranted,” Jonathan replied.

“Will you please just go get her? I feel bad making her eat by herself in the kitchen,” Pat requested.

“Why me? And besides she wants to be in there,” Jon responded.

“You have to get her because you’re the one who chased her out of here,” Kara answered.

“No, she’s the one who left because she didn’t want to watch the movie,” Jon rebutted.

“No, she left because she doesn’t like watching scary movies alone,” Kara countered.

“She wouldn’t be alone,” Jon said, confused.

“She would have been on the floor alone. She doesn’t like watching scary movies without being really close to someone. And obviously you made it clear she couldn’t come near you,” Kara told him.

“That’s the stupidest thing I ever heard,” Jon muttered.

“You know what, let’s just forget it,” Patrick said, turning the movie off. “We’ll just watch regular TV. Will you at least go get her?”

“Why me??” Jon sighed, exasperated. Pat and Kara just glared, so he grabbed his empty plate and made his way into the kitchen. He pushed the swinging door open hard, startling Tianna.

“Hey,” she greeted. He just glared back, throwing his garbage away.

“You can come back,” he told her. “We aren’t watching that movie anymore.”

“Why not?” She asked, curious.

“Because Patrick’s catering to his princess of a cousin,” Jon said, walking back out. Tianna sighed, throwing her own garbage away and walking back out of the kitchen as well.

“Hey,” Kara and Patrick greeted at the same time. Tianna just smiled back.

“Goodnight,” Jon said, walking toward his room.

“Goodnight? What do you mean goodnight?” Pat asked his teammate.

“I’m tired,” Jon shrugged, disappearing into his room. Tianna grabbed her bag and walked to the bathroom.

“I’m just gonna go get comfy,” she told them. They nodded and Tianna went into the bathroom. She washed her face and brushed her teeth, and then changed into her pajamas. She emerged a few moments later and plopped down onto the loveseat, making herself comfortable. She talked with Pat and Kara for a while, before they decided to go to bed a few hours later. They disappeared into Pat’s room, and Tianna sighed at the fact that she would, in fact, be sleeping on the couch.

She pulled the blanket that was on the back of the loveseat over her, but she was still cold. She was always cold, something that has been that way for as long as she could remember. She tried watching TV for a while, but she soon gave up and just flipped it off. She closed her eyes, willing sleep to come.

Jon laid restless in his bed as well, after a quick shower. He could smell Tianna’s shampoo all over his pillows and her scent was taunting him. He reached over to his bedside table to grab his water bottle, but soon realized he hadn’t grabbed one. He threw the covers off him and got up, thankful for an excuse to busy himself with something. He walked out of his room and journeyed to the kitchen. On his way back he passed the living room, and noticed Tianna hunched up on the loveseat sleeping.

“Nice, Pat,” he muttered to himself, thinking about how Patrick just left his cousin hanging. She had a blanket wrapped tightly around her but it was obvious she wasn’t warm. He sighed and tried telling himself not to do what he was about to do. However, his body didn’t respond and it carried on with its task. He squatted next to Tianna and shook her shoulder lightly. “Tia,” he said softly, trying to wake her up.

“Hm?” She sounded, trying to open her tired eyes. Jon chuckled and brushed her bangs out of her face. “Jon?”

“Yeah. C’mon,” he said, standing up and towering over her. He held out his hand for her to take.

“What?” She asked groggily, sitting up with the blanket around her still. “What time is it?”

“It’s like 2:30 AM. C’mon,” he reiterated.

“C’mon where?” She asked, glancing at his outstretched hand before looking back at his face.

“To my room,” he answered. “So you can sleep in an actual bed.” As he finished his statement he glared at Pat’s closed bedroom door. Tianna laughed lightly.

“It’s okay,” she assured. “I told you I was fine with the couch.”

“And I told you,” he said, grabbing her and throwing her over his shoulder, “You aren’t going to be sleeping on the couch.”

“Loveseat then,” she giggled.

“Shut up, smartass,” he teased back, pinching her side. He wasn’t sure how things could go from so hostile to flirty in such short amounts of time, but he didn’t care. Without warning he picked her up and carried her back to his room and shut the door. He flung her on the bed, causing her to laugh, and walked toward the light switch to flip it off. He walked back over to the bed, where Tianna had already crawled under the covers. She shivered a little, but then sighed contentedly. “You cold?” Jon said, crawling in bed next to her. Tianna couldn’t help but notice he was only wearing sweatpants, and she admired the way his muscles rippled every time he moved.

“I was, but I think I should be good now,” she smiled, pulling the covers up to her chin.

“You think?” Jon smiled. She turned her head and smiled at him, discreetly looking at his bicep that was flexed due to him leaning on his elbow and looking down at her.

“Yeah, I get cold really easy,” she shrugged, thankful that there wasn’t enough light in the room to show her blush. “That’s why I love summer so much.”

“A girl who loves hockey but hates the cold? That’s a new one,” he smirked. Tianna smacked his chest lightly but before she could retract her hand he grabbed it with his own. “Holy shit,” he said, feeling her fingers and looking at them.

“What?” She asked worriedly, afraid something was wrong with her hand. She leaned up slightly to have her own look.

“You weren’t kidding about getting cold. Your hands are like ice,” Jon said, clasping her hand within his own.

“Not just my hands,” she said, rubbing her foot against his leg. He jumped slightly upon feeling her ice cold skin.

“Jesus Christ,” he remarked, lifting up the covers to look. As if that was going to do anything. “Are you even still alive?” He exclaimed. This sent Tianna into a fit of laughter as she tried to pull the covers back down.

“Jon put them back! I’m cold!” she exclaimed. Suddenly he grabbed the covers and tuned over, kneeling on the bed with the covers wrapped around his shoulders. Then he laid down on his stomach, but was on top of Tianna. “What are you doing??”

“You’re going to get hypothermia unless I heat you with my body,” he smiled. “I’ve seen it on all those survival shows.” She began to laugh, an the shaking of her body caused Jon to laugh, which in turn made Tianna laugh harder, until, they both couldn’t breathe.

They eventually settled down, but Jon didn’t move form his position. His breath was ticking Tianna’s neck, but she liked it. Soon she felt his breath begin to steady, and she realized he was asleep. She followed suit soon after, not able to wipe the smile off her face.
♠ ♠ ♠
i'm getting this story out faster than I thought I would =)