The Kidnapping Of Marshall Freedmont

The Kidnapping of Marshall Freedmont Chapter 5

Back on the ground, at the college… Randi and Marshall were still arguing, when Crystal came back to give Marshall the note. “Hey Marshall! This is for you!” Crystal shouted at him offering him the envelope.

“What is it?” He asked looking at it. It had no address, no name, except his own. What was this? He thought, slowly opening it. His heart sank when he saw Ansilie’s ring. “Oh, crap.” He moaned.

“What?” Randi asked, looking over his shoulder. “What is it…? Oh… Oh my!” She gasped, seeing the ring. “She’s gone isn’t she? Did she kill herself? Or just run away?” she asked.

“I… I don’t know.” Marshall said softly, standing there too stunned to speak.

“Well, read the note!” Randi growled urgently. Marshall quickly complied. Randi read over his shoulder. It said:

Marshall,

I have to go. I’m afraid of you. You’ve already hurt my heart too many times to count, but if I stay I fear you may cause me physical harm… Again… And I fear that maybe somewhere deep down it may hurt you emotionally if you were to hurt me… Maybe I’m wrong. But I love you and I had hoped you might love me too, but I’ve come to realize that when you said you loved me you lied… Or maybe you think you love me but you don’t know how… Or I don’t know some thing. I do love you, I’m just afraid if I stay it’ll lead to both of our demise. Here are your rings. I’ll find a way to send you the papers for our divorce, don’t worry about me… I’ll be fine. Please tell Randi and the others that I’m dropping out and that I’ll be in touch with them. I will not be back at S N U. Ever.

Goodbye,

Ansilie.

“Oh no Ansilie! Crystal, Where did she go?!” Marshall shouted after her. “Is she okay?” But Crystal had already walked away. Marshall ran after her, and asked her again.

“Oh, she went to the airport.” Crystal said simply. “She was fine when I left her. What was the note about?”

“It said that she was afraid of me and that she wasn’t coming back to S. N. U. Ever. And that she’s divorcing me. That’s about all.” Marshall said softly. “Do you know where she was flying?”

“No… And if she’s afraid of you I can’t see how it would benefit her if I told you where she was going if I did know.” Crystal said softly.

“I guess you’re right.” Marshall said softly. “I would just like to know she’s safe. I wish I hadn’t treated her how I did. I wish I could make it up to her.” He hung his head in shame.

Marshall went around campus finding my friends and telling them that I had left. Many asked why but few got the true story. Marshall only told the true story to my best friends. Many of them beat him for treating me in such a way.

Marshall moped around for a long time, after I left. He ended up leaving S. N. U. as well, he searched for me for a long time, but he never could find me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Will Marshall find Ansilie? What will Ansilie do now?