Status: Complete

New Beginning

Goodbye Vancouver

As I look out at the Chicago skyline from my penthouse suite waiting there was only one thing on my mind....him. Deep in thought I look back to three years before we met. I was a nobody but he was a somebody. Our two worlds collided his world of hockey and fame and mine was just normal and simple.

FLASHBACK

"C'mon babe it was nothing please believe me!" Lucas explained.

"I saw you in BED with your EX! You call that nothing?" I screamed.

"Ella baby why are you making such a big deal outta this? I made a mistake okay." He pleaded.

"First of all im not your baby anymore secondly you're a fucking jerk and lastly im leaving you this time it's for good!"

I grabbed all my stuff from his apartment and left in tears. I still couldn't believe he cheated on me again. I knew I needed a fresh start. Everything in Vancouver reminded me of him, too many bad memories. But where would I go? I lost most of my friends when I was dating Lucas since they didn't like him there was only one friend I could think of. My friend Ashley moved away to Chicago right after high school to study medicine at the University of Chicago. We still kept in touch and got together every time she was back in Vancouver so I called her and asked if it was okay.

"Hey Ash it's Ella. How are you?"

"I'm great! It's nice to hear from you! What's new?"

"Well I broke up with that asshole Lucas because he cheated on me...again."

"Seriously? What a douche! Im here for you, and if you need anything at all just ask."

"If you say so um... how about a place to stay?"

"You wanna live here in Chicago with me? TOTALLY YES I have a spare room and everything! It's so lonely coming home to an empty apartment. We could party every night. It would be AWESOME!"

"So it's okay that I live with you for a bit? Only until I get myself settled then I'll be out of your hair I just really need a fresh start."

"Yeah no worries take your time, stay as long as you want. So when can you move in?"

"Soon I guess I just have to fix my papers and tell people at work."

"Okay I guess I'll see you soon in Chicago!"

The following day I quit my job as the Vancouver Canucks assistant marketing manager and unofficial cheerleader and bought a plane ticket to Chicago. Saying goodbye to the team was hard I had become such great friends with all of them. Especially with Steve Bernier who had become my unofficial big brother. He was there for me through everything.The team just finished their practice and I said my goodbyes.

"Were going to miss you! Nobody's gonna be here to cheering us on during the 2nd intermission when were losing 3-0." complained Kesler

"I guess were gonna have to turn the radio back on since Ella's not gonna be singing here anymore." said Burrows

"Well I'm gonna miss you guys too. There won't be a line of 20 guys ready to beat up the next guy that breaks my heart in Chicago. So good luck with the rest of the season and I'll be cheering for you guys all the way to the finials!"

"Since you're like out little sister before you go the team put a little something together for you just so you will never forget us." Luongo gave me a hug and handed me a gift.

It was a framed picture of me and the whole team on my birthday a year ago. Around the picture was a personal message from everyone. I didn't know what to say but felt a tear fell down my cheek. Next thing I knew the whole team came around and gave me a big hug. After that the players went off and left the arena. But the last one there was Steve Bernier.

"Ella, are you sure this is what you want?"

"Yes Steve, and its what I need. I want a clean slate."

"Okay I understand. Come to my apartment I have a few things for you before you leave."

As I made my way to his apartment I was thinking about all the good memories I had with Steve. Was it really worth leaving behind? What do I have in Chicago? I was still thinking about everything I would leave behind when I got to his apartment he was already there. When he opened the door I wrapped my arms around him and just started to cry. I couldn't explain what was happening to me. Did I really want to leave? Steve and I talked and after a while I knew I was making the right decision by moving away to Chicago. Before I left Steve handed me something.

"I want you to have this it's just a little something from me before you head off."

"Steve you didn't have to a goodbye hug would of been good enough."

I opened the box in it were two things. There was a collage of every single picture Steve and I took together from the past few years of knowing him from games to practices to parties everything was there. The other gift was a heart pendant with the number 18 engraved on it. 18 was my lucky number and it was his jersey number the number meant a lot to both of us.

"Wow Steve this is really something."

"I want you to always rememeber me. And everything that we did."

"I'll never forget you I promise."
♠ ♠ ♠
My first story. I wasn't even planning on posting it but I got bored.
Tell me what you think.