Status: Complete

New Beginning

Hello Chicago

The next morning Steve was at my door ready to take me to the airport. When I saw him standing there i got the feeling I've never felt before. I felt as if I didn't want to leave him because I saw him as more than a friend. As we drove to the airport I couldn't stop thinking about what if I told him how i felt. I thought to myself he would never like me, I wasn't good enough for him. Little did I know similar things were running thought Steve's head as he was driving. He thought to himself...Should I tell her how I feel? I don't want her to leave. I want her to be more than my friend.

"Finial call for United Airlines flight 157J to Chicago is now boarding."

"I guess this it is Ella."

"I guess it is. Im gonna miss you! I'll call you when I get there. I promise I'll keep in touch and I'll never forget you Steve."

I told him as a tried to hold back my tears...I failed.

"Im gonna miss you more. I love you Ella!"

Steve wished she knew it was more than in a friend way.

"I love you too Steve!"

I wish he knew it was more than in a friend way.

We hugged one last time and we let go and I made my way to the gate. One last glance at him and I wish I had told him how I feel. As he walked away little did I know he regretted not telling me how he felt. I had landed in Chicago I saw Ash right away and ran to her. We both screamed like we've never seen each other in years but really it's only been 5 months. The next few days I got settled in and I started looking for a job. One job caught my attention right away. It was a listing for an assistant marketing advertisement manager for the Chicago Blackhawks. I applied right away and within hours I got a call from the manager.

"Can I please speak with Ella Scott?"

"Yes this is her."

"Well I'm looking at your application right now and it is outstanding with your background education and previous work experience. I have phoned your previous employer and with their great recommendation all I have to say is the Chicago Blackhawks would love to have you work here. How does starting tomorrow at 9 sound?"

"Tomorrow sounds great. I'll be there."

I can't believe I got the job. Not only is it with the Blackhawks one of my favorite teams in the NHL but one player from the team I've had the biggest thing for since his rookie season. He was Jonathan Toews up and coming star of the Chicago Blackhawks and new team captain. I woke up the next morning took a shower did my hair and make-up and I was frantically looking for something nice to wear. Maybe I would meet him, maybe he would notice me. But I was dreaming he would never notice a girl like me. He could have any girl he wanted, why would he want me? Ugh whatever! Plus, I can't have a guy distract me from my job. I didn't come to Chicago looking for a guy, I was here for a new start. I entered the arena looking for my new office. I found my boss and right away I was put to work. I had to watch the practice and see who could film a new team commercial. Finding the ice was difficult. As I was walking, I was reading the player criteria for the commercial then I stopped as it felt like I crashed into a wall.

"Oh I'm so sorry I wasn't looking at where I was going." he said

"It's my fault sorry."

I went down to pick up my stuff. He was nice enough to help me. I got up and looked at this guy. It was HIM. I swear I turned right away.

"I'm Jonathan Toews by the way. I haven't seen you around here before."

"I'm Ella Scott. I'm new here, I just got hired it's my first day. Thanks for helping me."

"It's the least I could do. I pretty much knocked you over."

A whistle blew

"Well I gotta go to practice. I guess I'll see you around."

I could not believe I met him but I made a complete fool of myself. I took a seat near the ice and started to evaluate each player but when he stepped on to the ice I could only look at him and nobody else. In the end I chose him and Adam Burish for the commercial. Hopefully I made the right choice. I walked back to my office and on my way I bumped into someone...again.

"Fuck not again that's the second time today." I cursed

"Ella you okay?"

Crap I recognized the voice. It was him. I could feel my cheeks burn up. This was embarrassing.

"Yeah I'm fine just a little nervous on the first day that's all."

Okay. Anyway why is my name written down on your paper?"

"Oh um...well its for this thing I had to watch the practice and chose players for a commercial."

"Really now? I made that much of an impression on you."

"Yes you did it's not everyday I get run over twice by the same person."

He just laughed and started to blush. Omg I can't believe I was flirting with him. Snap out of it but he has such gorgeous brown eyes. NO! I can't not now not ever!

"I gotta get back to work. I'll see you around Jonathan."

"You can call me Jon. I'll see you later."

I walked away with the biggest smile on my face. I gave my boss my evaluation and he completely agreed with me. Thank God! Days went by and he was always on my mind. But I had to stop all of this besides he probably has a girlfriend. How could a guy as good looking as him be single? I saw him everyday and the whole team as well. At the end of my first week I got a knock on my door.It was Jon.

"Ella how's the new job going so far?"

"Great. But I'm still learning a few new things though."

"Cool. Um me and a few of the guys are going out tonight I was wondering, do you wanna go tonight?"

"Yeah that sounds great I need a night out!"

"Okay I'll pick you up at 7 is that okay?"

"Yup 7 is fine."

"Where is your place again?"

"Oh yeah it's suite # 35 at 2275 Riley Street. It's only a few minutes from here."

"Are you kidding me? I live there too! See you at 7."

"See you then!"

I went home and told Ashley what had happened.

"WHAT!!?!? OMG NO WAY!! Jonathan Toews asked if you wanted to hang out tonight?"

"Yeah but calm down he asked as a friend he probably just feels really bad for me or something. He's coming by at 7 to pick me up. oh Did you know he lives on the floor right above us?"

"Really? Ella what the hell are you waiting for? It's 5:30 you only have an hour and a half to look HOT!"

I took a quick shower, put on my night time make-up, curled my hair to get some volume and slipped on my little black dress with a pair of heels. I heard a knock on the door. My heart started to beat faster, I started to get nervous. I could her Ash greet Jon and invited him. I made my way out my door I got closer and closer to him then he turned around. He looked amazing in his dark wash jeans and dress shirt un-tucked and top two buttons un-done. Damn he was HOT! He just looked at me.

"Wow you look beautiful Ella."

"You don't look too bad yourself Jon."

"Are you ready for a fun night?"

"Yeah!"
"Let's go! Nice meeting you Ashley and don't worry I'll have her home by curfew."

He laughed and lead me out the door. We made our way to his car. On the way to the club it was pretty silent with a few word here and there. Until my favorite song came on the radio. It was Crush by David Archuleta. I couldn't resist, I had to sing along even if I sounded horrible.

"Why do I keep running from the truth? All I ever think about is you. You got me hypnotized so mesmorized and I just got to know do you ever think when were all alone..."

"Wow Ella I'm impressed. Has anyone ever told you that you have an amazing voice?"

"Um yeah...when I was in Vancouver the whole team always said that to me but I never believed them. I always thought they were joking."

"No they're not. You actually have a beautiful voice to match that beautiful face." What did he just say to me?

"Thanks Jon! That means a lot coming from you." Shit did I just say that?

I was attempting to get out of his car but my seatbelt was stuck. He leaned over and tried to help me. Our faces were only a few centimeters apart. Next thing I knew the space between us was gone. He was kissing me and I was kissing him back. He pulled away.

"Wow that was amazing. I'm sorry that came out of nowhere." He said.

I pulled him back in. A few seconds later I let out a small laugh.

"What?"

"My seatbelt is off." We both laughed.

We got to the club and I got introduced to the other guys. Adam Burish, Patrick Sharp, Brent Seabrook and of course Jon's partner in crime Pat Kane. They were all very nice. As the night went on we all danced and I got to know each of them more. They also got to know me. It got late most of the guys had left excapt for Jon and Pat. I went to the bar to get another drink. Then my phone vibrated I looked at the screen to see who it was. It was Steve!