Status: Complete

New Beginning

A Lot Can Happen In One Night

“Nothing happened okay. He just took me to his place because I was really drunk. Then I woke up this morning we talked and now we have everything out in the open between us.”

“Does that mean you guys are together now?”

“I guess. He did invite me to watch his game tonight.”

“Okay. Um just wondering why are you in his clothes?”

“Omg Ashley! We kissed but I didn’t sleep with him okay! We slept in the same bed yes I woke up in his arms and nothing more. He gave me this to wear so I could be more comfortable. Does that answer your question?”

“Hahah okay just making sure.”

A few hours later I was getting ready for the game there was a knock on the door.

“A delivery for Miss. Ella Scott.”

I wonder who it was from. I opened the box there was a note.

“Wear this tonight I know you’ll look good in my colours. Love, Jon.”

I looked deeper in the box. There was a Chicago Blackhawks jersey with Jons name and number on it. I put it on right away and it fit me perfectly.”

“Ella who knows someday that could be your last name.”

“Haha yeah sure Ash. I haven’t even been going out with the guy for a full day and you’re already talking about marriage.”

“I’m just saying it could happen.”

It was 5:30 there was a knock. It was Jon right on time.

“I told you that you would look perfect in my colours! It even looks better on you than it does on me!”

“Thanks. But you really didn’t have to get it for me.”

“Yeah right. What kind of boyfriend would I be if I couldn’t even get my girlfriend my own jersey?”

“Okay if you say so. By the way, I like the way it sounded when you called me your girlfriend. I gotta get used to that.”

He drove to the arena. We talked the whole time mostly about friends, family and Chicago. He held my hand the whole time. So much for two hands on the wheel. We got to the arena I was getting out of the car then he pulled me towards him and said

“Ella Scott I love you more than anything in the world.”

Right after that he kissed me. I’ve never felt so much passion in a kiss before.

“I love you too Jonathan Toews more than you could ever imagine.”

“Can I introduce you to the guys as my girlfriend tonight? I want them to know I’ve met the woman of my dreams they are like my family it would mean a lot.”

“Of course you can. I want them to know I’ve met the man of my dreams.”

We walked into the locker room there weren’t many guys in there. I saw Pat, Brent, and Adam but I’ve already met them. I was worried about meeting the rest of the team because they were like his family. What if they don’t like me? I know their opinions matter to Jon. As time went by more of the team came in, they walked by Jon’s locker just staring at me all I could do was smile back. Jon noticed I was getting anxious.

“Hey baby relax breathe don’t worry they’ll love you.”

“Are you going to tell the guys now?”

“Tell us what?” Pat asked as he was listening into our conversation

This got the attention of all the guys in the room and all eyes were on Jon and me. Jon grabbed my hand and we stood up he put his arm around me and started talking.

“Guys I just have a little announcement to make, since you guys are like my brothers I just want you to me a very special person in my life, my girlfriend Ella, she’s everything I could ever wish for. You may have seen her around the arena maybe not but she currently works up in marketing and she just moved here from Vancouver.”

“Hi! Nice to meet you all.”

“Awww our own little Tazer is growing up, finding the right girl.” That was Brian Campbell.

Tazer was his nickname on the team. Most of them have one like Kaner for Patrick Kane and Seabs for Brent Seabrook. It was almost game time.

“You better go to your seat now.”

“Okay. Good luck tonight I’ll be watching you! Score a goal for me baby!”

“I will. Are you gonna give me a good luck kiss now?”

“Of course I would never forget that.” He pulled me towards him.

“Hahah Tazer get a room or keep it PG!”

“Zip it Sharpie! Your just jealous!” He kissed me again and ignored Patrick Sharp’s comment.

“I gotta go to my seat now! Bye! Score a goal for me!”

The United Center was packed with fans. I saw so many signs mostly from girls saying I <3 Kane or I <3 Toews. Some girls even had marriage proposals MARRY ME KANE! Or MARRY ME TOEWS! I simply ignored them because I knew he was with me. A group of girls a few rows behind me were definitely not dressed for a hockey game it looked like they were going to a club. They pretty much painted their faces with 10 layers of make-up and dressed as if they were Malibu Barbie. They were obviously only there to look at the guys typical puck bunnies. The game was under way and my eyes never left Jon when he was on the ice. When he got checked into the boards I felt uneasy I thought he could get hurt really badly thank god that wasn’t the case. Jon was on a 2 on 1 breakaway with Kane they skated quickly towards me Jon passed it off then he got it again he looked up at me then took a wrist shot from the left and the puck went in! He looked at me and smiled I smiled back at that moment I felt like the luckiest girl in the arena. All the guys crowded around to congratulate him but he was still looking at me. The girls behind me were talking really loudly.

“Like OMFG Jonathan Toews was totally looking at me!”

“Like NO WAY! He was totally smiling at me he can see my hotness from here!”

I wanted to turn around and slap their faces so they can get back to reality because he was definitely not looking or smiling at them. It was me he was looking and smiling at. But it was more fun listening to them think they’re all that. The game ended with Chicago winning 4-1. Not only did Jon score a goal, he scored three another career hat-trick for him. I made my way to the locker room but before I did I just had to say something to the puck bunnies.

“If you want these hockey players to take you seriously maybe you shouldn’t dress like a stripper to a hockey game. Oh and maybe consider peeling off that mask you call make-up because we can all see past it.”

“Who the hell are you?”

“A girlfriend of one of the players who I actually care about and love not just because of his good looks fame or money.”

“Yeah right like I’m going to believe you.”

“I don’t give a shit if you don’t believe me.”

Then I see a familiar face come towards us it was the team bodyguard.

“Hey Ella you can go the the locker room now it’s all clear.”

“Hahaha believe me now?” Her jaw dropped leaving her and her posse speechless.

“I thought so” I mocked them. I walked away with the biggest smile on my face a made my way to the locker room to see Jon.