Status: Complete

New Beginning

The Start of Something

"Omg Steve! I miss you! How are you?"

"Ella I miss you too! It's not the same around here. The guys miss you too! How's Chicago and everything?"

"It's great! I love it here. I got a job with the Chicago Blackhawks but don't worry I'm still a Vancouver fan. But you will not believe who I'm with tonight...Jonathan Toews were at a club he's a really nice guy."

"Ella listen, do you remember my friend Nikki from Quebec?"

"Yeah what about her?"

"Well she's back in my life again. This time she's more than a friend, she's my girlfriend now."

Why was he telling me this? Was he trying to make me feel bad or something?

"I really want you to meet her. She's a very important person in my life now. Next time you come to Vancouver we should get together."

"Okay Steve um I gotta go. I'll talk to you again. Bye!"

I hung up right away. I don't know why i was so jealous. Then it hit me. Steve had never really had a girl in his life. I was the only girl he had. I have to live with the fact that I can't be the only girl in his life forever. I looked out at the crowd searching for Pat or Jon. Then I saw Jon with some blonde girl completely wrapped around him. I felt sick like someone had punched me in the stomach. I can't believe I thought I had a chance with Jonathan Toews guess not. I kept looking at them when our eyes met I walked out of the club he followed me out.

"Hey Ella are you okay."

"Yeah I'm FINE! I just wanna go home!"

"Okay I'll take you home."

"Don't you have to say goodbye to your little blonde friend in there?"

"What?"

"NEVERMIND!"

When I got home I went straight to my room ignoring everything Ashley said to me. I pretty much locked myself in my room the rest of the weekend. Then Monday came along great back to work!I ignored Jon on my way to work there was no way I would talk to him. The week went on and I kept on ignoring him and avoiding him at work but the more I ignored him the more I was falling in love with him. I hated that feeling. Friday Ashley gave me a call.

"Ella wanna go out tonight? There's a new club downtown. Only if your up for it though."

"Okay I'm up for it."

"I'll pick you up in like 20 minutes. Let's be a bit early so we don't have to wait in the line."

"Okay see you in 20."

We got to the club and it was packed. Of course the first thing we do is check out a few hotties and they were totally checking us out. I looked around for anymore hotties. I saw one guy he was so fricking hot. I kept my eyes on him then I realized it was Jon. Then a guy came up to me.

"Hey there pretty lady. Can I buy you a drink?"

"Sure why not. Can I get a shot of tequila?"

"Goin for the good stuff right away. What's your name beautiful?"

"Ella. You?"

"Ethan. Do you wanna dance?"

"Okay!" He was hot so why not?

Ethan and I made our way to the dance floor. It only took a matter of seconds before he was all over me his hand was making its way up and down my dress every once in a while. What we were doing I don't even think it was considered dancing or grinding. We got a few whistles here and there from people. We went back to the bar for a few shots. A few shots turned into 6 plus 2 bottles of Smirnoff. I was completely drunk I didn't know where Ashley was she probably ran off with another guy typical Ashley. Ethan kept on touching me and kissing me. He was a really good kisser though so I totally didn't mind. I was to drunk to stop him.

"Heyyy bbarrtender can I-I ggget another shhhot?" I slured everything I said.

"Ella stop this right now!"

It was Jon's voice. I knew it was him.

"Who the fuck are you?" Ethan asked.

"I'm her boyfriend!"

"Oh shit."

"Oh shit is right buddy."

"You're not my fucking boyfriend. Get away don't you have a blondie to be all over?"

"Ella just stop."

He lifted me up and put me over his shoulder. I passed out. The next thing I knew Jon was putting me down on a bed. He probably thought I was sleeping because he said a few things to me.

"Why haven't you been talking to me? I missed seeing you at the arena. When I saw that guy all over you, I felt so angry. I didn't know what to do I was so angry because he wasn't treating you with the respect you deserve and I was so jealous because you were with another guy. Not that it even matters since I'm not even with you but it really hurt me when I saw you with him. I haven't stopped thinking about you since the night we kissed I'm falling in love with you."

He kissed my cheek and walked away. Right then I felt a tear drop. If he was thinking about me then why was he with that blonde girl at the club? I fell asleep. The next morning I woke up my head was resting on Jon's chest and his arms were wrapped around me our hands laced together. I'm pretty sure we were in his room. I tried to get up. Ouch my head stupid hangover.

"Go back to sleep Ella it's still early and it's a bad hangover."

"Haha shattup!"

I guess he was right and I didn't wanna leave his arms I felt all warm and secure. A few hours later we decided to get up and make something to eat. He had practice in a few hours and a game later tonight.

"What do you want to eat? Anything in particular?"

"Wow a man who can cook. Um surprise me!"

"Okay. Oh let me get you something a little bit more comfortable to wear."

I was still in my clothes from last night. He gave me a pair of sweat pants and a Jonathan Toews t-shirt. It smelled so good and it fit me very nicely. He made pancakes and they were delicious I definitely didn't expect them to be so good!

"Im so full. Pancakes were good."

"My specialty.The guys always make fun if me because I cook."

"I love guys who can cook it's a total plus."

I got up took our plates to the sink and washed them. I was drying my hands when I felt his hands on my waist. I turned around and he kissed me. Then he said

"Can you give me a chance? I'm falling for you more and more each day, I wanna be with you and only you. Can I prove to you that I'm falling in love with you?"
"From the moment I met you were on my mind and you hanv't left since, I want you in my life and I'm falling in love with you too."

"I gotta go to practice now but do you wanna go to my game tonight? It'll be fun I promise"

"Of course I would. I wouldn't miss it for the world."

"I'll pick you up at 5:30."

He kissed me and I left his apartment in his clothes. He probably won't be seeing his shirt or sweats ever again. I got to my apartment and Ashley was sitting on the couch eating and watching TV.

"Ella what the hell happened to you last night? I see you all touchy and cozy with a hot guy the next thing I saw Jon carry you out of the club. Omg you're wearing his clothes does that mean... What did you guys do?!?! Tell me woman! I wanna know everything!"

"Hold it there. I have a policy here where I don't kiss and tell."

"Are you serious? Tell me please!!"