Status: Complete

New Beginning

I Know Who I Want

"You don't look too bad in those Steve. Last night was amazing."

"Will you give us a chance? I know it might be too soon but we've known each other for a long time but it we're meant to be we're meant to be no matter the situation."

"Im just scared Steve I don't want to hurt you but I want to be with you."

"Will you give us a shot Ella? Please? If things don't work out we will always be friends I will always love you Ella Scott no matter what."

"I guess we can make it work. But how is that possible when i'm here and your in Vancouver?"

"I'll be here for another week. The guys start in Toronto for an Eastern road trip for almost a month then they come back up here and play the last road trip game before going back to Vancouver. We can meet up with the team in Toronto and you can travel with us. The guys wouldn't mind they would love it they miss you so much!"

"Sounds good! Can't wait!"

As much as I was happy with Steve I still couldn't forget Jon I still loved him so much even after what he did to me but I knew Steve could never hurt me like Jon. I'd rather be with someone who wouldn't hurt me than be with someone might hurt me even if I was happier with that person. I loved Steve too but with Jon there was more passion there was something different. The trip ended in Chicago meaning I had to go back to the arena. Which I wasn't looking forward to.

"Ella you okay? You seem kind of distracted lately. What's wrong?"

"Oh nothing I'm fine don't worry just focus on your game tonight."

"You're lying. It's Jon isn't it?"

"Ummm.....maybe.....yes."

"I'm here for you don't even forget that."

I couldn't hurt Steve I couldn't tell him the truth that I was still in love with Jon. I always have and I always will be. The game was intense Steve and Jon both scored a goal it was tied the whole game. The game was getting physical most of the guys from Vancouver were rough with Jon checking him into the boards, punching him when there were scrums after the whistle. They were all very angry at Jon after finding out what he had done to me. Especially Shane O'Brien. He was another close friend of mine he was one of the new guys on the team we got along really well. He was also the NHL's leading player when it came to penalty minutes. I was kind of worried about that. Jon was skating down the ice with the puck out of nowhere Shane comes and checks him into the boards. There was no call it was a clean hit. The crowed boo-ed Shane and he got a few punches causing a whistle and a scrum again. Jon was slow to get up I could see him cringe in pain favoring his left arm he went straight to the locker room. A part of me was feeling his pain to I wanted to go straight to the locker room to see how he was doing. There was only 2 minutes left in the game it was still tied so I waited till it finished. Chicago ended up winning in over time with a goal from Seabrook at the point. As soon as the buzzer went off I quickly went to see how Jon was doing I don't even know why I was so concerned about him. Walking down the hallway memories of me and Jon kpt coming back everything that we did. Late nights at the arena, him and I in my office after work and even just hanging out with the guys it's like I was walking down memory lane. I guess I was so deep in thought I bumped into someone and dropped my purse in process.

"Oh I'm sorry I wasn't looking where I was going."

The voice sounded familiar but I was too distracted by the items that fell out of my purse when I dropped it. I quickly went down to gather my stuff.

"Oh it's okay I wasn't paying attention myself."

"Ella?"

He said my name and it sent shivers down my spine I could feel my heart beat faster. I bumped into none other than Jonathan Toews history does repeat itself. His arm looked fine, he was just holding a bag of ice in his left arm. We just stood there staring at each other not knowing what to say. So I spoke.

"I'm glad to see you're alright." I gave him a small smile.

"It's nothing I've felt worse." There was another pause.

"How are you doing Jon?"

"I'm okay. How about you?"

"Pretty good I guess same old stuff."

"Good to know. So what brings you back to the arena?"

"I'm just here to visit the Canucks haven't seen them in a long time."

"Ella listen I'm sorry I was..."

"Jon just don't okay? Whats done is done we cant go back in time and change everything."

"Did you quit your job because of me?"

"To be honest with you yes I quit my job because of you. I couldnt go to work everyday with the chance of bumping into you." I felt tears fall down my face.

"I really did hurt didn't I?"

"Yeah you did more than you'll ever know but that was then."

"I still love you Ella Scott that will never change."

He wiped away my tears his touch made me weak but I couldn't give in even if I was still in love with him. I was hapy with Steve he's been nothing but good to me.

"Jon I can't Im sorry" We stood there in silence just looking at each other. I had stopped crying a part of me wanted to tell him that I still loved him and I wanted to be with him. A part of me was still upset with him. The door beside us opened.

"Hey babe sorry we took so long but you can come in now." It was Steve he hugged me and gave me a kiss. He didnt notice Jon. Then he turned around and looked at Jon. Jon spoke.

"I better get going now. Nice talking to you Ella. I'll see you around." his voice was shaky I could tell he was hurt.

"Yeah you too Jon. Bye." I hated seeing him hurt.

Steve and I walked into the room most of the guys were making their way out to the bus. I was still thinking about Jon and the feeling I got when he wiped away my tears, theway we looked at each other everything was still there. After a while it was just Steve and I.

"You look upset Ella something wrong?"

"Oh I'm fine." I lied and he knew

"You still love him don't you?"

"Wh-a What are you talking about? I'm not in love with him!" My voice was shaky

"Don't lie to me or yourself Ella. I saw you two together and its clearly still there what you guys had." I felt a tear roll down my face

"Steve I...I..."

"Shhhh don't cry. I know I love you so much I understand you'll never be as happy with me I don't like seeing you hurt." He held me close.

"Im sorry Steve I tried with everything I had to love you but you're right Im still in love with him but I don't know if he still loves me."

"A part of me knew right away when I saw you guys talking, the passion is still there it doesn't take a genius to see that."

"So what now Steve? What about us?"

"We can still be friends right? Things won't be awkward?"

"Of course were still friends and everything will be back to how they used to be."

"That's what I wanted to hear."

"I guess this is goodbye for now."

"Yeah for now but we'll be back here later in the season and Chicago has a game in Vancouver maybe you can come with them."

"Maybe. Let's head over to the bus I wanna say goodbye to the guys."

Steve grabbed his stuff and we headed out of the arena hand in hand one last time.

"Hey guys um Ella is gonna be leaving us now. She's figured things out with whats his face oh right Jon." He said with a smile.

"Were happy for you Ella! But were gonna miss you." Burrows yelled from the back of the bus.

"Sorry about hitting your lover boy earlier." Shane O'Brien said with a laugh.

"Thanks for a really fun road trip. Your singing and cheers really helped us." That was Luongo.

"Haha funny Shane. Anyway I'm gonna miss you guys again! It's been fun traveling with all of you."

"Bye Ella!" Most of the guys said goodbye.

"Hey Steve thanks for everything. You've been an amazing friend I couldn't of asked for someone better. Trust me who ever you end up with she'll be one very lucky girl "

"You're an amazing friend yourself and Jon is one lucky man."

"That is if he'll take me back."

"Oh trust me he will. He would be stupid not to."

He pulled me into a hug we held each other tight knowing that it will be a while till we meet again. I pulled away and smile. He looked at me, cupped my face with his hands and said.

"Can I one last time?"

"Yeah one last time."

Our lips touched I put my hands around his neck. We pulled away and both smiled. I was walking down the steps from the bus and Steve said.

"I love you Ella Scott!"

"I love you to Steve Bernier!" You could hear the aww-ing from the guys inside the bus.

I was walking back into the arena nervous as ever. This is it Jon can take me back now or never.