Status: Complete

New Beginning

Always By My Side

I was walking to the arena as nervous as ever. I knocked on the door. Pat answered.

"Ella?"

"Hey Pat is Jon in there?"

"Yeah he is come in were all decent."

I saw Jon right away his back was towards me he was facing his equipment. I walked to him.

"Are you telling me the truth when you said you still love me?"

"Ella what are..." he turned around shocked

"Just answer me Jon!" I just wanted to know

"Well I never thoug..."

"Answer me god dammit!" I snapped

"YES! Im telling you the fucking truth. I love you with all my heart and only you I never thought I could fell this way about someone and Im..."

I cut him off and pulled him towards me and kissed him. He kissed back. There was intense passion and connection he grabbed my at the waist and pulled me closer to him I put my hands around his neck. We didn't care if the whole team was watching. We pulled away for air.

"I love you Ella Scott!."

"I love you too Jonathan Toews."

The guys were clapping and cheering.

"Tazer finally has you back. He's missed you a lot, you have no idea."

"Im never leaving him ever again."

"Ella I have a suprise for you. Just stand right there don't move."

Jon walked to the stall and pulled something out of his suit pocket.

"I always have it with me just incase I ever get a chance to give it to you."

"Well what is it?"

"Okay Ella you're an amazing person you're funny smart sweet honest and you're beautiful inside and out. You make me the happiest guy on earth. When I first met you I knew right away I was in love with you and I also knew I wanna spend the rest of my life with you."

What he did next surprised me so much. He went down on one knee.

"Ella Scott will you marry me?"
He opened the red velvet box and revealed a beautiful shiny princess cut diamond ring.

I was speechless and I was crying I opened my mouth to speak but nothing came out I was so shocked.

"YES!! I wanna spend the rest of my life with you Jon!"

Two day later I moved out if my apartment and moved in with Jon. Ashley was happy for us even id she was going to be lonely again.

FASTFORWARD ABOUT 1 MONTH LATER

I woke up and ran to the bathroom and sat beside the toilet throwing up again. It was the fourth time this week. I had no idea what was wrong with me then it hit me. I've been getting very nauscious at the sent of food I usually like, I'm 2 weeks late and I've been throwing up in the morning. I ran to the nearest drugstore and purchased 2 pregnancy tests. After a few minutes I looke at it and it confirmed what I thought...I was pregnant. I started to cry. I couldn't be pregnant I was only 20 barely have a career going I'm pretty sure Jon doesn't want a child right now he wants to focus on his career we were both not ready to be parents.Another thing that had me worried is that who was the father of my baby it could be Jon or Steve because the last time I slept with Jon was only a few days before I first slept with Steve. How am I supposed to tell Jon when he comes home that Im pregnant but I don't know if it's yours. Jon was gone for a week on a roadtrip. I went to the doctot to get checked up and see how far along I was.

"Miss Scott your baby is doing well very healthy and a strong heartbeat. You have nothing to worry about."

"How far along am I?"

"Your about 2 months pregnant. So were looking at a late May early June delivery."

"Okay thanks."

"Do you have anymore questions?"

"No not that I can think of right now."

"If you have any question you know where to find me."

"Yes thank you again."

I cried everytime I thought about Jon leaving me. When Jon came home I didn;t know what to do or say. I was scared he wouldn't want to be with me because he didn't want a child or what if he didn't want to be with someone that was carrying another persons baby?

"Hey love whats wrong? You've been pretty quiet since I've come home." He wrapped his arms around me.

"Everything's fine just not feeling well I'm gonna head to bed now. Goodnight Jon love you."

"Goodnight love you too. I'll be heading to bed soon too."

I woke up the next morning Jon wasn't beside me. I panicked I thought left me so I ran to the kitchen he was there making his specialty pancakes I guess he remembered how much I loved them. I was relived.

"Hey I'm making your favourite."

"Aw that's sweet."

"I still remember from the last time."

I started to feel sick again morning sickness how was I going to hide this from Jon? I had to tell him sooner than later.

"I'll be right back I'm not feeling to well." I ran to the bathroom and started to throw up again.

A few seconds later Jon came

"Ella are you okay?"

I couldn't answer I was still hunched over the toilet. He held my hair together and rubbed my back. I was finished and I sat up against the wall.

"You okay? Want some water or something?"

"Yeah water please."

I took the water and cleaned my mouth. We sat there in silence.

"Ella is something wrong with you?"

My eyes started to water. I stood up and strated to walk out he grabbed my arm.

"Be honest I know there's something that you're not telling me."

Tears were rolling down my face.

"I don't know how to say this but." I grabbed his hand and placed it on my stomach "I'm pregnant."

"You're...pregnant?"

"Yeah but..."

"That means were goin to have a baby! I'm going to be a daddy!"

He was so happy how could I tell him that there was a possibility that it's not his?

"Yeah I'm due early May late June. I just found out two days ago."

"Im excited! I can't wait. Why don't you look so happy babe? Is there something wrong with the baby?"

"No everything fine the baby is healthy and doing well."

"Then what else is on your mind? You seem upset still?"

"Jon it's just that..." I looked at my feet then back at him. "This baby might not be yours."

"What do you mean it might not be mine? You havn't been with anyone but... Oh Steve so this baby could be his?"

"Yeah theres a chance it could be."

"I will be there for you every step of the way regardless of who the father is. I wanna be with you even if it means you're having another guys baby so be it I don't care all I care about is being with you."

"I have to tell Steve he has a right to know this might be his child."

"Okay." He was hesitant

"Look Steve and I are just friends nothing more so you have nothing to worry about. Nobody will ever come between us I promise."

"Just making sure. I never wanna lose you again."

"I'll make sure you won't."

I went to make the phone call to Steve.

"Hey Steve it's Ella. How's is going?"

"Ella hey im good thanks how about you?" I could hear the team in the background

"Great thanks. I have something to tell you."

"What's that?"

"Steve I'm pregnant."

"Really you're pregnant? Congrats Ella!" I could hear the guys cheering

"Wait Steve theres something else you have to know."

"What's that Ella?"

"Jon might not be the father."

"How can Jon not be the father you were only with him and me...that means I could be the father." there was silence in the room

"Yeah you might be."

Steve and I discussed everything and how he would be a part of the child life if he was the father and I told him Jon was going to support me no matter what.

FASTFORWARD 7 MONTHS LATER

We had a DNA test and Jon was the father. We had a healthy beautiful baby boy, we named him Andrew Justin Toews.

"Aw he looks just like his daddy."

"I don't know Ella he looks a lot like you to."

Jon and I have never felt so blessed in our lives we had everything going for us. We couldn't wait to live the rest of our lives together as a family.

-------------FASTFORWARD 3 YEARS (NOW)------- -------------END OF FLASHBACK------------------

(It's been smooth sailing for Jon and I since we had Andrew he brought us closer than we ever were. The following year we got married so I'm now Ella Toews.)

Looking out at the view was interrupted by Andrew.

"MOMMY MOMMY!!!!"

Andrew came running in through the door hugging my leg. He was almost 3 years old and hyper as can be.

"Hey sweetie!"

"Daddys home!!"

"Hey honey. I missed you." He kissed me

"I missed you too."

"Jon we need to talk. Im just going to put Andrew to bed it's late for him. He just wanted to see you before he went to bed."

"Okay. I'll be here waiting."

Putting Andrew to sleep was pretty easy all he needed was a short story and his blanket and within minutes he was off to sleep. I walked back to mine a Jon's room.

"Hey there Mr. Toews."

"Hey Mrs. Toews. What is it that we have to talk about?" He put his hand on my waist and pulled me to him.

"Well..." I grabbed one of his hands and placed it on my stomach."We're going to need a bigger place. I'm pregnant again."

"Really! Im going to be a daddy to another precious child? Wait is it mine?"

"This time I know for sure it's yours."

"I love you forever and ever Ella Toews!"

"I love you for eternity Jonathan Toews!"

-----THE END-----