Brothers

One and only.

A tear abruptly dropped from the corner of the boy’s eyes as he clung tightly to his brother’s protective body. A whimper escaped from the boy’s tiny, chapped mouth as his brother told him everything will be alright.

“Please make it stop, Gerard,” the boy said, crying. “My heart hurts so badly.”

The boy’s brother-who was named Gerard- tried to calm him down by. Gerard sang a soft lullaby to him. Gerard knew it would calm him down, because their mother always sang a lullaby to them when they were little. But his brother didn’t calm down. He cried and clung to his brother tighter. He almost felt his brother’s nails into his body because of their closeness.

“It’ll stop hurting you, if you stop crying,” Gerard said as he gave his brother’s forehead a kiss. “Now, stop crying, Mikey.”

The boy-who was named Mikey- nodded his head gently and stopped crying immediately after Gerard told him that. He relaxed a little and released his grip on Gerard’s body to look up to his older brother.

“Why he have that done to him, Gee?”

Gerard shook his head at his little brother and played with the younger’s hair. “I don’t know, Mikes,” Gerard said in a normal voice. Mikey clung to his brother again and released a sob. His brother hugged him but then pulled away from him and whispered softly that he would be right back.

Mikey nodded his head a little and waited patiently in the floor of their living room. He’d been crying for hours now. He just found out that his boyfriend was murdered last night. No one knew who the murderer was. After he received the phone call from his boyfriend’s mother, he cried and cried on the floor, until his big brother came and hug him protectively.

Gerard finally came back from the little break. He walked silently while whistling quietly to the living room; he then approached Mikey and hugged him tightly. Mikey, of course hugged him back tightly. They then shared I Love Yous to each other lovingly.

“Mikey,” Gerard took a deep breath, “Honey, please forgive anything that I had done,”

“Wha—“

“I’m so sorry Mikey, I really am.” Gerard let out a sob.

“What are you sorry for? You’ve done nothing wrong, Gee…,” Mikey tried to calm his big brother down. He brought his brother’s face up and kissed his brother’s salty tears. Mikey was really worried and confused to why his brother was crying in front of him suddenly. It was made even stranger because he kept on apologizing to Mikey. To put it simply, Mikey was really confused, “Gee? What’s wrong?”

Gerard shook his head quietly while hugged Mikey tighter. “I’m sorry, I’m sorry, I’m sorry” was all Gerard said to Mikey, while he silently raised his right hand to the air. He brought said hand to Mikey’s back. In Gerard’s right hand was an object. It was a knife.

Mikey gasped of the pain on his back. He clung into his brother tightly and closed his eyes painfully.

“I’m sorry, I’m sorry, I’m sorry” Gerard kept repeated those words into Mikey’s ears, while Mikey grabbed his brother’s shoulder and grasped them hard. Gerard was really sure Mikey drew blood to his shoulder. But Gerard just smiled silently…

“Ge-G…,” Mikey gasped for air more. Gerard smiled proudly to himself as his brother whispered into his ear.

“I said sorry, Mikey…” Gerard smiled and kissed his brother’s ear. “I’m a murderer, Mikey,” Gerard laughed quietly while Mikey’s tears escaped freely from his innocent eyes, “I’m Frank’s murderer!”

Mikey didn’t answer. The pain was too much for him to handle. His back now became a waterfall of blood. The carpet became a small blood lake. “I said sorry, Mikey. Now I’m paying for everything, from now on, you’ll be back together with Frankie. You’ll be happy again!”

Mikey’s body became so weak that he couldn’t move anymore. He could barely speak. “G-Ger-rard…,”

“Speak, darlin’, I want to hear some words before you go. Just so you know, I’ll be in your heart forever, and you’ll be in mine… forever.” Gerard laughed “And kill me before your wedding with Frankie, I want to be your best man.”

“I-I…,” Still no perfect words slipped from Mikey’s perfect mouth. He’s gasping for air now, he knows he’ll die soon. But he’s so disappointed in Gerard. Mikey knows he’ll be happy after one month or so, why would Gerard kill him? And why would Gerard kill Frank? Gerard knew they were happy together, didn’t Gerard love him? So many questions in Mikey’s head, but he couldn’t ask them all, he only asked one question, “W-Why Gee? Don’t y-you l-love m-me?”

“I do, more than you loved Frankie. Good bye brother, I’ll see you soon.” After that, Gerard left Mikey bleeding on their living room.