An Identity Crisis

You thought wrong.

Kara and I escorted Jessica from the lobby to her taxi waiting outside the hotel. I’d helped the driver with loading her luggage and before coming back around I’d heard Kara thanking Jessica for agreeing to all of this.

“Not a problem.” was Jessica’s reply.

“All set.” I said as I joined the girls at the back door of the taxi.

“Thanks.” Jessica smiled and looked back to Kara. “It’s been a pleasure.”

The girls hugged and then it was my turn.

“It was very nice getting to know you, Tom.”

“And it was amazing meeting you.” I replied.

We all shared one last smile before Jessica got into the car and the taxi became just another yellow blur moving down the street.

As Kara stood silently at my side I couldn’t help but go over everything in my head. She saves Jessica from the paparazzi and instead of asking for something for herself, I was the first person to come to her mind. She arranged this entire thing so that I’d be happy. Although think I would have been happier had Kara not left.

And that’s when I realized it, why I’d brought Kara into almost every conversation, why every little thing reminded me of her, and why Jessica had thought I was more fond of her than she was of me; I liked her, a lot.

I turned slightly and saw that Kara was smiling out into the city watching the cars go by. A light breeze pushed a strand of her hair out of place and I reached over to tuck it back behind her ear. She looked up at me when I didn’t pull my hand away and I smiled softly before leaning down and kissing her gently on the lips.

“Thanks.” I whispered.

She opened her eyes and looked into mine before speaking.

“I didn’t think you’d ever do that.” she smiled and leaned into my hand slightly.

I pulled her into a hug and held her close against my chest, resting my cheek on her hair.

“You thought wrong.” I said happily, knowing this was the start of something much more than just gaining back a friend or crew member.

This had started out as an identity crisis but now I knew exactly who I was.
♠ ♠ ♠
And thats that! I hope you all enjoyed this short story, cuz i did :]
thanks to all of my readers, commenters and/or subscribers!

Be sure to follow me over and read the sequel to 'Who Said Anything About Love', 'So This Is Love'.

Enjoy!