Status: Finally posted up an epilogue... still not sure about writing a sequel, but maybe (:

Finding My Way Back To The Start

The Way We Talk

We were all just chilling on the bus together, on our day off in Massachusetts, practicing some songs. We never did that anymore, and it was nice to just hear John sing for fun. I missed when we could do that. Back before the guys where really famous, we would just sit around at someone’s house, just playing their songs, or covers. Anyone who was willing would sing along with John, or I would be forced to sing with him. I still remember the time the first time the guys made me sing, not a pretty fun memory, because to me, I have the worst singing voice in the world, no doubt about it. They told me I was pretty decent, and I would just take that. It’s not like I’m looking for a record deal or anything.

“What should we play now, Jac?” John asked me after taking a swig of his water.

“Um… Do ‘The Way We Talk’. I’ve always loved that one.” I replied. I smiled when Jared started strumming his acoustic guitar. The familiar chords of their song filled my ears, and then John’s sweet voice matched up with the melody.

“Oh she’s fresh to death; she’ll be the death of me. Seduction leads to destruction. Oh she’s fresh to death; she’ll be the death of me. She’s fresh; she’s fresh, but not so clean.” John sang. Suddenly a visual of Pat dancing and lip syncing, pretending to be Johnny filled my head. I laughed silently to myself, thinking of that time when I was over at his house. It just hilarious seeing Pat try to be John, jumping up and down like an idiot.

I couldn’t help but mumble Kennedy’s guitar part under my breath. “De de de de do do do. De de de do do do. De de de de do do do. De de de do do do.”

Jared stopped playing and John looked up at me. “What the fruitcakes was that Dee?” John asked.

“Well, um, that was Kenny’s guitar part. The song just isn’t right without Kenny’s part. It doesn’t sound right to me. I always do that when I hear that song…” I rambled. I didn’t know why I always did that, for some reason. It just never seemed… right to me that during the acoustic set, there wasn’t his part. It was just plain odd.

“Umm…okay…?” John said awkwardly. Kenny just gave me this look. I couldn’t tell what kind of look it was though. I just couldn’t read that boy’s face. “Let’s just do ‘Whoever She Is’, okay dude?”

“Umm… Sure. Whatever.” Jared replied. They started playing, and I left to my bunk.

What the hell was that look, Kenny?