‹ Prequel: A Maybe Relationship
Sequel: A Mistaken Identity

A Messed-Up Heart

Pink Streaks

As soon as Garbo mentioned that to me, I knew that he was absolutely right. There was, unfortunately, no possible way for us to hide what was going on when Allison happened to be psychic. No matter what, Allison was going to find out what was going on; she was always going to know what Betsy and I were up to. We couldn’t hide anything from her. What are we going to do? I wondered. How are we supposed to stop the wedding when Kevin is marrying the one girl who will know what we do before we do it? No matter what, Allison was going to figure out what we were up to in order to stop her from marrying Kevin.

Because of Allison’s psychic ability, I knew that it was going to be difficult for us to even get Betsy into the wedding. The plan was for Betsy to go to the wedding as Garbo’s date, but I was pretty sure of the fact that Allison and Zora were expecting to see my younger sister. I sighed and glanced over at the pink streaks that were currently in my younger sister’s light brown hair. It was at that moment that something occurred to me, something that we might be able to lose to our advantage. “The pink streaks,” I said. “That’s the key. That’s the answer to our current situation, the way to get you into the wedding.”

“What about my hot pink streaks?” Betsy asked.

“The night before the wedding, you’re going to need to dye your hair completely. It’s just for one day, but that’s all we need in order to stop the Kallison wedding. And, just throwing this out there, but I don’t think that dying your hair pink is a good idea since Allison and Zora have already seen you with pink hair. You need to be able to disguise yourself, something that you definitely can’t do if you decide to dye your hair a color that Allison and Zora have already seen you in,” I explained. “Go with something that isn’t pink.”

“Amanda, do you remember that year I decided to dress up as Wanda from the Fairly Oddparents for Halloween? My hair was spray-painted hot pink for the duration of the night, the two hours I was out. Could something like that work for the wedding?” Betsy asked.

“It might,” I said. “But, like I said before, you’re going to have to be careful about using hot pink in your hair. It was brief, but Zora saw the hot pink and will know that it’s you.”

“I’ll figure something out,” Betsy said.

“Well, keep in mind that you only have six weeks in order to stop the wedding,” I reminded her. “In about forty days, I’m going to lose Kevin if you don’t stop the wedding. You have no idea as to how much I’m going to miss Kevin if he’s married to Allison; she’s the only person I can’t stand to see married to him. So long as it’s someone I like, I’m okay with him getting married. That’s why I don’t want to see Allison become Mrs. Paul Kevin Jonas II; it’s because she hates me. Anyone can marry Kevin, but her. Anyone but her.”

Betsy nodded. “Duh, I think that you should probably go check into your hotel room. Once you do, we’ll go up with you and start coming up with the best way for me to get into the wedding. We need something more than just the plan for me to go to the wedding with Garbo. It needs to be something simple, but complex enough so that Allison and Zora aren’t going to figure out that we’re trying to stop the wedding from ever taking place.”

“Alright,” I nodded.

Upon checking into the hotel, I went to get the others. My hotel room was definitely the best place for us to meet and go through all of this. There was absolutely no way in hell that Allison or Zora ever intended on entering my hotel room. Since they hated me so vehemently, there was no way that such a thing was ever going to happen. Jealousy was a factor, meaning that they weren’t going to go anywhere near my hotel room. So, I quietly ushered everyone into my hotel room in order to give us the opportunity to discuss what was going to happen, what we were going to do to stop the wedding.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment and subscribe.