Extemporize: a tale from the kissing booth.

From the moment I saw him...

I was paying my dues in the kissing booth, to the loss of my sanity, when suddenly, an attractive boy my age walked in.

He had shoulder length dirty blonde hair, with a very unique looking 'flipped over' fringe. He had a very nice jaw line and deep blue eyes. I found myself being drawn to him, immensely.

The boy fumbelled in his pockets without sitting down.

"I ...uh...just wanted to see what was in here?" he explained, though I wasn't sure if he was telling me, or if he was just informing himself of this knowledge.

I nodded silently, still watching him.

He appeared to be quite shy, for he blushed when he noticed my gaze, and quickly mumbelled, "So-uh-bye," as he turned to exit.

Usually I would be relieved, or even happy a customer had changed their mind. It meant less chance of me getting mono...or aids.

This time, this non-existant kiss, this boy was...different. I felt oddly offended and hurt that he didn't want a nice, sloppy, wet kiss frm me.

Just before he turned to leave, I bravely called out, "So, what? You don't find me attractive?"

He seemed shocked by my remark, and he looked at me and blinked about four times, as I smirked contently at him.

Finally, his expression changed, and for the first time, he didn't even seem slightly shy.

"No. That's not it. Quite the opposite, really. It's just that, I find kissing booths degrading, to both men and women, and I don't feel like supporting the continuation of them. Just like I would never support prostitution, or pornography. Like I said before, I just came in because I was curious. That's all."

Looking pleased with himself, and his rant, he gave me a polite 'half-smile' and abruptly turned and left.

"Your loss! You won't be getting any of this, tonight! Whore!" I'd usually have screamed, laughing.

But he...whoever he is, was different. I had the impulse to get to know that outspoken boy.

For he had a way with words and he was the only person who had ever turned me down, on any level of behavior. Ever.