Status: Complete- for better or worse

Some Peope Would Love To Have A Rockstar As A Brother

5foot7 Ruby Slippers

We walked for hours under the silently turning stars. The moon had gone to bed behind the city skyline hours ago before we turned towards our hotel.

“you know, I don’t think I’ve almost been able to make the connection between my little sister and the experienced woman who’s walking next to me.” My eyes flew to his face, wondering what he meant when he said this. He was frowning a little, but his expression was more wistful than anything else.

“well,” I started slowly, not wanting to scare him off when I had only just got him back. “I’m not that little girl anymore, so I would think that makes some sense.”

Nodding his head, he suddenly smiled and pulled me to him, picking me up around my waist and twirling around until we were both laughing so hard we fell down. I punched his shoulder for dropping me and he ran away, but he couldn’t outrun me, or he wouldn’t have been able to if I hadn’t run into someone flat out before I reached him.

“shit!” I bounced back as did the shadowed person. “ugggg” tailbone was definitely bruised and I wouldn’t be able to sit down right for weeks, I could feel it.

“oh shit! I’m sorry Jess! Are you okay?!” wait a second… I knew that voice!

“Jimmy!” I yelled indignantly, well as indignantly as one can while on the ground and trying not to put any pressure on their tailbone. “were you fallowing us?” Johnny had stopped by this time and was joggin back towards us.

“noo,” Jimmy stuck out his hand to help me up but looked everywhere but my face. “I was just um, going out for some skittles.” He pointed at the gas station I had slammed into him in front of.

By this time Johnny was with us but I ignored him for the moment.

“So you weren’t here to spy on us and report back to the guys?” I asked while getting up in his face. Right as I finished saying this there was a static noise and the muffled sound of Brian’s voice came from somewhere inside Jimmy’s jacket.

“Jimmy dude, do you have line-of-sight? Gates out-” and he was lost to static. I slowly raised my eyes to the Rev.’s huge ones and raised my left eyebrow.

“uhm yeah I’m just going to go this way…”

“oh no you don’t,” Johnny interjected into the conversation. “you are coming back to the house with us as our prisoner.” He stood up next to Jimmy and I was suddenly caught by how ridiculous it was to see 6foot4 Jimmy cowering away from 5foot7 Johnny- who looked rightly pissed.

Our small promenade proceeded down the artificially lit yellow-brick road to visit the wizard, but I had already received my gift, and looking at the two men in front of me I knew it was worth facing all the witches of my past to get there.

Perhaps tomorrow would find me in my very own cell in the heart of juvenile hall- but at least I had someone who would visit me.

Johnny turned around a second and winked at me with a smile before donning a frown at his tall scarecrow once again.
♠ ♠ ♠
the end.
im not sure im happy with this but the end came out without my trying so perhaps its a sign...
try not to back so hard... what is it? oh yeah
try not to lambast me.