It Was Only a Dream...I Hope

The Light at the End of the Tunnel

He ran. He ran as hard as his legs and lungs would allow him to, but that still wasn’t fast enough.

"Hold on. I’m coming. I’ll be there soon. Just hold on." All he thought about was this girl he had known for so long. He knew it. He had fallen for her. As much as he fought against it, he couldn’t deny it any more. He would tell her as soon as he got to her. He knew just where to find her.

Sure enough, he rounded the corner to her alley and found her curled up sobbing. He sprinted over to her, dropped down to his knees, and enveloped her in a giant hug. She put her head against his chest. She was glad that he had come. She was glad that he was here.

“Shhh. It’s alright. I’m here, I’m here. Everything is going to ok now. Shh.” Andrew said these words over and over again to calm her down. She eventually did and they just sat there, on the ground with the rain still pouring down on them. Unconsciously he planted a soft kiss right on the top of her head. She looked up at him and realized what he had just done. He looked rather nervous and embarrassed, not sure whether what he did had crossed the line. The girl just smiled and leaned back against him. Andrew breathed a sigh of relief.

“Alright. Let’s get you out of this rain. My parents are worried sick that you might….well, get sick.” They chuckled at the pun.

“Then let’s go home.” The girl grabbed Andrew’s hand. He looked down at his hands and then looked at her in surprise. She just smiled at him and he smiled back. They walked back to Andrew’s house hand in hand in the downpour.

This is the end of the story. You might find it a little odd. For one thing, none of the characters, except for Andrew, have names. You might also find that the building up of the romance was a little awkward. I found this dream quite odd for the same reasons. Except that I found one other reason that it was odd. This particular one also made it a little scary. The odd part about it was that I couldn’t help but feel that I know the girl. What made it scary, frightening even, was that I couldn’t shake the feeling that the girl...is me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yes, I know the whole love thing is a little awkward but that's how it happened in the dream. Oh, and yes, I DID have a dream like this; except it just appeared in little flashes. Most of the action and all of the dialogue I made up because if I had written it the way the dream actually happened, no one would no what had happened in the dream. If you really want to know how the dream actually happened, let me know, and I'll tell you; but I doubt anyone would want to know.