Status: Completed

Runs in the Family

La La Land

I walk up the driveway wondering if Brendon had called Ryan to let him know about our conversation but something told me he was going to wait.

“How was it?” Ryan asks me enthusiastically as soon as I walk into the house.

“It was a lot of fun.” I say with a big smile.

“You look very beautiful.”

“Thanks dad.” I say as he gives me a hug.

“You've grown so much.”

“That's the thing dad, we humans grow every single second,” I tell him with a smile.

He smiles back and kisses the top of my head.

“I'm going to go take a shower and go to sleep.”

“I ordered Chinese in case you're hungry.”

“For Chinese? Always.” I tell him with a smile.

I walk to my room and get some pajamas to change into then I head to the bathroom to take a shower.

I sigh feeling the water hit my body.

And without warning I start to cry.

All I could think about was Rachel, my mom and the thought of not knowing how she looked like broke my heart.

I wonder if she even got to hold me?

Did she get to say that she loved me?

Was she happy?

The more I though about her the harder I began to cry.

I didn't know I could miss someone this much without even knowing them.

I get out of the shower as desperate sobs escape my mouth.

“Amelia, what's the matter are you okay!?” Ryan questions desperately from outside the bathroom door.

“I'm fi-fine” I say in between sobs.

I put on my pajamas and open the door and head straight into Ryan's arms.

“What's wrong?”

But I can't say a single word all I can do is cry until I no longer can.

“Are you okay?” Ryan asks concerned as we sit in the hallway.

I shake my head and wipe my eyes as new tears threaten to escape.

“I always assumed I was planned and you guys had a surrogate carry me.” I say in a low voice.

“But now I know that wasn't the truth.”

“Amelia-”

“Did she die because of me?” I cut Ryan off.

Ryan sighs and rests his head against the wall.

“She died due to complications.”

“Was she excited about being a mom?”

“So excited, she could hardly wait to meet you.”

I smile to myself.

“You were named after your grandmother, she made Brendon promise her he would name you Amelia.”

“Do you have any pictures of her?”

Ryan nods and stands up.

“I'll be right back.”

He walks into his office and I can hear him moving some things, a minute later he walks out with an envelope in his hand.

“I saved this just in case Brendon decided to tell you about your mom,” Ryan tells me as he sits next to me.

He hands me the envelope and I take it, I look at it and open it taking the pictures out.

“This is her?”

Ryan nods.

I look at the first picture, she was smiling with her eyes closed while Brendon gave her a kiss on the cheek. The second picture was of her smiling at the camera, I could see her green eyes now I knew where I got them from.

With every new picture I saw the more I wish she was still alive. I wish I had had the opportunity to know her and be able to call her mom.

“Thank you.” I tell Ryan and give him a hug.

“Those are just a few, Brendon has more if you want I can ask him to bring some over.”

I nod.

“I'm going to head to bed now.”

“Goodnight.”

I get up and walk down the stairs holding on to the envelope filled with the pictures.

I walk into my room and place the envelope on my desk. I climb onto my bed and hide underneath the covers as sleep takes over.

“Amelia Urie-Ross.”

I stand up and I can hear people cheering for me as I walk up to the stage

“Congratulations.” The principal tells me and shakes my hand.

“Thank you,” I smile and collect my diploma from another teacher. I wave it in the air with a smile and walk back to my seat and wait for the graduation ceremony to end.

“I'm so proud of you!” Ryan says excitedly as he embraces me in a hug.

“Thanks dad.”

“You did it!” Bronx shouts as he picks me up and spins me.

“I did!” I can't help but to laugh.

Bronx puts me down and smiles at me, “congratulations.”

“Thanks.”

“I'll let you two be, but remember we're having dinner at 6 so don't be late.”

“We won't” Bronx tells Ryan.

I wave at him and then look at Bronx with a raised eyebrow.

“So where exactly are we going?”

“Do you really think I'm going to give it up that easy?”

“It's always worth a try.” I shrug.

Bronx smiles and takes my hand and he leads me towards his car.

“So you know how I've been working on a project.”

“Yeah for like forever.”

“Well this isn't about that, but it's something that I've been wanting to do for quite some time now.”

“Oh?”

Bronx just keeps smiling and begins to drive away, I look out the window trying to figure the place where he is taking me but there were just so many things in LA that if I try to guess it probably would be wrong.

But then I realize that he's driving to his house.

“We're going to your house aren't we?” I say, but Bronx doesn't respond.

Ten minutes later he parks in front of his house, he gets out really fast and opens my door handing me his hand to help me out of the car.

I look at him curiously but just follow him inside, I really wanted to know what he was planning.

“Sit on the couch and I will be right back.” He tells me and I do as he tells me.

Moments later Bronx comes out with a bouquet of roses and hands them to me and walks away. Then I hear a guitar being played, I look back and see Bronx walking back guitar in hand.

“If I could sing you every love song every written I would, and I know you would love to see me try.” he starts to sing.

I can feel my heart rate increasing.

“But even if I did those love songs will never be enough to tell you how amazing you are and how much you mean to me,”

“Bronx,” I whisper

“None of their words will ever amount to how much I love you.”

I look at him and all I can do smile.

“If only I knew if you loved me too.”

I nod my head happily.

“But that won't change the fact that I love you.”

“I love you too.” I say interrupting his song.

“I'm sorry continue.”

He stops playing the guitar and places it on the floor he extends out his hand and I take it happily.

“Will you make the happiest guy in the world and share your future with me.”

I nod. “If you agree to share yours with me.” I whisper.

“I would be crazy not to.” He says and kisses me deeply and passionately.

“I love you Amelia.”

“I love you too Bronx.” I reply and kiss him.
♠ ♠ ♠
First of all: I am so sorry!
Three years is a long time to wait, but life happens and time flies without notice.
But here you go, hope you enjoyed it.