Status: Done!

Love Hides (in the Strangest Places)

2. Before You Slip Into Unconciousness, I'd Like To Have Another Kiss

It’s been 7 months to the day since I saw the Doors and exchanged words with its lead singer. Every night for 2 weeks I had dreams about that night, and much more. I would wake up in a sweat and have to take a cold shower to ease myself. The feel of those piercing eyes haunted me every day. Every where I went I felt those eyes looking at me, but every time I turned around to look for them I never saw anything. I was listening to the radio later that day when I came back from classes and the DJ just began to announce a special concert.

“Ladies and gentlemen, The Doors are coming once again. It’s a strange thing, when asked why the Doors wanted to come back after such a short time Jim only responded, ‘It’s very close to my heart.’ The day of the concert is also the day of his birth.”

At the sound of that my own heart skipped a beat. The DJ announced that the tickets would go on sale this Saturday.

When Saturday came along I left to go buy tickets at 4:00 in the morning at the ETO. I arrived early enough that the line for tickets wasn’t too long. I sat down at the end of the line, and like everyone else, when someone new came into the line, I stood up, confirming my place. Finally, at 10:00 the booth opened up and the line quickly went down. Finally I came to the front of the line and walked up to the window.

“How many tickets?” a lady asked behind the window.

“Only one, please.” I said, politely.

I walked away excited, holding the ticket in my hand, and thinking of Jim staring at me once again with those dark, deep eyes.

2 months went by too slowly, it was the day of the concert and I couldn’t help but show how excited I was. My roommate didn’t know anything of that night 9 months ago. I didn’t particularly like her all that much, but I dealt with her. I sat through all my classes on that Friday and fiddled around, not being able to pay attention even in my favourite class, Literature.

After classes I rushed back to my dorm, fussing over what outfit I should wear. I can’t believe he even remembered me after this long, I thought. I finally chose my prized leather pants that my mother still didn’t know I had, and then I put on a simple white wifebeater. I put on a chain necklace and left my straight brown hair run down my shoulders. I kept the make-up to a minimum, like usual, opting for black mascara, causing my green eyes to pop even more than usual, and sloshed on mint Chapstick.

I drove to the theatre, the same place as before and parked in the same place. I walked into the theatre and showed the bouncer my ticket. I quickly made my way to a fair spot, still in the drug line, but out of the way of the screaming girls. He’d never notice me amongst all them, I thought.

The crowd went crazy when Jim walked out and grabbed the mic. It seemed he was searching for something. Oh God, I thought like last time, when I finally felt his eyes search me out.

“Hello!” Jim yelled and the crowd went even wilder.

A joint was passed around once again, and with Jim still staring at me, I took a good, long drag, and held it in for longer then needed. I finally let it out, the smoke blowing in front of my face, encircling my head. I saw Jim mutter something, but he wasn’t close enough to the mic to hear.

The band started and the crowd cheered. James quickly became Jim again, the rocker, and he passed his dark eyes over the crowd as he began the first lines from Light My Fire:

“You know that it would be untrue.
You know that I would be a liar
If I was to say to you
Girl we couldn’t get much higher”

Girl we couldn’t get much higher, those fateful words that made me love all that is James Douglas Morisson. I closed my eyes and listened to his deep, soft voice and the amazing guitar, drums, and keyboard in the background. Phenomenal, I thought.

The band then played Touch Me and Jim looked at me and then said the opening line:

“Come on, come on, come on, come on, now touch me, babe!”

I became hot and my hands began to sweat. Another joint came around and I took another long drag and my nerves settled a little, and I sent the joint back on its way.

After Touch Me my favourite song came on, People are Strange, and then I felt Jim’s gaze on me again. I opened my eyes and Jim began to sing:

“People are strange, when you’re a stranger
Faces look ugly when you’re alone
Women seem wicked when you’re unwanted…”

Jim’s eyes were locked with mine the whole song, sending me a message.

The whole show I stayed like that. Either staring at Jim or eyes closed, either standing still or swaying from side to side. Finally the end of the show came along, and unneeded, Jim nodded to the backstage. I walked down the familiar long hallway and came to the room as before. This time it was only Ray, Robby, and John in the room. No Jim and no girls.

“Well, hello there.” Robby said with a smile.

“You remember me?” I smiled, secretly happy.

“How could we forget you, Jim hasn’t stopped talking about you.” John laughed.

“What?” my eyes went wide at the statement.

“Ya, he’s pretty taken by you, it seems.” Ray laughed.

“So then where is the stud himself and his swarm of horny groupies?” I smirked.

“Right here.” I heard from behind me.

Oh shit, I yelled in my head, and I jumped a little out of my head too. The voice laughed at my surprise.

“Not expecting to see me or something?” Jim said as he walked up to me, still from behind, and whispered in my ear.

A chill ran straight up my spine and I tried my hardest not to show it.

“No, I was just surprised, is all.” I tried to hide my startled state.

“Right.” Jim laughed as he walked over to the band, helping them pack up their gear.

“So, how’ve you been, Elanor?” Jim asked me, saying my name so sweetly.

“Just fine, James, how’s the rock life been treating you?” I replied back.

“Fine, better than the poets life.” He said, staring into my eyes.

My heart began to beat quickly and it rang in my ears so loud I thought everyone could hear. No one can hear it, I tried to make myself believe, it’s impossible.

When John, Ray, and Robby were finished packing their equipment they left with some roadies that had come in to take care of the equipment. That left only Jim and I in the room. Jim sauntered over and stopped in front of me, causing me to look up because of his height.

“Hello.” Jim said, just as the first time he spoke to me.

“Hi.” I whispered back.

“You are still the only person I have ever seen that does not go crazy at the sight of me.”

“Why should I?”

“Most people do.”

“I’m not like most people.”

“No, you certainly aren’t.”

“Is that a problem? Or do you like your women to be begging at your feet, to be at your side when you call?”

“Only sometimes, but it gets quite tiring after a while.”

“I would imagine.”

“That’s why I like you, Elanor. You’re different. A usual woman would have jumped at me with one look at her, but you stand in silence and do nothing. Indeed you didn’t come to see me last time; you came to see the band. I heard you when you were trying to stop Ray when he called me over, the first time I came face to face with you.”

“I was afraid.”

“Of what?”

“Of turning into one of those things that drool over you when they hear your voice, those things that come running at you, those things that fuck you when you ask them to.”

“So you wouldn't make love to me?” Jim asked me suspiciously, looking into my eyes.

“I won’t answer that.” I said matter-of-factly.

“Don’t worry. You’re fine.”

“Am I now?”

“Of course you are, I like you.”

My heart skipped a beat. Holy shit, I yelled in my mind.

Jim came closer to me, and I looked down, seeing only an inch between us. I closed my eyes and hoped that this wasn’t happening. It would be stupid to get involved with a rock star, I thought. I felt Jim’s hand push my chin up and I shuddered at his touch, not caring anymore to hide it. I opened my eyes again and found a pair of deep, dark eyes staring back, looking into my very soul. His face came closer and closer to mine and I closed my eyes shut against it, until I felt Jim’s lips meet mine.

Holy shit, holy shit, holy shit, holy shit ran through my head and then I couldn’t hold it in anymore. Jim’s hand fell from my face, down my neck and I laced my arms around his neck and kissed him back hungrily. Jim stumbled and we fell against the wall and in an attempt to breathe on both our parts our tongues became laced together. It became more heated as Jim crushed me against the wall and I ran my fingers through his thick, dark hair. Jim’s hands traced down my body and they came to my ass, and he used it to pull me closer, if it was even still possible.

Suddenly Ray, John, and Robby walked in, yelling,

“Jim! We gotta go, the bus is ready.” John yelled.

The three stopped abruptly and Jim and I quickly separated, gasping for air. The three only stood there, staring at the two of us.

Holy shit, did that just happen to me? I thought.

“Umm . . .” Robby said awkwardly.

“I think . . . I should . . . umm . . . go.” I managed out, pointing towards the door.

“Ya.” Jim said quickly.

I stumbled to the door, and as I was passing the three I almost fell and they had to catch me.

“Thanks.” I breathed out.

“No problem.” Ray smiled.

I got back on my feet and slowly but surely swayed and stumbled my way down the hallway.