Status: Loves all the subscribers and commenters <3 The story is being updated as frequently as possible :)

Your Silver Bullets Won't Save You Now

What A Kiss

“So, Carta, your father was telling me that you will be turning 18 soon. That is the traditional time for the next leader to take over. Are you looking forward to it?”

I looked up at Mr Antise, adopting the fake smile which I had perfected by this stage in the night, I smiled at him and nodded, “Yes I can’t wait, I’m sure it will be a huge responsibility, but I think I’m up for the challenge.”

He smiled back and nodded, wiping his mouth on the silk napkin.

“I’m sure you will enjoy it darling, especially if you have the right person beside you.” My father said to me, as he squeezed my mother’s arm, both of them smiling lovingly at each other.

I hadn’t seen this kind of behaviour from them in ages. They were hardly ever near each other.

I smiled at them both, had my ‘accepting’ of my future done this?

“If you would excuse us, I would like to speak with Carta.” Feher said to the table, they all nodded giving each other knowing glances.

Slightly confused, I excused myself and stood, following Feher as he walked to the open porch doors.

He smiled down at me as we stepped out into the night, taking my hand in his and giving it a little squeeze.

I couldn’t help but feel uncomfortable, and I shuddered as he touched me.

“Here.” He said quietly, pulling off his tux jacket and draping it around my shoulders.

The night wasn’t that cold, but the wind was slightly chilly and the warmth inside his jacket was wonderful.

I smiled up at him without thinking.

I think that was what led him on, as his lips elegantly fell upon mine, his hands winding around my waist and neck.

I was stood still, too shocked to be able to move.

He seemed to notice this and so tugged lightly at my hair, while pushing us both backwards towards the shade of a tree.

I finally snapped into life as my back hit the tree, I gasped as it did so and felt Feher smile into the kiss.

I growled and shoved at his chest.

He fell back away from me, smirking as he stalked back towards me.

“It’s ok, they won’t mind. They practically have the wedding china picked out already. They won’t mind me having a taste before the wedding.” He whispered as he went to kiss me.

I ducked and rolled to the side, causing him to smack into the tree.

He stepped back, rubbing his nose and growling at me, “What are you doing Carta?” He barked.

“What the hell was that?” I whispered/screamed, noting how near we were to the house.

“I was going to kiss you again..”

“Yeh, but why kiss me in the first place, you freak?” I shouted, covering my mouth as I peered back to the house, no movement.

“What do you mean? You like me, I like you. They have decided we end up together. What’s wrong?” He asked, seeming completely confused at my disgust at what he had done.

“I don’t like you!” I spat, “What on earth would make you think that?”

He growled in anger and started walking towards me, so I moved, putting a few bushes in between us.

“How about the way you’ve been leading me on? Putting your hand over mine on your leg? The smiles? The way you have been making conversation with my family? Get over it Carta, we’re meant to be together and will end up being so. You need to accept it and your feelings for me.” He sneered, grabbing my hand before I could protest, he dragged me back inside.

I had to instantly forget all attempts of getting away, I couldn’t be responsible for pulling my parents apart again.

Feher pulled me closer as we walked into the light that pooled from inside, he looped his arm around my waist and pulled me against his chest as we walked back in, all heads turning to us.

Including my brother, who had appeared, he hadn’t bothered dressing up, but no one expects him too, he had rejected the job as Alpha at my age, so my parents tended to ignore him.

His face was a picture, he knew my hatred for Feher all too well, so me walking in held against Feher’s chest…kind of a surprise.

He whispered something and my mother elbowed him, shooing him away, he gave me a confused look but left.

We took our seats back at the table, all eyes on us still.

Feher took my hand, placing it on the table.

I tried subtly to pull my hand away, but he clamped it to the table with his own.

I edged closer to him, trying to elbow him away from it, my parents noticed me getting closer and once more shared an annoying all knowing look.

Feher growled as I elbowed him once more, he let go of my hand, put wrapped his arm once more around me, pulling me to his side.

I snarled, but stopped as everyone turned to me, shock plain on their faces.

I smiled weakly and fell silent, Feher smirked, I knew he was smirking even if I couldn’t see it.

I sighed as they all began talking, while I sat quietly, pinned to Feher’s side.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope you like.
Comments would be loved!