Status: Complete! Sequel is up!

Prove It

Amen

"Come on! You're better than that!" Caine, my best friend, yelled, laughing.
"I'm doing better than you! At least I've scored!" I yelled over my shoulder as I sprinted for the ball against Rachel. I reached it first and made an outside cut to the left to get around her. I jogged to the goal and stopped it on the line, then turned around to smile at Caine.
"Alright, that's it! Me, Rachel, and Rob against you!" Caine yelled.
I smiled and held my hands up. "Fine, have at it! You'll still lose!"
"First to five!" Rob said.
"K, let's go."
We played for another hour.
I won.

While we were walking home, Rachel said, "Camry, you could totally make it to professionals. Easily. You definitely should try!"
"Rachel, I’m nowhere near good enough and you know it!" I smiled. "But thanks anyway."
"Yes you are!" Caine slightly pushed me.
"Although it would be completely awesome if I could play on Manchester United, wouldn't it?" I asked.
"An all guys team?" Rachel gave me a look.
"Yup," Rob replied.
"The best team ever!" I said with Caine, then laughed.
"Amen!" Rob agreed.

We were at the park again the next day, and I was watching Rob, Caine, and some of their friends play soccer. They had been playing for about forty-five minutes when one of the guys stopped and said, "I gotta go!"
"K, see ya!" The others yelled without stopping.
"Wait, hold up, that means we're one player down!" Another stopped.
I could already see where this was going. The look both Caine and Rob gave me made it obvious. I quickly shook my head no, but they took it upon themselves to volunteer me.
"Camry can play!" They said simultaneously.
The others looked at me, smiled as though asking 'are you serious?' and laughed.
"I'll play," I relented and got up to walk over to them. They stopped laughing and realized we were serious.
"Fine. Come on," one of them said. He was one of the better ones, although they were all very good. He gave the ball to my team to start of with. Rob passed it back to me and I chipped it over one guy's head, and back to Rob, who passed it off to another guy. The other team stole the ball and sprinted back towards me, where I was playing center defender. The right defender lunged, and the forward [who I now know is named Elias] easily ran by him. Before I knew it, Elias was right in front of me, waiting for me to assume he was going one way so he could go the opposite. But I knew never to dive in, and only make myself an obstacle if I knew they were better than me.
Eventually he cut to my left, where I could easily block it. I did so, and Elias was so shocked, he fell from the impact and I passed it up to the midfield, then smiled back down at him.

-1 year later-
"Camry, this is your new co-worker, Liz. She's from Manchester, England," my boss, Rick, said.
I smiled at Liz, and said, "Hey."
Rick then left for us to "get acquainted" as he bluntly put it. Soon, we were laughing, and acting as though we were old friends.
"So why'd you move to here?" I asked as our laughter died down.
"Well I was kind of sick of my grandfather's job," she said quietly.
"Really? What's he do?"
"He's the Coach of Manchester United."
♠ ♠ ♠
I know I've taken forever and a day to get anything out here, but I've been super busy with two soccer teams, babysitting, workouts, homework. I't been a long....month.