We're Trouble Bound

August

Image

“This is fucking insanity!” Jaime yelled when she spotted Oliver. He was surrounded by several girls who happened to all be decked in Drop Dead clothing. It was the Reading Festival. It was practically home for Oliver but Jaime was out of her element. She waved at him and he motioned for her to come closer. “What time do you guys go on?” She asked.

“Late. Seven, I fink. You lot?”

“In about an hour. We just loaded in… Fucking insanity,” she repeated

“Wha’ stage?”

“Radio One.”

“Yeh goin’ over now? Can’t miss yer set—it’s been so long since I seen it,” he teased. It had been only a week since the European leg of their tour had ended. The second half would not begin until October. They had a whole month before their two bands would reunite.

Oliver and Jaime were friends, but only that. It was certainly not a kind of relationship Oliver was used to and he didn’t know why it was the case in the first place. But it was something. He found that he enjoyed being her friend. It was almost enough for him. It was satisfying, in a way, to have someone who was so similar to him. They had things to talk about and they had fun when they hung out together. Being friends was easy for them. This, of course, didn’t mean he didn’t want to snog her silly sometimes.

“I’m actually headed to change my shirt; there’s a hole in this one.” She lifted up her arm to reveal a large tear at the side seam of her t-shirt. She slid her other hand up the bottom of her shirt and wiggled her fingers out of the hole. “But I’ll be back this way in a minute if you want to walk over with me then… I wouldn’t want to pull you away from these lovely ladies too soon anyway.” She smiled at the girls, who all sneered slightly.

“Yeh lasses gonna go see Keep Yer Composure?” Oli asked them.

They all nodded immediately, saying yes, of course they were going. But both Oliver and Jaime seriously doubted that they had previously had any intention of seeing Jaime’s band until Oliver mentioned it.

“Awesome.” Jaime grinned at them, even though she knew they probably didn’t care about her. “You guys’ll love it. We’re a million times better than this fool’s band.” She jabbed Oliver in the shoulder lightheartedly.

“S’true,” Oliver admitted. “They’re much better.”

“We’re basically the NSYNC to their Backstreet Boys,” Jaime joked but none of the girls looked very amused. Oliver laughed though. Despite the fact that it had only been a week, he’d missed Jaime and her peculiar sense of humor. She was often quite off-putting in this regard. She was not usual in any way and Oliver liked that.

He discreetly eyed all the girls surrounding him, Jaime included. The fans all wore loud prints and neon colors, they were not so discreetly wearing items from his label. Their hair was teased and toyed with. Jaime, though she had wild bleached hair, was much simpler. She wore her uniform of just-short-enough denim shorts and basic white t-shirt; she rarely wore anything more elaborate. But she was beyond fit and with her there, these other girls were invisible. “You know, if boy bands sang about corpses and drinking ‘til you vomit,” she added.

“Aye, and Satan. ‘bout ‘im too.”

“Fuck, how’d I forget Satan?” Jaime’s mouth popped open in mock disbelief. Oli held back a smile, not wanting to seem too eager. He had a reputation to uphold. He couldn’t go around looking like he had a major crush on some lass, even if he did. Jaime’s eyes flicked to girls still hovering. They seemed tremendously annoyed. Not deterred by this, only amused, Jaime said “Well, I think I’m gonna go find a reasonably clean shirt to put on. I’ll be back in a bit and we can go over to the stage, yeah?” She asked Oliver.

He agreed and she started away. He would much rather have gone with her. He always had the incredible urge to follow her wherever she went. Whenever she went somewhere, she did it with purpose and energy, like every moment was important. It was oddly refreshing.

--

Oliver was standing side stage for Keep Your Composure’s set at Reading. It was nothing he hadn’t seen before. In fact, he’d seen it so many times that he knew the exact moments in which Jaime would hold her microphone out for the crowd to sing. He knew at about what time Jaime would reach for a bottle of water. Once he thought about it, the things he knew about Keep Your Composure’s set were primarily about Jaime. Mostly because when she was on stage, he couldn’t draw his eyes away from her. She was hypnotic and beautiful, bouncing around and climbing onto Sean’s drum kit. She would press herself against Troy or Anthony whenever they were playing a solo. She was positively enthralling. She was so passionate about performing.

It had become tradition for Jaime and Keep Your Composure to add a small piece of “Chelsea Smile” into the middle of one of their songs. They had been doing it at every show since Jaime had received approval from Oliver. Oliver had become so used to it that now it just seemed like part of the song, as if it had always been that way. It sounded right coming from Jaime’s powerful lungs.

“Alright!” Jaime yelled. “This next song is called ‘Fucking Smile’.” There was an explosion of noise from the crowd. “But we’re only playing it if you guys do me a favor, is that cool?” More cheering came. “Awesome. Here’s what I want you to do… if you see that mother fucker Oli Sykes today, tell him that he can suck my dick. Maybe you guys could even bottle his band later.”

This was common for Jaime and Oliver. They trash talked one another like it was their profession. It was all in good fun and after she said it, she turned to where he was standing side stage and stuck her tongue out. With a smile across his lips, he flipped his middle finger in her direction. She blew a kiss at him before turning back to the crowd and beginning the song.


AP.net thread
Keep Your Composure vocalist Jaime Caldwell issued a big fuck you to Bring Me the Horizon vocalist Oli Sykes today at the UK’s Reading Festival. A video of Jaime telling the crowd to ‘bottle’ his band off stage can be seen in the replies.


At the after party, there was a girl hanging onto Oliver’s arm. She was a tall blonde wearing a low cut tank top and bright blue eye shadow. Oliver was drinking a beer and looking a little moody when Jaime came up to him. “Good show, Sykes,” Jaime said.

Oliver seemed to light up slightly. “There yeh are. Been lookin’ fer yeh,” he responded.

“Sorry, I ran into someone I knew right after your set. I meant to come find you then but got distracted.” This is when she noticed the girl next to him. The girl was staring at Jaime. “Hi, I’m Jaime.” Jaime waved and smiled.
The girl was disinterested in meeting Jaime but said “Gemma” anyway.

Oliver’s attention stayed on Jaime. “Yeh lot stickin’ ‘round fer awhile?”

Jaime shook her head “No. We’re actually leaving in a few minutes. Our redeye leaves at twelve thirty,” she explained. “I’m just doing my rounds saying goodbye to you fellows. Nicholls got a bit sappy with me.”

“Tha’s ‘cause ‘e’s a nancy.”

“No! It’s because he’ll miss me,” Jaime corrected.

“S’only a monf ‘fore we see yeh again. No missin’ to be done.” Oliver pretended he didn’t care; both he and Jaime saw through it.

“Uh huh.” Jaime took Oliver’s beer from his hand, taking a quick sip before placing it back in his palm. “You don’t have to say that you’ll miss me if front of the bird. I know the truth.” She winked, using some of his own vocabulary to mock.

“Yeh certainly are perceptive.”

“It’s one of my better traits.”

“Along wiff yer bum. Tha’s pretty nice too,” he said shamelessly.

“Well, obviously.” She stood up straighter, jutting her hips backwards to accentuate her butt. “That’s not one of my better traits; it’s my BEST.” She grinned wickedly. This was where the similarity between Oliver and Jaime was the highest. They were both shameless. They were flirtatious and full of come ons and suggestive comments. They were practically identical in their ideologies.

Oliver shook his head with a smirk plastered across his lips. “I migh’ miss yeh a bit.”

“Because none of your other friends are as fun as me or because they’re as fucking hot as me?” Jaime asked this casually but out of the corner of her eye she could see Gemma scowling at her. As much as Jaime loved causing a bit of trouble, she didn’t want to ruin Oliver’s chances of getting with this girl. “I guess I should be going… We have to sober Danny up before we get to the airport.”

“Tha’ll be right ‘ard. E’s been drinkin’ all day.”

"He's hammered right now..."

"Good fer 'im!"

“Yep. Taking a page out of our boo,k it seems.” Jaime brushed her hair out of her eyes and they didn’t say anything for a moment. Oliver was staring directly into her eyes. There seemed to be a hesitation in both of them. “Well… I guess I’ll see you in October?” She shrugged her shoulders and bit the corner of her lip.

“Yeh gonna give Oli a hug then?” Oliver pulled his arm out of the tall blonde’s grip.

“As long as he doesn’t speak about himself in the third person ever again,” Jaime reasoned.

“Aye, I can do that.” He held out his arms for her.

“You gonna try and cope a feel?” She narrowed her eyes.

“Wouldn’ it be weird if I didn’?”

“Good point.” Jaime immediately stepped into him, wrapping her arms around his middle. She seemed so little to him as she was pressed against his chest. He’d never really thought about that much because her personality was so large. But as he held onto her, longer than was probably appropriate, she was tiny and fragile. She pulled away, smiling. “See you in a month, Oliver.”
♠ ♠ ♠
F-f-f-filler.
But I'll update later today or tomorrow.
Sent a shout out of AP.net because they really do post some random ridic stuff sometimes.
Props to my BFF Liz (GardenStatement) for making me a banner even though she makes fun of me for jamming to BMTH.