Never Again

I Hear A Scream

Daddy, stop it, please. Mommy, are you okay? Mommy, you’re bleeding, you can’t be fine… Dad, stop it okay, fucking stop it, can’t you see you’ve broken her, you cunt… Mom, you need help… Get out, get the fuck out, we don’t want you here…

Hearing her scream every night I can hear my Mom. It’s all so vivid. I remember the man, my father, hit her every time he got drunk. I never understood why. I still don’t.

My father is so like the ‘man’ living down the hall, yet somehow less drunk. That ‘man’ is called Alex. He drinks at night, in the morning, with every meal, always drinking. My father only drank at night, got more frequent as the years went on, but as I grew older I could help Mom, drive her to the hospital.

Alex is worse. He doesn’t need an excuse to hit her.

Her, the beautiful Rosie. Her red hair and brown eyes tone in with her pale skin, even then cuts seem to add to her beauty. I wish I could help, but she’s in denial. Her eyes tell me one thing-
“Help me Chad, please.”
-her lips another-
“Chad I’m fine. Stop worrying.” But her screams say more than words or pictures.

A picture says a thousands words, but those scream, they just kill me…

Those screams keep me awake.
Those screams make me want to kill that man.
Those screams are for me to hear.
Those screams tell me to run into the hallway and find her cowering body…

“ARHhhh, get AWAY from me. NO Stop it….please, honey…”