The Girl's a Straight-Up Hustler

The End.

Alex's P.O.V.
______________________________

I stood at the airport in Seattle waiting for my band mates to arrive, and I lifted the cheap dollar coffee to my lips and took a sip. It burned my mouth but I didn't care, it would do for now. It burned down my throat and I continued to sip it. I drank black for the purpose to help keep me awake.

My sunglasses helped the hangover, the lights were bright and blinding in this airport. I finished it and chucked the empty Styrofoam cup into the garbage, letting my hands fall into my denim jeans pockets. My eyes scanned the area, couples holding hands waiting to go some place far away.

Mothers that had children sleeping in their arms. Business people with their laptops open and typing furiously as if whatever it was they were typing their life depended upon it. Families huddling together talking in hushed whispers.

I could have had a family.

I could have been happy.

Every night since I had left Maryland, I'd been a drunken mess. I'd pay people to buy me alcohol and they obliged when I tipped them heavily. I was trying to sober up and try to appear put together even if inside I was a wreck.

My eyes were exhausted and probably blood shot from the countless tears I had shed within a 24 hour time period. I could feel my cellphone vibrate and I reached into my leather jacket's pocket and pulled it out.

As if it was a commercial, I had gotten a picture message from Rian and it was a picture of myself standing at the airport. I whirled around to see them smirking at me, I walked forward to embrace each of them individually.

"Ready for tomorrow?" Jack asked and I shook my head, my own fears and doubts about performing entering my mind.

"Not even close."
______________________________

Danny's P.O.V.
______________________________

I sat on my bed with piles of clothes surrounding me, I slowly pushed the ones I would need for Missouri into the suitcase. I was going to scout out my room and my new school, get acquainted with it and my Grandparents.

A part of me was terrified to leave, I had never before left my house on my own. I had been on vacation but this would be permanent.

Missouri would become my home.

I squeezed my eyes shut taking deep breaths to stable myself on the inside, I was shaking at the thought. Shaking to think that I would have to be independent, I'd have to rely on myself. I'd have to make this work.

I couldn't come back home I thought with finality as I zipped my suitcase shut.
______________________________

Alex's P.O.V.
______________________________

My hands shook as I gripped the water bottle tighter, it was the first day of the tour, Warped tour. I could hear the people gathering waiting for us to play. I could feel my whole body shaking as Rian patted me on the back, he looked worried.

I took long sips from my water as we walked out onto the stage to make sure everything we needed was there. I walked forward towards the mic, everyone was staring at me. Jack had pushed me to play the song I had made for Danny.

"Hello Seattle! How are we doin' today?!" I hollered as the audience cheered, I gave a smile, my facade not wavering for a second. I took a long sip from my water before tossing it into the audience, a screaming girl catching it.

"This is a new song that I wrote a couple months ago, and I'm going to play it for you. It's called 'Hit The Lights' and its dedicated to the girl I love."

I let myself sit on the stool behind me and I held my acoustic guitar, I strummed it quickly making sure it was tune. I looked at the crowd, they stared back eagerly, they were strangely quiet.

I took deep breath before I began:

"I'm sitting here wishing for something that's missing,
I'm waiting for you to tell me,
that time keeps on passing.
I'm hoping, I'm asking
to stand by your side,
at least for tonight.

______________________________

Danny's P.O.V.
______________________________

I held my mother in my arms, I could feel her tears against my cheek and then slide until they crashed onto my chest. She shook against me as my hands curled around her and I pulled back to look at her red eyes. She sniffled as she put space between us and I sighed.

This was hard.

I bit my lip and took in a deep breath glancing back at my house. "I'll miss you Mom, I promise to call you as soon as my flight lands." She nodded as she kissed my cheek one last time before I bent down and got into the taxi that drove me to the airport.

The sky crackled above just as we got near the airport, my heart was racing as I walked into the airport. I was drenched and soaking wet, I squeezed out my hair as I walked towards the desk asking exactly when my flight would be leaving.

4:30.

I nodded as I walked away towards the coffee shop, I needed something to help keep me awake. Something to keep me slightly together.

I had just watched my mother bawl and beg me not to go, I felt terrible to deny her request. But I had to do this for myself, I couldn't stay in that town any longer or else the memories would consume me entirely and I'd never be able to live.

Never able to feel alive again.
______________________________

"Let's follow through with this reckless dream.
That's tearing me up inside,
and all the time we've been so innocent.

So don't you go I've got you where I want you,
and I'm never letting go.
Hit the lights we'll be all right,
tonight our dreams come true."

______________________________

Alex's P.O.V.
______________________________

I couldn't believe I was doing this even as my flight landed in Maryland when the storm hit over head, I called her house and no one answered. I slammed my phone shut as I continued to drive, the next flight closest to were we lived was booked solid and I couldn't wait.

I had to see Danny before it was too late.

I drove as fast as I could without getting a ticket, I didn't stop. My heart was racing my chest as I looked at the clock.

3:30

______________________________

Danny's P.O.V.
______________________________

I was shaking as the clock counted down the minutes and hours till I had to leave. I held my head in my hand as I looked down at the ring Alex had given me in 6th grade, I couldn't leave it behind. I knew these memories would forever plague my mind.

I held back the tears that wanted to fall, I missed him.

Would I always miss him?

A part of me regretted not groveling, not yelling or screaming. I regretted being so passive and letting him walk from my life especially when I all needed was him. I didn't want anybody but Alex.

But instead, I had no one.
______________________________

Alex's P.O.V.
______________________________

I finally arrived to Danny's house and I walked to the door and knocked and I watched as her mother answered, her eyes red. My heart sank, something happened to Danny. Oh god. What happened to Danny?

"What happened?"

Her mother pulled me forward into a hug as she cried, what happened was all I could continue to think. "She left for Missouri. Her planes leaving at 4:30. My baby." She said as I pulled back and raised my arm.

I yanked back the sleeve to see my watch read 4:00 and the airport was an hour away. I had to try.

I had to try.
______________________________

"Now lets take our chances.
please give me your answer.
It's all up to you so please take me away.
We've waited for so long,
I can't say it feels wrong to close my eyes,
when all I see is you.

Let's follow through with this reckless dream.
It's tearing me up inside,
and all the time we'll make it seem,
like we have nothing to hide nothing to hide.
"
______________________________

Danny's P.O.V.
______________________________

I felt nervous and anxious as I walked towards my plane's departure gate, I hated planes and I was terrified. I had to do this, I had to get over my fear and take control.

I wouldn't die.

I hope.

My hands itched as the lady called forward my flight and I walked forward, I was the last in line just in case I decided not to go. My mind fumbled with excuses to stay but deep in my heart I knew it was for the best.

Then I heard something, I heard singing and suddenly the airport began to grow quiet, eerily quiet. I turned to look and I froze and my luggage fell from my hands.

"So don't you go I've got you where I want you,
and I'm never letting go.
Hit the lights we'll be all right,
tonight our dreams come true.
"

I started to cry as I watched Alex continue to make his way forward, all eyes were on him. He placed his guitar down as he moved forward and I couldn't help but throw my arms around his neck and holding him close to me.

I was hoping this wasn't a dream, I was praying to god this wasn't a dream. Alex.

My Alex.

I started to cry against him, I buried my face into his shoulder as the lady asking for tickets called, I turned to look at her.

"I'm not going." I whispered as I looked up at Alex and then I felt his lips move against my hungrily, desperately.

I needed this.

I needed him.

How did I survive so long without him in my arms, without his kiss?

My prince charming, my cocky musician prince charming.

He pulled back, and I stared into his eyes, I had so many questions to ask him.

"Yesterday was the first start of the tour and they asked me to play the song I wrote for you. As I was playing it all I could think about was you. The way you'd laugh, or the way your skin felt against mine. The way when you saw me smiling you'd instantly smile, happy because I was smiling. I realized no matter how much I was falling apart the one thing steady in my life was you. I couldn't stay, I couldn't continue on without you so I caught the first flight back home."

I watched him, emotions ranged from sadness, and a smile here there. But his words hit home and I felt the impact as tears leaked from my eyes. I watched as his took a breath before he continued.

"I don't know when it happened, it could have been in Kindergarten when I saved you from swallowing sand. It could have been when we sat on the roof of my car eating ice cream in our spot. Or in Denver when I asked you to be my girlfriend or possibly when I saw you in my clothes for the first time. But somewhere in between all those memories, I fell in love.

I fell in love with you and while I've been away, I've been a mess. Every night I've gone to sleep without you in my arms. It's killed me. I know just because I'm saying this doesn't make everything okay between us. But I can't do this without you Danny, I need you. As I sang your song I realized we both have individual problems, sure.

But as that song goes, 'Lean on me when you're not strong.' I'll be there for you and I know you'll be there for me. Together we can lean on each other and be strong, be invincible."

I took in a shaky breath, I was surprised I was still breathing. I was surprised I hadn't fainted. He pulled away from me and knelt down on one knee and I swore this time, I would faint.

Stay conscious.

I forced myself to breathe as he brought out a small velvet box and he flicked it open and I saw a ring, my heart thudded against my ribs.

"Danica Fayelin DeFazzio, Would you do me the honor of being my wife?"

I smiled at him through teary eyes, I could still feel all eyes upon Alex and I.

"Do you really have to ask?" I responded as he laughed and moved forward and hugged me tightly against him, swinging me around in a circle. He looked down at me as he slid the golden ring upon my finger.

I had Alex back, I had my prince and he had his princess.

We had problems but he was my glue, he was the cheese to my macaroni. My other half.

My soul mate.

He looked down at me smiled, "You finally find that you and I collide."

The perfect ending to the perfect story.

___________________________________________
You & I collide.
♠ ♠ ♠
the end. (:

comments? (:

should i make sequel, or leave it as it is?
gimme your opinions. thanks. (: